PDA

View Full Version : Lost packages

kneerat
05-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Hey guys,
Have any of you ever had a package get damaged in the mail or lost and then had an experience trying file an insurance claim??

Also, has anyone ever had some of their collection burned in a fire or stolen from their home??

I am doing an insurance story for SCD and it would be great if I could get some of your experiences in there.

Let me know.
chris

cigarman44
05-23-2008, 11:52 AM
I was sent a falsely advertised bat from a online retailer and sent it back FedEx. After about 2 weeks they said they never recieved it, so I went to the FedEx location and they said the bat was damaged and they were holding it until my claim went through. I paid 125 for the bat and did purchase insurance but they cover the first 100. Needless to say its been 4 months and I never heard back from FedEx. I lost the bat and the 100 refund I was suppose to get back

kneerat
05-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Cigarman,
Would you mind giving me a call? I would like to get some quotes from you about your situation.
Chris
800.726.9966 ext 13452

worldchamps
05-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Any plans on an investigative report on Coach's Corner? There seems to be a lot of poeple hear with feedback on that.

worldchamps
05-23-2008, 02:06 PM
Any plans on an investigative report on Coach's Corner? There seems to be a lot of poeple hear with feedback on that.

Sorry for the horrible spelling

There seems to be a lot of people here that would like to give their feedback on that.

JETEFAN
05-23-2008, 02:25 PM
I have had 2 instances where the packages arrived empty on the other end using the US Postal service. In 1 case after quite some time and sending the same documentation over and over I finally recieved a check from them. The other case is still pending....

George

skipcarayislegend
05-23-2008, 03:42 PM

Don't hold your breath. The day SCD stops gushing over Lee Trythall's amazing discoveries will be the same day the lights go out at 700 E. State St.

allstarsplus
05-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Chris - Your title is "Lost Packages" so this may not fit your heading as my story I would title as "Stolen Package".

I had a Soriano Yankees SAM bat with Steiner hologram from Alfonso's 35/35 season with the Yankees that was sent out for a repair with a couple other bats.

After the bats were repaired and shipped back from Fred, the top of the box appeared to have been cut thru the tape and peeled back like a banana and the Soriano was gone while the other bats were still there.

To further complicate things the bat was technically sold to a collector who was awaiting my repair on the bat, but I took on the full responsibility of finding the bat, replacing it, or refunding the money back to my buyer.

Too make a boring story short, UPS never found the bat after several months of frustration and it was not easy finding a comparable bat so I refunded the money back to my buyer and had to wait on UPS to come good on the insurance.

About 6 months later, I get a check and UPS for the insurance money and they added over $100 to it. In the end monetarily I was just under breaking even.

Yes, very frustrating as the shipper was inconvienced, my buyer was out the bat he coveted, and I raised my blood pressure several times yelling at UPS.

My opinion was the bat got stolen, but UPS would never say that was the case. :mad:

jppopma
05-26-2008, 11:38 PM
Luckily, I have never had any game used items lost or stolen in the mail. I have, however, had cards come up missing in the past.

In one case, I received an opened and empty envelope. Made the report with the USPS giving them the information (and limited cards numbers, #/50). I was never reimbursed and never heard anything back from them when I tried over and over to follow up on it.

Another case involved a "lost package" with two limited print cards. I contacted the seller who told me that they sent it and it must have been lost or stolen in the mail. They told me that they reported it to USPS, however I saw them list the same cards a couple of years later on Ebay!! Same numbers and everything! I tried to contact them and go through Ebay, but it was a dead end road there.

Both cases were frustrating, but not worth putting too much effort into something that is not too much money.