PDA

View Full Version : Vladimir Guerrero 2007 HR derby bat...I dont think so!! PART II (Forgery!!)

gameused
05-14-2008, 02:25 AM
Looks like the guys that sell Vlad game used items on ebay are at it again, they took the so called "most famous" bat of the 2007 home run derby that was sold on ebay a few weeks ago and re-listed the same bat, the only problem is that they added a lot of pine tar, "2007" and a ball mark near the engraved name area to make it look like the same bat Vlad used to win the HR derby.

If you look closely at the autograph it's exactly the same and you can also see the same wood grain that matches up on the original bat. Looks like they went over the "Game Used" with a black sharpie pen.

I e-mailed the ebay buyer and informed him that he was being taken and last I heard from him was that he was working on getting his money back!

Let me know what you guys think and Tony do you know what your committing here, it's called "FRAUD" I looked up the definition on Webster's dictionary for you:

1.deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.

2.a particular instance of such deceit or trickery: mail fraud; election frauds.

3.any deception, trickery, or humbug: That diet book is a fraud and a waste of time.

4.a person who makes deceitful pretenses; sham; poseur.

New ebay listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/VLADIMIR-GUERRERO-GAME-USED-SIGNED-ALL-STAR-GAME-BAT_W0QQitemZ160240436447QQihZ006QQcategoryZ60596Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

First ebay listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/VLADIMIR-GUERRERO-GAME-USED-SIGNED-ALL-STAR-GAME-BAT_W0QQitemZ150238638087QQihZ005QQcategoryZ60596Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Original game used forum thread:
http://www.gameuseduniverse.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=15955

platinum1
05-14-2008, 06:48 AM
Wow The bat is an exact match the grain that goes along the "V" where the 2007 is now and under the word Used is dead on. WHAT A SCAM.
Now we know never to buy a bat from these guys.

nyjetsfan14
05-14-2008, 07:56 AM
What is your theory on where the "2007" went that was written in black sharpie under "Game Used?"

nyjetsfan14
05-14-2008, 07:57 AM
What is your theory on where the "2007" went that was written in black sharpie under "Game Used?"

Or is 2007 written/added to the new bat?

Vintagedeputy
05-14-2008, 09:14 AM
The "game used" is not legit either.

Notice the differences in the G and E's

Jags Fan Dan
05-14-2008, 09:26 AM
The "game used" is not legit either.

Notice the differences in the G and E's
Looks like they went back over it to make it darker.

kylehess10
05-14-2008, 11:35 AM
Here's an easy way to get some extra cash.....the description says "GUARANTEE TO PASS PSA/DNA OR TRIPLE YOUR MONEY BACK". Somebody should buy the bat, send it to PSA/DNA, show them these pictures of proof that not only it wasn't used during the Derby, but also the fact that it has been covered with fake pine tar. Then once you get your rejection letter from PSA/DNA, threaten to sue the seller if he doesn't give you the "triple your money back" and there ya go! You just earned $10,500 for free

platinum1
05-14-2008, 11:46 AM
The seller is also keeping the buyers ID private.

dodgersfan
05-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Tony does a local show down here in the so. cal area,I have done some business with him in the past.
Tony,What is the deal with the bat?
Can you please give us your side of the story?

Rudy

BAT DEALER
05-14-2008, 12:45 PM
Rudy,
I Gave The Old Bat Back About 2 Weeks Ago And Told Them About The Refund I Had To Give. They Called Me And Gave Me This New Bat That I Put It On E-bay And This Baggage Handler At A Hotel In Hawaii Named Bobby Is Realy Bored. He Is Saying That The Grain In The Bat Is The Same Grain Mark In The Old Bat, I Just Don't Understand. This Is The Bat That Vladimir Gave Me, All These Threats That This Bobby Guy Is Saying, He Is Just Waisting His Time. I Am Selling A Bat For The Guerrero Family And What Ever He Is Saying He Is Saying About Them. This Guy Bobby We Told He Would Never Ever Get Another Bat From Us Again, And That Is Why He Is Attacking Us Day After Day. Do You Think I Would Have To Do All That What He Saying When I Can Go Straight To Vladimir And Get Any Bat I Want.
Thanks Rudy

Tony

BAT DEALER
05-14-2008, 12:49 PM
I Am Keeping The Id Private Because Of This Guy Bobby That Will Not Leave Us Alone. He Is Jealous And Has A Mean Spirit. He Is Very Bored And Lives On This Site, I Think He Is Trying To Run For President For Game Used Universe.

BAT DEALER
05-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Looks like they went back over it to make it darker.

YOU KNOW WHAT IS FUNNY VLADIMIR WROTE EVERYTHING YOU SEE ON THAT BAT AND HANDED THE BAT STRAIGHT TO ME. EVERYBODY ELSE OUT THERE THAT THINKS THERE MISTER DETECTIVE, IS MAKING ME LAUGH. YOU GUYS ARE WAISTING YOUR TIME. THIS IS VLADIMIR'S BAT THAT CAME STRAIGHT OUT OF HIS BEDROOM CLOSET.
HAVE A NICE DAY TEAM DETECTIVES.

platinum1
05-14-2008, 12:55 PM
YOU KNOW WHAT IS FUNNY VLADIMIR WROTE EVERYTHING YOU SEE ON THAT BAT AND HANDED THE BAT STRAIGHT TO ME. EVERYBODY ELSE OUT THERE THAT THINKS THERE MISTER DETECTIVE, IS MAKING ME LAUGH. YOU GUYS ARE WAISTING YOUR TIME. THIS IS VLADIMIR'S BAT THAT CAME STRAIGHT OUT OF HIS BEDROOM CLOSET.

Are you saying that the bat you sold earlier is completly different from the one you have for sale now?

BAT DEALER
05-14-2008, 12:56 PM
Tony does a local show down here in the so. cal area,I have done some business with him in the past.
Tony,What is the deal with the bat?
Can you please give us your side of the story?

Rudy

I Gave The Old Bat Back About 2 Weeks Ago And Told Them About The Refund I Had To Give. They Called Me And Gave Me This New Bat That I Put It On E-bay And This Baggage Handler At A Hotel In Hawaii Named Bobby Is Realy Bored. He Is Saying That The Grain In The Bat Is The Same Grain Mark In The Old Bat, I Just Don't Understand. This Is The Bat That Vladimir Gave Me, All These Threats That This Bobby Guy Is Saying, He Is Just Waisting His Time. I Am Selling A Bat For The Guerrero Family And What Ever He Is Saying He Is Saying About Them. This Guy Bobby We Told He Would Never Ever Get Another Bat From Us Again, And That Is Why He Is Attacking Us Day After Day. Do You Think I Would Have To Do All That What He Saying When I Can Go Straight To Vladimir And Get Any Bat I Want.
Thanks Rudy

Tony

kylehess10
05-14-2008, 01:00 PM

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING!!! Do you not see the matches proving that the 2 bats are the same!?? Are you blind or just stupid? Both maybe? You are ridiculous and everything you say does not make a bit of sense. Here's the REAL truth:

- The bat was not used during the Derby
- The bat has been forged with a fake inscription and fake tar not applied by Guerrero
- You are not good at lying
- Lou Lampson can do better at this

BAT DEALER
05-14-2008, 01:01 PM
I AM SAYING THIS, I PICKED UP THIS BAT YESTERDAY FROM THEM AND PUT IT INTO E-BAY. BUT DONT WORRY I HAVE SOMEONE WHO WANT TO BUY THE BAT FROM ME AND I AM WAITING FOR PAYMENT, THEN ALL YOU GUYS WILL HAVE TO FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO PICK ON.
HAVE A NICE DAY:) :p :p :p

BAT DEALER
05-14-2008, 01:05 PM
YOU ARE STUPID THAT IS VLADS WRITING AND HE WILL STAND BY IT 100%, VLADIMIR VS LOU LAMPSON. WHO DO YOU THINK WOULD WIN? ALSO THE BAT IS SOLD AND I AM WAITING FOR PAYMENT, AND YOU CAN NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT BECAUSE I HID THE PRIVATE ID.:p :p :p :p

BAT DEALER
05-14-2008, 01:06 PM
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING!!! Do you not see the matches proving that the 2 bats are the same!?? Are you blind or just stupid? Both maybe? You are ridiculous and everything you say does not make a bit of sense. Here's the REAL truth:

- The bat was not used during the Derby
- The bat has been forged with a fake inscription and fake tar not applied by Guerrero
- You are not good at lying
- Lou Lampson can do better at this

YOU ARE STUPID THAT IS VLADS WRITING AND HE WILL STAND BY IT 100%, VLADIMIR VS LOU LAMPSON. WHO DO YOU THINK WOULD WIN? ALSO THE BAT IS SOLD AND I AM WAITING FOR PAYMENT, AND YOU CAN NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT BECAUSE I HID THE PRIVATE ID.:p :p :p :p

BAT DEALER
05-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Are you saying that the bat you sold earlier is completly different from the one you have for sale now?

I AM SAYING THIS, I PICKED UP THIS BAT YESTERDAY FROM THEM AND PUT IT INTO E-BAY. BUT DONT WORRY I HAVE SOMEONE WHO WANT TO BUY THE BAT FROM ME AND I AM WAITING FOR PAYMENT, THEN ALL YOU GUYS WILL HAVE TO FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO PICK ON.

platinum1
05-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Wait I understand now you didnt do anything wrong but Vlad did. Vlad took the bat back hit a couple of baseballs with the bat gave it back to you and now your selling the bat on Ebay. OH!!!! It makes sense now

yanks12025
05-14-2008, 01:28 PM
I AM WAITING FOR PAYMENT, AND YOU CAN NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT BECAUSE I HID THE PRIVATE ID.:p :p :p :p

Your scamming a person out of his money and to me this sentace does not help. And the smily faces dont help your case alot because to me it sounds like your saying you beat us by selling a fake item. And if you did get these items from Vlad im sure that Vlad would not be happy to know what your doing with his items.

BAT DEALER
05-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Wait I understand now you didnt do anything wrong but Vlad did. Vlad took the bat back hit a couple of baseballs with the bat gave it back to you and now your selling the bat on Ebay. OH!!!! It makes sense now

DO YOU WANT ME TO GO AND GET THE OTHER BAT AND SHOW YOU?

BAT DEALER
05-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Your scamming a person out of his money and to me this sentace does not help. And the smily faces dont help your case alot because to me it sounds like your saying you beat us by selling a fake item. And if you did get these items from Vlad im sure that Vlad would not be happy to know what your doing with his items.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, SELLING THEM?

bigtruck260
05-14-2008, 01:40 PM

I would like to see a side by side photo of both bats in the same place at the same time.

Jags Fan Dan
05-14-2008, 02:53 PM
I would like to see a side by side photo of both bats in the same place at the same time.
And no mirrors involved...

nyjetsfan14
05-14-2008, 04:13 PM
I Am Keeping The Id Private Because Of This Guy Bobby That Will Not Leave Us Alone. He Is Jealous And Has A Mean Spirit. He Is Very Bored And Lives On This Site, I Think He Is Trying To Run For President For Game Used Universe.

LMAO!

platinum1
05-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Yes Please and no PHOTOSHOP .

bubbrubb25
05-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Dont forget added more pine tar and a 2007 inscription!

bubbrubb25
05-14-2008, 05:24 PM
BAT DEALER......do you still have both bats? Or did you "sell" the first one? If you didnt "sell it" take a picture with both bats in it.

lund6771
05-14-2008, 06:54 PM
Yes Please and no PHOTOSHOP .

this guy is a complete loser..ban this idiot and someone should report him to e-bay

nice user name as well....should be "Bat Loser"

AROD313
05-14-2008, 06:54 PM
Looking close at the pictures I don't thing these 2 bats are the same. Look at the 27 under the signature they are different. Also the so called wood grain match is also slightly different. I thing you guys were a little to hasty to put this one down. Thats my thoughts anyway

kylehess10
05-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Looking close at the pictures I don't thing these 2 bats are the same. Look at the 27 under the signature they are different. Also the so called wood grain match is also slightly different. I thing you guys were a little to hasty to put this one down. Thats my thoughts anyway

Could you please explain how the grain is not a match? It looks like the same bat to me in both pictures

PAT HODGINS
05-14-2008, 07:17 PM
Look for identical markings on both bats, they are the same.

Pat Hodgins

AROD313
05-14-2008, 08:11 PM
It is not the same wood grain very close but if you look there is a few very small differences. looke closely with an open mind.

platinum1
05-14-2008, 08:12 PM
The first picture is the original the 2nd picture is the NEW and IMPROVED bat.
Besides the new marks is the exact bat;)
file:///C:/Users/Edgar/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg

AROD313
05-14-2008, 08:15 PM
If you look at the less used bat it has a point at the top of the wood grain that goes all the way into the game used inscription. Also near the other end of that point there is a little hump that is not on the other bat. Also the pictures you posted the markings don't even look the same. You could find the same markings on any vlad game used bat. I still think they are 2 different bat's and I know I'm in the minority.

platinum1
05-14-2008, 08:18 PM
If you look at the less used bat it has a point at the top of the wood grain that goes all the way into the game used inscription. Also near the other end of that point there is a little hump that is not on the other bat. Also the pictures you posted the markings don't even look the same. You could find the same markings on any vlad game used bat. I still think they are 2 different bat's and I know I'm in the minority.
I hope you are not for real the Bats are the same ones, Give me one second I can circles all the dead give aways

AROD313
05-14-2008, 08:23 PM
I hope you are not for real the Bats are the same ones, Give me one second I can circles all the dead give aways

Marks aside
Put both wood grains closer together side by side and let's see the difference!

platinum1
05-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Marks aside
Put both wood grains closer together side by side and let's see the difference!
There's no difference. If you look at the grains on the right side where the black marks are at you can easily tell is the same bat. Then look at the black marks on the right side they are the EXACT ones. Count all the black marks and then look at each size of the black marks is the same bat.

AROD313
05-14-2008, 08:37 PM
There's no difference. If you look at the grains on the right side where the black marks are at you can easily tell is the same bat. Then look at the black marks on the right side they are the EXACT ones. Count all the black marks and then look at each size of the black marks is the same bat.

Ok, Maybe It's the same bat!

lund6771
05-14-2008, 09:22 PM

Bat Loser...where are your pictures?

frikativ54
05-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Bat Loser...where are your pictures?

He's buying PhotoShop right now. :p

dodgersfan
05-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Tony,I will be at Frank & Sons this Saturday 5/17.
Why dont you take both bats with you and I will take my camera and we can settle this once and for all.
What do you think?

Rudy

frikativ54
05-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Tony,I will be at Frank & Sons this Saturday 5/17.
Why dont you take both bats with you and I will take my camera and we can settle this once and for all.
What do you think?

Rudy

Great idea! Let me know how it goes. I'm sure you'll see two separate bats. :rolleyes:

dodgersfan
05-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Tony,Here is your chance to clear your name!
Will you be there this Saturday?

Rudy

Great idea! Let me know how it goes. I'm sure you'll see two separate bats. :rolleyes:

frikativ54
05-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Tony,Here is your chance to clear your name!
Will you be there this Saturday?

Rudy

Tony: <emails the Guerrero family to get another bat...IT's AN URGENT MATTER>. :p

lund6771
05-15-2008, 08:18 PM
oh where oh where has Bat Loser gone....oh where oh where can he be?

frikativ54
05-15-2008, 11:24 PM
oh where oh where has Bat Loser gone....oh where oh where can he be?

He's doing just that, losing his old Vladi bat, so he only has one to show on Saturday. :D

Trust me, the house is going to burn down or the wife will use it as a hammer.

Oh, no - he had it set against a table on the back porch, when look who came down a tree and devoured it. He was hungry, too:

http://images.kodakgallery.com/servlet/Images/-1009859431/photos1499/1/81/31/32/32/2/232323181107_0_BG.jpg

Look, Mr. Squirrel gnawed it down, so only the knob appears. I hope he liked the pine tar:

http://images.kodakgallery.com/servlet/Images/-758098928/photos2009/1/32/92/44/49/7/749449232107_0_BG.jpg

Oh, bat dealer, where are you?

dodgersfan
05-16-2008, 08:57 AM
I dont want you to think Iam doing this to be a jerk Tony.
If you have both bats it will make you look real good and confirm your story,Will you be there tomorrow?
If we dont hear back from you then I guess we would all get the point.

Rudy

kylehess10
05-16-2008, 01:51 PM
I dont want you to think Iam doing this to be a jerk Tony.
If you have both bats it will make you look real good and confirm your story,Will you be there tomorrow?
If we dont hear back from you then I guess we would all get the point.

Rudy

The point was already gotten.

azdownpour
07-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Hi everyone,

I've been holding off posting because I wanted to get the issue resolved. However, it may never be. So I figured you should heard from the guy who (almost) bought the bat.

Thanks for people from this forum for alerting me to the problems with the bat. Seriously, without a couple of emails from you folks, I'd be sitting here with a bat of dubious origins and be out $3000. Yes, that's what I paid for it via Paypal.

I never received the bat because of the "controversy" and Tony and Kristen agreed to a refund. At first, it was "give us a couple of weeks" to make good....then a month....then, well, I just figured I wasn't going to get my money back that way. So I filed a dispute with my credit card and Paypal, which is currently being processed.

NOTE: They did refund $700 of the $3000. And I believe their intentions were to make a total refund, but I needed to protect myself and it had been nearly 60 days since the refund was agreed to. I sense that Tony and Kristen were caught in the middle of something, too.

You all know the "Moral of the Story." Even with dealers you may trust, you need to do your homework. I didn't do mine, got excited about owning the Vlady bat from the HR derby and ended up in the middle of a mess I don't need.

For me, I won't be buying any "game used bats" for awhile. Thanks again for the help from people on this forum.

jakewilliams
07-28-2008, 01:26 PM
Tony Alonzo is the owner of True Collectors.

He recently lost a case on People's Court for selling a fake "game used" Derek Jeter bat.

Please see the link below under the topic "Exposing the Forgers":
http://www.thecollectorslot.com/autograph-authenticity-i-45.html

It specifically says that the following:
Be forewarned of these alleged forgers. Do not buy from any listings that refer to examinations or certificates of authenticity from these companies: "SCAA", "J. Dimaggio Co.", "Universal Inc.", "Universal Memorabilia", "Sports Management Group", "Stan's Sports", "Pro Sports or Pro Sports Memorabilia", "Dave Niedema a.k.a. Dave Madiema", "Steve Ryan", "North Shore Sports", "Hollywood Dreams", "Autographs-Etc (Steve Gaddis owner)", "Infinite Visions", "True Collectors (owned by Tony Alonzo)".

gameused
07-28-2008, 10:03 PM

He recently lost a case on People's Court for selling a fake "game used" Derek Jeter bat.

Be forewarned of these alleged forgers. Do not buy from any listings that refer to examinations or certificates of authenticity from these companies: "SCAA", "J. Dimaggio Co.", "Universal Inc.", "Universal Memorabilia", "Sports Management Group", "Stan's Sports", "Pro Sports or Pro Sports Memorabilia", "Dave Niedema a.k.a. Dave Madiema", "Steve Ryan", "North Shore Sports", "Hollywood Dreams", "Autographs-Etc (Steve Gaddis owner)", "Infinite Visions", "True Collectors (owned by Tony Alonzo)".

Heres Tony's website: http://www.truecollectors.com/

I guess the word is getting around about this seller as his Vlad bat auctions have not been going for as much as they were in the past on ebay. Good job TONY!!!

Hey Tony, why dont you man up and pay back the money you owe on that bogus Vlad HR derby bat you sold to forum member azdownpour?

Bobby

bigtruck260
07-29-2008, 12:10 AM
"Dave Niedema a.k.a. Dave Madiema", "Steve Ryan", "North Shore Sports", "Hollywood Dreams", "Autographs-Etc (Steve Gaddis owner)", "Infinite Visions", "True Collectors (owned by Tony Alonzo)".

This is not Dave from MEARS, I presume. The spelling is off...

cheese
07-29-2008, 02:01 AM
So far we have heard that UACC has discredited you, You were on Peoples Court for selling a fake Derek Jeter Bat and not refunding the purchasers money, what else is in your closet. Anybody can have a picture taken with a player, that doesn't mean anything. I have had at least 20 pictures taken with players, but I don't need them to sell my merchandise. It is my integrity and reputation that sells it. In better words, my track record sells my product and yours doesn't look to good right now.

jakewilliams
07-29-2008, 09:56 AM
At one point Tony Alonzo was selling fake autographed items and gave out certificates of authenticity stating that the items were from UACC (Universal Autograph Collectors Club). UACC filed suit against Tony Alonzo and True Collectors and forced him to cease and desist.

His Yahoo Auctions account was shut down for fraud.

TNTtoys
07-29-2008, 09:59 AM
This is not Dave from MEARS, I presume. The spelling is off...

Dave from MEARS is a highly reputable, knowledge collector and authenticator. His expertise is jerseys, not autographs. I would highly doubt that there is any relation to the Dave that has been mentioned in this article.

vladdriver
07-29-2008, 10:14 AM
I know of many instances when Tony Alonzo from True Collectors would take a perfectly new bat and put ball marks and add pine tar to make the bat look game used. I told him that this was unethical but he ignored my warnings stating that he needed to earn a living.

He had a Yahoo auctions account at one point. Yahoo shut the account down due to bogus memorabilia.

By the way, he also sells Muhammad Ali autopenned items.

jakewilliams
07-29-2008, 12:36 PM
I hate to prolong the issue but the more I research Tony Alonzo and True Collectors the more I find.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050216175957/www.uacc.org/bulletin4.htm

ANOTHER WARNING!!!
The UACC also wants to warn collectors of an Ebay seller that claims that all of their autographs come from the UACC. They are doing business under the Ebay name of TCMEM We were alerted to his practice when a member emailed us this information - "I recently purchased an autograph on eBay from a dealer called
TCMEM or True Collectors owned by Tony Alonzo. This item has recently been deemed a forgery. I recently noticed that they are advertising their autographs as being "purchased from the UACC". We can't stress enough - THE UACC DOESN'T SELL AUTOGRAPHS, OTHER THAN A FEW ON OUR WEBSITE THAT WERE OBTAINED FROM CELEBRITIES THAT ATTENDED OUR VARIOUS SHOWS. This matter has been turned over to our attorneys.

vladdriver
07-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Quote from jakewilliams:

I hate to prolong the issue but the more I research Tony Alonzo and True Collectors the more I find.

Here's my view: more info. about scammers is better than less

It's kind of like Wal-Mart, the more you find, the more you save!!!! In this case, you're saving yourself from being ripped off by Ulysses Tony Alonzo from True Collectors!!!!!

gameused
07-29-2008, 01:38 PM
I know of many instances when Tony Alonzo from True Collectors would take a perfectly new bat and put ball marks and add pine tar to make the bat look game used. I told him that this was unethical but he ignored my warnings stating that he needed to earn a living.

He had a Yahoo auctions account at one point. Yahoo shut the account down due to bogus memorabilia.

By the way, he also sells Muhammad Ali autopenned items.

vladdriver,

Did you personally witness Tony altering bats?

Bobby

vladdriver
07-29-2008, 03:56 PM
I did not see him altering the bats in person. But I did see cases where the bat would look almost new one day and filled with ball marks and pine tar the next day.

I'm also aware of many instances where customers at the Frank and Sons Collectibles Show would get into fights and arguments with him over the fake merchandise. Tony would swear one day that the bat was game used when he was trying to sell the bats and deny ever having seen the bats the next day when the customers found that they were fake and wanted a refund.

I would remind him to be honest in his dealings from time to time. However, he was too greedy to listen.

Just look at Tony's postings; he is accusing Vlad of selling fake bats. Just ask yourself why someone who makes as much money as Vlad would need to sell fake game used bats. It makes no sense at all. I can assure you that Vlad is not hurting for money. Vlad makes millions more than Tony could ever dream of and has a million times more talent. Vlad makes an honest living. He does not need to sell Vicotin to survive.

bigtruck260
07-29-2008, 05:19 PM
He does not need to sell Vicotin to survive.

Oh Boy. I have a feeling we are going to find out more than we ever wanted to know.

lund6771
07-29-2008, 09:14 PM
so is Bat Loser ever going to respond?...

I'm sure not...what a puss

jakewilliams
07-30-2008, 09:49 AM
bat loser has no time to respond ... he's busy responding to customer complaints and adding ball marks to Vlad bats

davetiki
07-31-2008, 02:03 AM
Vladriver, what is your connection to to Tony and Vladi. I may have missed that as I have been monitoring this situation from a far. I own a lot of Vladi bats and your comments scare the heck out of me.

Dave

www.bigdaddyvladi.com

OaklandAsFan
07-31-2008, 08:23 PM

wait I think I saw that one. Is that where he was all excited after losing because he now had a bat that was signed by Jeter with proof that it was real?

jakewilliams
08-01-2008, 10:14 PM
OaklandAsFan,

that's the corrrect episode!

By the way, if you are interested, Tony can sell you his game used shirt and pants from his People's Court appearance (including skid marks free without any additional charge). I can even have him inscribe the shirt to you for an extra $20 fee.

Someday, Tony will be able to provide game used pinstriped prison clothing to all of his fans. Tony himself will be game used by Bubba when he picks up the bar of soap!!!!

orioles03
08-01-2008, 10:40 PM
heres a link i found about the jeter bat not that long but it is something else!
http://www.sportsgraphing.com/sports-news-discussion/36291-peoples-court-who-bat-expert.html

azdownpour
08-05-2008, 02:38 PM
After filing the dispute with my credit card company and Paypal, we were eventually awarded the remaining $2300.....from Paypal. So at least we're not out that money anymore.

And once again, thanks to the members of this forum for alerting me to this problem bat early on.

I'm still not buying game used bats for awhile.

Hi everyone,

I've been holding off posting because I wanted to get the issue resolved. However, it may never be. So I figured you should heard from the guy who (almost) bought the bat.

Thanks for people from this forum for alerting me to the problems with the bat. Seriously, without a couple of emails from you folks, I'd be sitting here with a bat of dubious origins and be out $3000. Yes, that's what I paid for it via Paypal.

I never received the bat because of the "controversy" and Tony and Kristen agreed to a refund. At first, it was "give us a couple of weeks" to make good....then a month....then, well, I just figured I wasn't going to get my money back that way. So I filed a dispute with my credit card and Paypal, which is currently being processed.

NOTE: They did refund $700 of the $3000. And I believe their intentions were to make a total refund, but I needed to protect myself and it had been nearly 60 days since the refund was agreed to. I sense that Tony and Kristen were caught in the middle of something, too.

You all know the "Moral of the Story." Even with dealers you may trust, you need to do your homework. I didn't do mine, got excited about owning the Vlady bat from the HR derby and ended up in the middle of a mess I don't need.

For me, I won't be buying any "game used bats" for awhile. Thanks again for the help from people on this forum.

kylehess10
08-05-2008, 08:43 PM
After filing the dispute with my credit card company and Paypal, we were eventually awarded the remaining $2300.....from Paypal. So at least we're not out that money anymore.

And once again, thanks to the members of this forum for alerting me to this problem bat early on.

I'm still not buying game used bats for awhile.

That's what this site is for! Collectors helping collectors; it's the best part of this hobby. But you shouldn't let one mistake bring you down in buying more bats in the future; just buy at the right place (like directly from MLB or Steiner or some place like that)

gameused
05-24-2009, 06:45 PM
Forged Vladimir Guerrero 2007 HR derby bat back on the market again!

They removed the inscription on the bat. Originally sold by Tony, ebay seller ID: q3clippers

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350160737385&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

gameused
05-30-2009, 11:10 AM
I emailed the ebay seller and attached the links to this thread, he must have read it and ended the auction early.