PDA

View Full Version : Better buy it FAST

yanks12025
05-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Someone should buy this bat very fast. Very rare also.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Scott-Kazmirs-Little-League-Baseball-Bat_W0QQitemZ140236198456QQihZ004QQcategoryZ50125Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Jags Fan Dan
05-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Funny as this may be, it brings up a question in my mind, and that is from what era does a players bat begin to have value? I know it will depend on the collector, but is it the players first used wooden bat? High school metal bat? Little league bat? Wiffle ball bat? I guess if it is a star or superstar, the earlier the better (but to what point)?

platinum1
05-26-2008, 03:01 PM
The best part is the $30 Bucks you have to pay for shipping

metsbats
05-26-2008, 06:55 PM
I going to pass on this fine Kazmir pre professional gamer as I'm still waiting for the Kylehess stuff to hit the market:p

David

yanks12025
05-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Man Kylehess is never going to get rid of that, but it is for fun.

But as Jags said, for me i would only collect MLB bats, maybe pre-rookie ones. But i cant see buying a college bat in less its a future HOF member.
I remember seeing on this forum or Network 54 about a museum that has Derek Jeters little league jersey. Now that would be a cool item to own.

bigtruck260
05-26-2008, 09:09 PM
At some point as a collector, I begin to wonder how much of one person's stuff must a collector have to be considered infatuated...?

It must be pretty cool for a player to sign some of his old stuff (for most, anyway) and he can probably understand to an extent the collectible value of it...

But when you get to little league items, is suddenly becomes uncool for me.

I am imagining showing off my collection and pointing to a Jim Edmonds Khoury League uni - or an Albert Pujols T-Ball stirrup...

There is probably some unwritten man code somewhere that says it crosses a line when you start buying children's clothing for display.

To the guys who are completists, I can understand owning EVERYTHING, but my wife would probably not allow me to have (or spend mad money) or something like that.

I have a 2 year old in waiting for MLB playing time...I think I'll just hang onto his playground used items for a while. Maybe it's a longshot...

:)

salukidave
05-27-2008, 03:08 PM
The best part is the $30 Bucks you have to pay for shipping

I don't understand complaints about shipping prices. You simply factor it into the final overall price you want to pay. Sellers charge a lot for shipping in order to circumvent some eBay fees. It shouldn't be hard to understand.

mdube16
05-27-2008, 05:44 PM
But when you get to little league items, is suddenly becomes uncool for me.

I am imagining showing off my collection and pointing to a Jim Edmonds Khoury League uni - or an Albert Pujols T-Ball stirrup...:)

Call me crazy but I would buy Pujols' little league jersey in a second. I would also like the Danny Almonte's Paulinos All Star jersey.

loumud
05-29-2008, 12:03 PM
I don't understand complaints about shipping prices. You simply factor it into the final overall price you want to pay. Sellers charge a lot for shipping in order to circumvent some eBay fees. It shouldn't be hard to understand.

On top of being against ebay policy, I personally frown upon those who do overcharge for shipping. I think it's unethical as you're lying to the buyer about making money off the shipping when the actual cost is less. If you want to make money on shipping, why not just open your own UPS Store?

Why don't the sellers just state that they're charging a buyer's premium for the item? At least when the big auction houses add that premium to their auction lots, we know as buyers that it's being added. They don't just try and sneak it into an inflated shipping price. Anyone participating in or condoning this practice is a slug!!

harrid4
05-29-2008, 12:28 PM
On top of being against ebay policy, I personally frown upon those who do overcharge for shipping. I think it's unethical as you're lying to the buyer about making money off the shipping when the actual cost is less. If you want to make money on shipping, why not just open your own UPS Store?

Why don't the sellers just state that they're charging a buyer's premium for the item? At least when the big auction houses add that premium to their auction lots, we know as buyers that it's being added. They don't just try and sneak it into an inflated shipping price. Anyone participating in or condoning this practice is a slug!!

I'm with loumud on this one. It is completely unethical. I recognize that there is a bit of a gray line that as a buyer we may not have complete insight into. It can be easily argued that shipping fees should include the time and money it costs to get the item to the post office, but the seller still has a responsibility to be completely honest and up front.

Nothing iritates me more than paying $6 for shipping something that shows up in an unprotected envelope with $0.59 worth of stamps on it.

eBay is a horrible company when it comes to allowing these fraudulous sellers to continue to get away with this, but as a buyer I recognize this and must factor it into the overall price I am willing to pay for an item.