PDA

View Full Version : Minor League Jersey's

jgoldstein2000
05-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Question:

Let's say I found the minor league GU Jersey of a player I love (single A)... are minor league Jersey's worth much less than major league or are they considered special because it is the first professional Jersey the player used?

Thanks.

cjmedina1
05-23-2008, 02:45 PM
so who's the player

Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

jgoldstein2000
05-23-2008, 03:22 PM
so who's the player

Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

Papelbon

hiramman
05-23-2008, 05:07 PM
I'd say if he's your favorite player and it's in your budget and you think the price is right, pick up the jersey because you like the player not what the jersey's worth. I personally would rather have a major league jersey rather than a minor league jersey, but if you are going to collect that player, then get the minor league jersey when they're available.

Just remember, if you are purchasing a minor league jersey of a young current star, high value or prices now don't mean the jersey will be valuable in 10-15 years.

I'm a Miss. State grad so I'm very familiar with Papelbon, whis all the rage right now. But I also remember another Miss. State closer named Bobby Thigpen that set the MLB record for saves for the White Sox. He was all the rage at one time, but where is he now? It doesn't take much for a pitcher's career to come crashing down quickly.

LWMM
05-25-2008, 11:28 PM
What I have heard, for the most part, is that minor league jerseys are worth less in the long run than major league jerseys. However, if you are not looking to "invest", go with what you prefer. Personally, I have the first pro jersey (single A) of Jonny Gomes, which I much prefer to the MLB jerseys of his I have (even those from his rookie year). It is much rarer (one home, road and alternate jersey per year), much more unique, and certainly used more.

platinum1
05-25-2008, 11:42 PM
A first year pro jersey is way better then any other minor league jersey and might be worth more.In my opinion if you can get the Player to put in a cool inscription on the jersey the better. I was able to get Bobby Jenks first ever Pro jersey and I'm going to get it signed next week and have him inscribe First Pro jersey. If you collect Papelbon stuff then go ahead buy it but if you are buying it thinking is going to go up alot higher then pass on it