PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Robinson Day jersey on mlb.com

withay
05-30-2008, 11:54 AM
Hi guys,

I was wondering what people's thoughts are on this item.

http://bluejays.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=94635281&prmenbr=33412109&aunbr=94981991

Wilkerson was obtained by the Blue Jays on May 9th.
The game this jersey was worn was April 15th.

Technically, the listing just says that it's game worn, but it doesn't say worn by Wilkerson, who is the person who has signed it.

Anyone else found misleading items like this on mlb?

Cheers,
withay

brianborsch
05-30-2008, 01:16 PM
I wondered about that as all of the JR jerseys are the same: cool base no name jerseys with #42. If the whole team wears them, its pretty hard to keep track, unless they are marked sepparately. I would imagine that many jerseys are actually game worn, but because they are signed by a certain player it does not mean they wore it, and I garauntee the mlb authentication will not state it was worn by the said player. It will state it is signed by the said player.

jlew22
05-30-2008, 06:34 PM
The jersey that is being advertised as a Brad Wilkerson jersey, is actually Frank Thomas's Jersey. If your look at the signature it is definitely Frank's. They must of seen the #35 inscription and thought it was Brad Wilkerson's, because he took number 35 after Frank Thomas was released.

suave1477
05-30-2008, 07:06 PM
withay by the looks of it I would say #42 wore it but don't qoute me on that lol lol:D :D

just kidding!!!

whatupyos
05-30-2008, 07:56 PM
I know that the A's had the players actual numbers written on the Majestic tag to distinguish who's jersey was whose. Maybe other teams did the same?

Aaron

withay
05-31-2008, 09:34 AM
You're totally right. That IS a Frank Thomas autographed jersey.
He WAS on the Jays on April 15th. And he was one of the few players that wore #42.

I wonder if someone's going to get a future HOF jersey for a Wilkerson price tag!! Thanks for the sleuthing!

Cheers,
withay