PDA

View Full Version : Dave "Hindu" Hendersons Jersey Collection

Lokee
05-19-2008, 03:38 PM
http://sports-cards.search.ebay.com/_Sports-Mem-Cards-Fan-Shop_W0QQcatrefZC12QQsacatZ64482QQsassZdotQ2dtools Q2dusa

Looks like Dave is selling off some of his gamers !!!

hblakewolf
05-19-2008, 03:46 PM
The 1995 Edgar Martinez is missing the Negro League sleeve patch. No extra length on the McGwire. The tagging on these looks as crisp as the day they were manufactured.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

skyking26
05-19-2008, 03:50 PM
My question here would be why there is no Henderson signed LOA? Is there one, am I wrong?

Lokee
05-19-2008, 03:57 PM
LOL

good call on the Martinez jersey :)

suave1477
05-19-2008, 06:28 PM
What I find weird is every jersey is a 94 Jersey and every LOA is worded different and none of them mention the Anniversary patch.

Also I would agree that wouldnt Henderson have an LOA for these to show he give his seal of approval to help sell these Jerseys????

Lokee
05-19-2008, 07:45 PM
I messaged the seller and here is the response

"Here is the deal: The jerseys are all authenticated by GAI which is the number one grading and authentication service company in the world. Dave Henderson is my very good friend. His son has Angel-man syndrome. Part of this money is going to his son's charity, because Dave really doesn't need the money. Dave lives in Bellevue, WA and has a girlfriend lives in West Seattle. Her name is Nancy and she is also a good friend of mine. We all hang out at a place called Christo's on Alki Beach on the weekends and watch the games. Feel free to call the GAI and verify their authenticity yourse. Do you trust them? There is a reference number on the certificate and you can just ask them about the tags and patches. They know Dave too. He is friends with a lot of the guys that work there. I am going to be auctioning off over $250,00 worth of Dave's items over the next year or two. He has them all in his storage in Bellevue. In fact, I just picked up another batch to be authenticated. I have 100% feedback and 4 ebay stores. All of them have 100% feedback. I do not sell anything that is fake. Keep watching my auctions and my feedback. You will see what I mean. My customers are very pleaI will be happy to have Dave Henderson do an LOA. I have already talked to him about it. In fact, I told him that whoever buys these Jerseys would love to have a personalized letter thanking them for their donation and purchase. He thought that was a great idea. I hate fake stuff myself. There is a lot of it on ebay, so I can see why you would be a little concerned, but if they are graded and certified, you have nothing to worry about and neither does anyone else. Most people are excited to see some of this stuff up for auction. It's all a huge part of baseball history. Try finding a Randy Johnson jersey that's game used and signed. He only signs for a few people and Dave is one of them. I wouldn't risk going to prison. Thank you."

suave1477
05-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Wow sign me up im a believer!!!!

Dave doesnt need the money so its going to his sons charity????
So then why doesnt Dave put his own money in his sons charity
Can I see the tax ID code for the charity foundation????

GAI best authentication company hmmmmmmmm

Randy Johnson only signs for a few people hmmmmmm
Guess it was a figment of my imagination when he did a recent autograph signing and he was signing for tons of people who paid for his autograph

whatupyos
05-19-2008, 08:45 PM
I noticed on the McGwire jersey that no where on the LOA does it say game used. Or did I just miss it? If I'm wrong, please tell me, but I didn't see anywhere where it said it was game used. From what I know of Mac gamers he always wore 2" extra length from the mid-90's on. I don't know about the early years but from at least 1992-2001 he wore 2"extra length. The Mac jersey seems pretty crispy too. Just my observations.

Aaron

platinum1
05-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Wow sign me up im a believer!!!!

Dave doesnt need the money so its going to his sons charity????
So then why doesnt Dave put his own money in his sons charity
Can I see the tax ID code for the charity foundation????

GAI best authentication company hmmmmmmmm

Randy Johnson only signs for a few people hmmmmmm
Guess it was a figment of my imagination when he did a recent autograph signing and he was signing for tons of people who paid for his autograph
Well one thing he got right Randy Johnson doesn't sign for anyone.
That guy will go back around so he wont get close to you and if you do get close he would start talking smack just like Roger Clemens.

suave1477
05-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Well Platnium seems like he signed for everyone at the show

platinum1
05-19-2008, 08:56 PM
Well Platnium seems like he signed for everyone at the show
You know the Almighty Dollar do change people.

jerseydave.com
05-19-2008, 09:07 PM
I can tell you that what they are saying about Dave's son is entirely true. When I went to Dave's baseball camp last October, he could not attend. His son just had a growth spurt, and because of the disease, he has to be in a hospital and get his medicine measured exactly right every time he grows, so Dave had to miss the Camp. The people who run the camp with Dave also live in WA. So for not seeing the jerseys myself, I cannot tell you anything about them... but I can tell you Dave's son does have what this guy stated.

Lokee
05-25-2008, 12:22 AM
The guy just had Dave sign the letters of authenticity. This totally throw's any class that Mr Henderson had out the window. He claims the Griffey was used however it is BRAND NEW with no signs of use. He also lays claims into the Martinez being game used yet the jersey is NOT consistant with the 1995 jerseys as they should ALL have the negro league patch. Desperate times calll for desperate measures I suppose.

commando
05-25-2008, 02:33 PM
We assume sometimes that athletes are GU experts, when in fact, usually quite the opposite is true.

What we do know it that Dave Henderson is selling lots of shirts, probably to benefit his son's charity, and it sounds like Henderson has lots of them in his collection. Can we expect him to remember all the fine details about how he acquired each jersey?

How did he get the jerseys? Is it reasonable to think that he did NOT get each and every one of them right off the backs of players at the conclusions of games? It would make sense to me that he traded items with other players, or just asked for them. And he got what he got. Probably a mix of some nice gamers, unused backup jerseys, and improperly tagged clubhouse "giveaway" jerseys. Once again, with Henderson being a player and not a GU expert, how would he know?

It is probably safe to assume that many players wanted a McGwire jersey back in the day... Not just Dave Henderson. I'm sure the club made extra jerseys because of this, but didn't necessarily feel the need to make them to exact game specifications. So what you may see before you now is one of those very shirts -- an item with team or player provenance, but not actually worn (or even made) for a game. Is that a scenario that is hard to believe? Unfortunately, because of the numerous fakes out there, a jersey fitting this bill has limited usefulness in the hobby of today.

I'm not saying that anyone needs to bite hook, line and sinker on a questionable jersey just because it comes from the collection of a player. What I am saying is that we need to be careful when we imply that players are somehow crooked when they sell their collections because some of the facts don't seem to add up. A brand-new jersey that went straight from the wrapper in the clubhouse to the hands of Dave Henderson may or may not have a commemorative patch, for example.

Sometimes I wish our hobby was more straightforward and easy to catalog. Unfortunately, it never will be.

Lokee
05-25-2008, 02:38 PM
fair enough and understandable.