PDA

View Full Version : game issued Louisville Slugger Edgar Martinez bat verification

brianborsch
05-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Hello all (especially BMH),

I got this bat off of ebay and it is truly a beautiful bat. However I am curious if it is truly a game issued bat. It has the 125 (not underlined) and Edgar's signature along with model number and team name, however it also has a thick coat of finish on the upper half of it and I am not certain if they do that for gamers. Can anyone shed some light? The wood quality is definitely good. At least as far as I can tell.

BB

brianborsch
05-16-2008, 08:48 PM
Sorry, forgot the pics...

momen55
05-16-2008, 08:56 PM
that's extra thick lacquer. toby hall ordered bats like that.

suave1477
05-16-2008, 09:09 PM
I have a Robin Ventura Game Used Bat like that I do believe the proper name for it is called Double Dipped.

BMH
05-16-2008, 09:51 PM
To tell the truth we never double dip anything, but that is a gamer. That is an epoxy coating we used to put on his bats. It's the same epoxy we use on our Composite bats without the fiberglass. Really thick and super hard to destroy, unfortunately it would add up to two ounces of weight to the bat and the process produced many bad bats. Believe me with that process we would be nuts to try and produce replica's with that. The only reps we did make with it was the Honus Wagner bats because we wanted to protect the decal on the end.

brianborsch
05-17-2008, 10:37 PM
Brian,

While many bats may have been ruined from the process of making this bat, I must admit that it is the most beautiful bat I have ever seen! I love the gloss look. It really brings out the life in the wood grain. Great stuff! My new fav bat! I have not gotten the Wagner bat yet. Can't wait to see it as well...