PDA

View Full Version : Piazza Game used bat??

ndevlin
05-23-2008, 09:30 PM
Any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/MIKE-PIAZZA-GAME-USED-BASEBALL-BAT-METS-PADRES-DODGERS_W0QQitemZ250251423425QQihZ015QQcategoryZ60 596QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

metsbats
05-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Nate,

I purchased this Piazza bat and another one the seller had too. These bats are the same size and length of other Piazza Mizunos in my collection and have the same traits as typical Piazza bats in my opinion. When I line up the new bat with my 2000 gamers the pine tar application is in exactly the same place. The Mizuno center labeling is lower on the newer bats than the older bats which give the illusion the pine is higher though. The bat i received does not have a uniform number on the knob however i was able to find photo on Getty images showing Piazza using bats with no numbers on the knob during the 2007 season with the A's.

The bat in the auction link has more use and some nice lace and ball marks on the left side of the bat which i was able to see when the seller sent me additional photos of this bat. The fact that these two bats are cracked was a plus for me too.

These bats are from the 2005-2007 period while Mike played for the Met, Padres, and A's.

David