PDA

View Full Version : Historic Auction LOA Problems

matt
05-28-2008, 02:23 PM
I really like the items in the new Historic auction, and James has been very responsive to my many calls and emails. Unfortunately 6 months after the last auction, I am still sitting here with a "PSA/DNA GU 9 Manny bat" that I paid big bucks for with no authentication whatsoever.

There have been other posts on problems getting LOA's from Historic on the forum, but on the eve of their next event, I want to ask if others are still having problems from the November event. I may be one of only a few.

I bought the lot titled "Manny Ramirez Game Used bat GU 9- LOA PSA/DNA/Taube." I probably paid too much, but the bat is hammered with use. Unfortunately, there is no evidence PSA ever saw the bat - no sticker on it and no document. I emailed and called and even spoke to James and he assured me he would fix it, but has never done that. I think he is just too busy - not trying to mislead me at all. However, I would never have paid what I did for an unauthenticated bat...makes resale too hard. Historic has had 6 months to fix this by paying for an authentication, but has not. One might also question the title of the lot saying "PSA" and "GU 9" when no authentication had occurred.

Please be careful with LOA's as you bid in the next next auction. To their credit, they seem to be more careful this time and have even posted images of the actual LOA's for many items.

Again, I don't attribute any of this to any malicious intent, just seems like a few corners were cut and I wish this vendor would follow through to address the issue. Caveat emptor...

Matt

DRILLINDK
05-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Matt,

You’re handling the situation a lot better than I would. I think I would’ve given them a month to get their $hit together. With them charging the buyer’s premium they do I would expect top notch items and service, nothing less. Give them another call, work something out. I still want to believe it was an honest mistake, but you paid too much money to be dicked around.

Rick