PDA

View Full Version : Mecklenburg - Great Experience!!

Jake51
05-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Hi,

Had a great experience I wanted to share. I was able to rumage around Karl Mecklenburg's basement as he and I dug this stuff out of boxes. He has graciously allowed Patrick Scoggin and I to borrow it so we can display it at the upcoming Broncos Fan Fair.

Enjoy!

Tom

Neely8
05-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Sounds like fun. Has that stuff been authenticated?? ;)

Jake51
05-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Oh no! I forgot to get an LOA! :rolleyes:

dcgreg25
05-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Tom, those are some great looking pics and some amazing jerseys and helmets! Thanks for sharing.

Eric
05-15-2008, 02:20 PM
This is a cool story. Any chance we can do 5 game used questions for Karl Mecklenburg? We haven't done one of those in a while.
Eric

Jags Fan Dan
05-15-2008, 02:45 PM
This is a cool story. Any chance we can do 5 game used questions for Karl Mecklenburg? We haven't done one of those in a while.
Eric
That would be cool. Those were always interesting.

DrJ
05-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Could we remove this thread from the forum? (just kidding) I 've been salivating too much when I see that awesome throwback Broncos helmet from 1994!!! :D I would love one of those...

EndzoneSports
06-04-2008, 05:49 AM
Eric

Eric:

I'd be happy to try to facilitate as I will likely be the one returning these "loaner" items to Karl sometime after the event. If you'd like, post a separate thread soliciting potential questions then I can take the top five and pose these to Meck and will post his answers. I've got contacts with many other Broncos alumni, but was hesitant to offer as I didn't want this Q&A theme to become to heavily weighted toward one team.

P.S. It's been sooo long and my memory is sooo bad... If you would, please e-mail me privately and remind me of how to go about editing my signature for this forum

Best regards,

grandpahoo
06-04-2008, 10:17 AM
as I didn't want this Q&A theme to become to heavily weighted toward one team.

I'm not a Broncos fan, but I personally find the "5 questions" interesting regardless of what player or team is featured. I say bring 'em on.

Jake51
06-04-2008, 03:58 PM
DrJ - I'm partial to the original from '62.;)

Mecklenburg did share a story as to why that throwback helmet has a visor - he said he was pass rushing and a left tackle accidentially stuck his pinkie finger in Meck's eye - up to the second knuckle!!

Takes a rare breed of toughness to play at that level!