PDA

View Full Version : OT: New York BB Road Trip: HELP!!

earlywynnfan
05-19-2008, 04:43 PM
OK, a buddy and I are thinking of driving to New York to see some baseball games. In July, the Yankees play a game at 1 and the Mets play at 7. This may be a VERY silly question, but can any of you New Yorkers tell me if it'd be possible to get from Yankee Stadium to Shea in time to make both games? Is there a decent route, since we'll be going through rush hour? Or is this just not gonna happen?

As a follow-up, how long does it take to drive to Baltimore? The Orioles play at 12:30 the next day.

Thanks
Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

BarryMeisel
05-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Hi Kevin,
As one who has done this numerous times, I can tell you it is very doable. It is a 15-20 minute drive from Yankee to Shea ...

Of course, there are numerous factors:

What day in July? If you are driving through rush hour (4-7 pm weekdays), 15-20 minutes can become an hour ... and of course you have the parking issue ...

Since there is construction of new Yankee Stadium and CitiField, parking is not easy at either stadium. Depending upon where you are staying, you might consider mass transit (it's easy to get from one to the other by train) ...

And NY to Baltimore is approximately 3-4 hours, depending upon where in NYC you are starting from.

Hope this helps,

Barry

BarryMeisel
05-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Sorry, Ken. I did not mean to type Kevin.

suave1477
05-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Earlywynn I live in New York and have done it before. You can make both games but in my personal opinion during rush hour it will definteily take longer then an hour I would stretch that into an hour and a half to close to 2 hours. Again depending on everything Barry Meisel said traffic, day, and just getting out of one game can take about 20 minutes.

I have also driven down to Baltimore to catch the Orioles and I would say it will take you about 3 and a half to 4 hours to get there.

You would have to leave very very early the next morning if your gonna try to catch a 12:30pm.

All in all it is all doable just be prepared to take a nice long rest after all that.:D