PDA

View Full Version : Photo Match Help - Yankees away uniform

jkalathas
05-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Hello everyone. I recently purchased Johnny Damon's game used away uniform that was worn from April 8th to April 28th of this year when the Yankees finished their second away stand of games (they were on the road for 10 days because of the Pope's visit to Yankee Stadium). The jersey is from Steiner, so I of course I am confident in the jersey, but my question is how do you photo match a Yankees away jersey, with no pinstripes, and no major marks, it seems very hard to do. I would love to be able to find a photo or some kind of proof that would be iron clad that I could display with the jersey. I was able to find about a dozen photos of Johnny during the away stand on US Presswire's website, but have not been able to say for certainty the jerseys are without any question a match. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

mattmueller
05-16-2008, 04:46 PM
It looks like the jersey pics show a stain on the front, which would seem to be pretty easy to find a photo of in some manner, and might be a good picture. From the attached 4/13/08 photo, I might start my search at that game. This was in the 3rd inning, so it was early enough that photos may exist.

http://pro.corbis.com/images/42-19927815.jpg?size=67&uid={71ef834c-6c01-4cc3-a74e-db4a442742a5}