PDA

View Full Version : Who's mug is on this weeks SCD?

encinorick
05-21-2008, 06:11 PM
Oh yeah, keith obermann. My God, it's bad enough they still have the Coach's Corner, now this prissy know-it-all, "oh teacher, teacher I have the answer!!!" wannabe politico. Exactly how many jobs was this guy fired from these past few years?

My God, why do I subscribe.....

ironmanfan
05-21-2008, 06:43 PM
IMO, I actually think that Olderman's series on Topps Proof Cards is the best thing that has been in SCD in quite some time (if the first series is indictative of whats to come). The guy has real passion when its comes to card collecting.

metsbats
05-21-2008, 08:56 PM
Olbermann is a very knowledgable baseball historian and fan of the game and is a collector of rare baseball cards and serves as a consultant to Topps. He also has a piece of Mike Piazza's broken bat which Roger Clemens flung at Piazza during Game 2 of the 2000 WS.

David

encinorick
05-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Couple of years ago he paraded around the ESPN studios yelling "Seig Heil" and "Heil, Hitler." Funny man.

A guy named olbermann, in a city called New York, goose stepping around. Funny man.

Then, as part of his contact with CNBC he demanded that they allow him to bring his comedy act to Sunday Night Football. No one asked, he just demanded it. Stupid segments. Very unfunny man.

I wonder whose arm he twisted at SCD, to get this gig, and more importantly, who ghost wrote the piece.

olbermann, Nietzche's "ubermensch," collector of broken bats, hack biased politico, unfunny comedian, and now "expert" card collector.

David
05-21-2008, 11:39 PM
I offer no input or opinion on his politics or comic talent, but he is knowledgeable about baseball cards and has an advanced and expensive collection, including very rare 1800s and early 1900s cards. Whatever anyone may think of him, he knows what he's talking about baseball cards-wise.

allstarsplus
05-21-2008, 11:43 PM
Couple of years ago he paraded around the ESPN studios yelling "Seig Heil" and "Heil, Hitler." Funny man.

A guy named olbermann, in a city called New York, goose stepping around. Funny man.

I didn't hear about that stupidity, but if it is true---why does he still have a job on TV?:mad:

skyking26
05-22-2008, 07:30 AM
I gave up my SCD subscription after 25 YEARS subscribing. To SCD that commitment means nothing and their mag is a rag with no content...so I left. Sad thing is they don't care, and I have yet to miss it...

both-teams-played-hard
05-25-2008, 11:25 PM

Then, as part of his contact with CNBC he demanded that they allow him to bring his comedy act to Sunday Night Football. No one asked, he just demanded it. Stupid segments. Very unfunny man.

I wonder whose arm he twisted at SCD, to get this gig, and more importantly, who ghost wrote the piece.

olbermann, Nietzche's "ubermensch," collector of broken bats, hack biased politico, unfunny comedian, and now "expert" card collector.

Rick
Can you provide any documentation that proves Olberman made these inflammatory statements? I thought the SCD piece was well-written and informative.

David
05-26-2008, 01:41 AM
A sold a rare 1800s baseball card to him several years ago and he was very polite and respectful. I know of others who have sold to him have said the exact same thing.