PDA

View Full Version : Icon Sports Media

Dewey2007
05-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Thought this might be of interest to folks looking for sports images. Today I got an e-mail from a person who works at Icon Sports Media. They contacted me to see if there were any images I was particularly interested in and what I was going to use them for.

Unfortunately they cannot sell any of their NFL images because Getty has an exclusive contract with the NFL but it sounds like other images are available for purchase. She didn't quote me any prices but it might be worth checking out especially if they have any non-NFL photos your interested in.

I recently registered on their website so you might have to do that first.

Tedw9
05-17-2008, 08:59 AM
There are a few MLB pics on that site I would love to have. Would you be willing to share the email address with me?

Dewey2007
05-17-2008, 09:21 AM
I think you would have to register on their site first if you haven't done that already. I have the ISM rep's e-mail at work so I can send that to you on Monday.

dcrules01
05-17-2008, 12:05 PM
I registered have to wait for confirmation...

Tedw9
05-17-2008, 01:38 PM
I registered have to wait for confirmation...

Me too. Hopefully someone from Icon will contact me with some good news. :)

Number9
05-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Anything new on this fellas?
I contacted Icon a few months ago and exchanged e-mails with a nice guy but unfortunately the bottom line is he said they could not sell baseball images to individuals.
I was very up front about simply photo-matching a jersey and not using the image for publication but he said their policy was very strict, I believe due to their agreement with MLB if I am not mistaken.
I hope that has changed. I would pay well for a couple images myself.
Please keep us informed.

Mike

hockeyhistory62@yahoo.com

Dewey2007
05-19-2008, 06:39 PM
Here's an update. It seems Getty has an exclusive lock on all NHL, NBA, NFL & MLB images. All Icon Sports Images can really offer is NCAA photos and they license these through a third party called Replay Photos. Here is their website: www.replayphotos.com (http://www.replayphotos.com)

Looks like Getty has the market cornered on major pro sports images.

Number9
05-20-2008, 01:34 PM
That's a real shame. Thanks very much for the update. Too bad. As I said, I just need one photo and would pay well for it, and I'd never have a reason to publish it anywhere. Very disappointing.