PDA

View Full Version : Am I The Only One Human?????

suave1477
05-20-2008, 11:27 PM
To all members and moderators.

I AM HUMAN

Lately I have went underfire for some obvious posts

I do think it has gotten a little out of hand and people do make mistakes again I am human sometimes we act on impulse sometimes we act on what we think is a reliable source. Someone such as myself if im proving to be wrong or shown to look at things from a different angle from what I thought then my hats go off to you and I will apologize, I have no problem doing that. I am not the worlds biggest expert I am not a (we all know who) authenticator issuing LOAS out to everything.

Am I a reliable source for general game used and Strawberry used information SURE I AM.

Can I make a mistake or course I can but 9 out of 10 I can say im probably right. If you want to bash me for the one sure go right ahead.

But here is what I love some people who just come in on threads being super experts pointing out every wrong you do or the new guys who dont know anything and just slam you for the heck of slamming you.

I have made some great friends on this forum and have met some in person. I have also made some great contacts.

Do we have rules on this forum to keep everything civilized YES. Do I follow those rules YES. If somewhere down the road I might slip on a rule or slide away from a rule does that make me bad NO IT MAKES ME HUMAN

AND OTHER PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM NEED TO STOP ACTING LIKE THERE PERFECT.

both-teams-played-hard
05-20-2008, 11:52 PM
Suave
I noticed that you were treated like a "whipping boy" over a couple of posts. Don't sweat it. It's a full moon today. Folks can't help it. The moon controls tides and water tables. The human body is made of 94% water. Every month when the moon is at its brightest, forum members tend to act a fool.
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2519/fullmoonkb4.jpg
Also, the last sentence of your post has a grammatical error. You wrote "there", when you meant to use the contraction "they're" for "they are".

Nathan
05-21-2008, 12:16 AM
You misspelled "they're".;)

Jags Fan Dan
05-21-2008, 08:20 AM
Did you notify the people who posted on the other thread that you were going to start this thread about them? The rules state that you have to notify them and give them a chance to respond before.......JUST KIDDING!!!:D :D :D
I know you know the rules, and what you posted was based on direct information from what should have been not only a reliable source but THE source. I totally understand why you posted what you did and could see myself doing the same thing. And I also agree that you took more heat than you should have. Everyone needs to stop and ask themselves "Could I have done the same thing?" and give themselves an honest answer before they break out the gallows.

bigtruck260
05-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Hey Suave -

Forums can be just like work sometimes...

As soon as your co-workers see that you are having a problem, they like to dump on you to make themselves look better.

Yes, you made a mistake - BUT, you manned up and admitted that you were wrong amidst the bashing.

I think posts on the forum, like emails - lose their intent on the tone.
Not everyone reads posts the same way. You might come off as a little conforntational sometimes Jason - but I have talked to you outside of the forum, and I know you are just passionate...

Not to mention, probably a little irritated that someone close to you was not 100% truthful. I'd be upset too.

D

otismalibu
05-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Some humans do a decent job, but I think Vulcans would be better suited for determining authenticity.

Do you think Spock would pass a jersey because the auction was just hours away, the seller had a good story, etc.?

TNTtoys
05-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Some humans do a decent job, but I think Vulcans would be better suited for determining authenticity.

Do you think Spock would pass a jersey because the auction was just hours away, the seller had a good story, etc.?

I now sit back and patiently await the next BTPH creation that more than likely will feature Lampson with photo-shopped Mr. Spock ears holding a green Ripken jersey... don't let me down now!!!

Vintagedeputy
05-21-2008, 12:06 PM
I now sit back and patiently await the next BTPH creation that more than likely will feature Lampson with photo-shopped Mr. Spock ears holding a green Ripken jersey... don't let me down now!!!

I immediately thought of the same thing!

both-teams-played-hard
05-21-2008, 12:59 PM
No way! You guys are out of your Vulcan mind!

ahuff
05-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Did you notify the people who posted on the other thread that you were going to start this thread about them? The rules state that you have to notify them and give them a chance to respond before.......JUST KIDDING!!!:D :D :D
I know you know the rules, and what you posted was based on direct information from what should have been not only a reliable source but THE source. I totally understand why you posted what you did and could see myself doing the same thing. And I also agree that you took more heat than you should have. Everyone needs to stop and ask themselves "Could I have done the same thing?" and give themselves an honest answer before they break out the gallows.

I agree whole heartedly, and I typically try to stay out of these types of arguments. However, it got so bad that I was going to post a few days ago. I wanted to state a very similar thing, but I couldn't have worded it better. I noticed that the moderator indicated that the title or the post had been edited. If it hasn't been changed too much, then I don't understand why the issues were blown up to this extent. Certainly Suave1477 could have contacted the auction house. But it sounds like he is pretty close to Darryl. Personally, if I'm hearing directly from the horses mouth, what is the intent of contacting the auction house? Afterall, I'm either going to believe one party or the other!!! It seems that Suave1477 have a pretty close relationship with Darryl, and if that is the case, then I am certainly going to trust that relationship over an auction house. Afterall, they are the ones out trying to make money.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with how Suave1477 handled the situation. He especially didn't deserve the wrath that he got. Personally, I believe others need to apologize.

Chris indicated that "it is not appropriate to come onto the forum and state the ring is not real. As stated in the rule, findings should be stated in the form of an opinion and the seller should be contacted first to avoid postings based on misunderstandings."

Well, the thing is Suave1477 never said the ring wasn't real. In fact, he spoke it in the form of an opinion. He said, "I spoke with Darryl tonight and he told me he still has his 99 ring and would never let it go. He said the one on Lelands has to be a duplicate because he still has his." All he did was state the facts as told by him from a first hand party (the auction house isn't even a first hand party). Never once did he say "This ring is a fake!!!" He even gave it validity saying that it could be a duplicate. This does happen as I know Jostens (Not sure who did these rings) will typically make copies to show. The only thing I see even partially wrong was that he didn't contact the auction house. Again, in this case, I don't understand the need to contact them. Would someone else verify what a friend/acquaintance was telling them? I don't second guess my friends.

I believe this is what the rule states: In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, it is expected that the poster clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion (this was done) and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue (This was done). When possible, it is expected that the poster questioning an item will attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item.

Also, the rule is rather vague when it states "WHEN POSSIBLE". That leaves the rule wide open for interpretation. Afterall, it can often not be possible. Say, the auction is about to end, or I have to go out of town, or perhaps a thousand other reasons or times. This is especially true when you are hearing from the athlete themselves.

34swtns
05-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Don't sweat it dude. 2 weeks ago it was my turn to get ripped a new one.
Everybody likes to throw stones 'till they're the target......and EVERYBODY eventually gets to be the target. You'd think people would remember that before they start typing, but they never do.

3arod13
05-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Don't sweat it dude. 2 weeks ago it was my turn to get ripped a new one.
Everybody likes to throw stones 'till they're the target......and EVERYBODY eventually gets to be the target. You'd think people would remember that before they start typing, but they never do.

Agree. I recently had a large chunk of my butt chewed off, so I'm now hesitant and careful about how and what I post and respond.

In my opinion, it's all about approach. If you attached, then you get attacked. If you are respectful and ask a question, most of the time the conversation goes well.

However, like previously said, it's difficult to tell tone of words typed, and everyone reads things differenlty that maybe intended.

beavisrules
05-21-2008, 07:39 PM
[quote=both-teams-played-hard;84417]Suave
I noticed that you were treated like a "whipping boy" over a couple of posts. Don't sweat it. It's a full moon today. Folks can't help it. The moon controls tides and water tables. The human body is made of 94% water. Every month when the moon is at its brightest, forum members tend to act a fool.

BTPH,

Actually, in a previous physiology class I took, it's taught that the body is roughly 60% water for most (some folks it's as low as 50%)

I couldn't resist given the theme of this thread . . .:D

metsbats
05-21-2008, 07:50 PM
Suave,

I hope you are not including me in this "ripping you a new one" category with my reply to your question on whether you were wrong? I was just giving my honest opinion and without all the window dressing.

Keep posting Brother you are a valuable member of this forum and we all enjoy your posts!

-David

metsbats
05-21-2008, 08:13 PM
We should all wear these t-shirts while we post to remind us to be mindful of each other feelings. I'm sure our spouses and GF's will be more tolerable to all the time we spend posting when the see us wearing this shirt.

suave1477
05-22-2008, 02:02 PM
METSBATS,

No I was not referrring to you that is why after you had posted I did not respond because I actually took in what you said. I felt you were probably right.