PDA

View Full Version : Check Out Ebay#2002223976065- 3 JERSEYS

HENMICK44
05-13-2008, 08:12 PM
What Do You Guys Think? I Might Bid On It.three Gamers Pretty Cheap.

34swtns
05-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Not a good number.

Spiezio23
05-14-2008, 12:15 PM
There is an extra 2 in there go here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200223976065

HENMICK44
05-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Sorry About The Extra 2.

hblakewolf
05-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Mcgwire Cards jersey "spring training"? If indeed it's a team issued, it's the first time I've ever seen single colored white letters/#'s on a pre-game, regaular season or spring.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

suave1477
05-14-2008, 01:59 PM
What exactly is your question about this lot?

It seems like a fair price for all 3.

suave1477
05-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Howard I don't think it a game issued esepcially since the seller has not implyed that.
They just refer to it as not having any game use. Since they say they are going to throw the McGwire Jersey in for free, I think it is pretty safe to assume it is a retail jersey.

Spiezio23
05-14-2008, 05:06 PM
I've read the description and re-read it. I still never got any impression that the McGwire was a Team Issued jersey. All 3 of the others state Game Used and Team Stamped or COA and the McGwire mentions neither.

HENMICK44
05-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Seller Emailed Me The Mcgwire Jersey Is Just A Retail Jersey Not Game Issued Or Game Used, But Pretty Nice Though.

hblakewolf
05-14-2008, 07:01 PM
I've read the description and re-read it. I still never got any impression that the McGwire was a Team Issued jersey. All 3 of the others state Game Used and Team Stamped or COA and the McGwire mentions neither.

Seller notes the following in the description, "ALL JERSEYS ARE IN GREAT SHAPE.BID NOW AND I'LL THROW IN A MARK MCGWIRE 1998 ST CARDINALS SPRING TRAINING JERSEY,JERSEY WAS NEVER WORN AND IS IN MT CONDITION"

Clearly listed as a SPRING TRAINING JERSEY.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

suave1477
05-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Howard but that doesn't mean anything.

Yankees sell in there team shop Spring Training retail jerseys.

He is just describing it as not being a Regular Season jersey. That in not any kind of form is implicating it being game used or issued.

intheminors
05-15-2008, 06:51 AM
I agree with suave... the only way you would read that to be a game-worn spring training jersey is simply to be argumentative.

Swoboda4
05-21-2008, 10:11 PM
This seller has now re-listed for $49 less on both starting bid and buy it now under Ebay# 200225777295. Whats the lowest anyone has seen a seller go from the original starting price?

HENMICK44
05-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Looks Pretty Good.i Have Seen Sellers Come Down In Price A Few Times When Relisting An Item. It Most Likely Will Sell Now.three Jerseys For That Price Sounds Pretty Good.i Bought Something From That Seller Before, Forgot What But It Was A Good Transaction.

jppopma
05-27-2008, 12:15 AM
Enough with the hype Henmick! I am not normally one to call anyone out on here, but its obvious that you are the one selling these jerseys.

Let's let everyone get back to what this forum is about and not try to pull that stuff on here.

HENMICK44
05-27-2008, 05:40 PM
Hey Jppopma We Remark On Many Items That Are For Sale On Ebay. I'm Not Selling This Item.when You Have More Then 13 Post Get Back To Me Pal.

jppopma
05-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Hey Jppopma We Remark On Many Items That Are For Sale On Ebay. I'm Not Selling This Item.when You Have More Then 13 Post Get Back To Me Pal.

Henmick, I have been doing this for a long time. The only reason I only have 13 posts is because I chose to not reply to anything and everything.

As for you selling these items, I came to that by the tone of your messages and have now CONFIRMED that by your other postings on this same site. You have offered the same jerseys for trade in the Items Wanted section.

3/30: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=15318
4/14: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=15841

If by chance you traded the items and are looking to help the other person out, my original reply still hold true telling you to ease up on the hype. If other members created post each time they were selling some jerseys, this good forum we have would be a major pain to wade through to read some good new and thoughts. You seriously owe some of the guys who were nice enough to give honest replies some big apologies.

platinum1
05-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Lmao Busted!!!!!

hblakewolf
05-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Lmao Busted!!!!!

As noted in a prior post for this thread, this is his response to the McGwire jersey that we now learn HE IS SELLING:

HENMICK44 (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/member.php?u=2854) http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_83721", true);

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/icons/icon1.gif Re: Check Out Ebay#2002223976065- 3 JERSEYS
Seller Emailed Me The Mcgwire Jersey Is Just A Retail Jersey Not Game Issued Or Game Used, But Pretty Nice Though.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

bubbrubb25
05-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Just wondering, why would you lie about you not being the seller of the jerseys?

platinum1
05-27-2008, 07:53 PM
Just wondering, why would you lie about you not being the seller of the jerseys?
That might just be the last time we hear from him:rolleyes: . I just think he didn't want to get in trouble.

mdube16
05-27-2008, 08:25 PM

Looks Pretty Good.i Have Seen Sellers Come Down In Price A Few Times When Relisting An Item. It Most Likely Will Sell Now.three Jerseys For That Price Sounds Pretty Good.i Bought Something From That Seller Before, Forgot What But It Was A Good Transaction.

Good stuff!!

frikativ54
05-28-2008, 06:19 PM

If you were not the seller of these, then why post a thread about an item you might buy. If there were an item that I was that interested in, the fewer people that knew about it, the better. Also, it is interesting that Villone was spelled incorrectly both in your For Trade notice and in "someone else's" listing. What is the explanation for that?

HENMICK44
05-28-2008, 07:43 PM
You Can't Blame A Guy For Advertising Something.you Guys Remind Me Of The Old Saturday Night Live Skit With William Shatner At The Trekkie Convention And Some Clown Asking About Kirks Locker Combination. "have You Guys Ever Kissed A Girl" ? Sorry Guys Had To Give It A Shot,by The Way The Jerseys Are Still For Sale And The Price Has Been Lowered.still A Great Bunch Of Jerseys. Thanks For The Feedback.

ndevlin
05-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Yikes!!! Amazing!!

platinum1
05-28-2008, 10:53 PM
You Can't Blame A Guy For Advertising Something.you Guys Remind Me Of The Old Saturday Night Live Skit With William Shatner At The Trekkie Convention And Some Clown Asking About Kirks Locker Combination. "have You Guys Ever Kissed A Girl" ? Sorry Guys Had To Give It A Shot,by The Way The Jerseys Are Still For Sale And The Price Has Been Lowered.still A Great Bunch Of Jerseys. Thanks For The Feedback.
Why would you lie about it? I personally wouldnt want to deal with you after trying to pull something like that.

frikativ54
05-29-2008, 01:08 AM
Thanks for admitting it. Good thing he came clean - he's better than Roger.

HENMICK44
05-29-2008, 01:18 AM
Hey Platinum1 Lighten Up! Its Just Business Nothing Personal.

HENMICK44
05-29-2008, 01:21 AM
I'm Also Looking To Sell A Bobby Jenks Home World Series Jersey With Sox Coa But I Guess Your Not Interested Platinum1. Oh Well.

platinum1
05-29-2008, 09:17 AM
I'm Also Looking To Sell A Bobby Jenks Home World Series Jersey With Sox Coa But I Guess Your Not Interested Platinum1. Oh Well.
Honestly I would rather pass on it then to buy it from you.

shoremen44
05-29-2008, 09:45 AM
Sorry, Henmick44... but I have to agree with platinum on this one... Why do you have to blatantly lie? Isnt the whole point of this forum to better educate all of us on game used memorablia, and for collectors to share their collection?

Since being on here I have learned alot about what to look for and more importantly have made several good connections and friends.

It seems that all you are on here to do is make a buck... and while I have made money off buying and selling pieces, as most everyone has, I have always been honest about what I have.

By you lying, you are simply showing the worst of what is out there.

Jags Fan Dan
05-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Yeah, I don't so much care that you were pimping your item, but the string of lies that followed is a bit disturbing.

ndevlin
05-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Shyeah, it was all pretty evil. I think you broke one of the collector rules---- honesty! You have to admit, it was a pretty childish act.

Ozric
05-29-2008, 11:32 AM

This is my favorite part of this thread. Yeah I did it and oh, by the way, I'm selling this as well. Nice touch...

bigtruck260
05-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Mods - maybe it's time to lock/delete this thread. It has been pointless, other than to allow someone to dig himself into a nearly unrecoverable hole.

frikativ54
05-29-2008, 01:46 PM
Mods - maybe it's time to lock/delete this thread. It has been pointless, other than to allow someone to dig himself into a nearly unrecoverable hole.

I think the thread should continue as it has. The whole point of GUU is to find out the facts about people. And as we learn more about the guy's honesty - or lack thereof - we are better prepared to choose to buy or not from this guy. This is very valuable.

bigtruck260
05-29-2008, 01:53 PM
I think the thread should continue as it has. The whole point of GUU is to find out the facts about people. And as we learn more about the guy's honesty - or lack thereof - we are better prepared to choose to buy or not from this guy. This is very valuable.

I understand that Frik, but the point has been made that he was the original poster, he lied, he broke rules - and has now been tagged as someone less than truthful. No real sense in parading him around...

All it is doing (and now I am guilty of it 2 times) is continuing to bump his self-created thread to the top, where his eBay link remains.

Hurling insults at someone just muddies the waters at GUU. He knows what he did.

HENMICK44
05-29-2008, 02:13 PM
:confused: YOU GUYS SOUND LIKE MY TWO YEAR OLD. I DIDN'T LIE ABOUT WHAT I'M SELLING,ALL I DID WAS TEST THIS WEBSITE TO SEE IF ADVERTISING ON HERE WILL HELP ME SELL ON EBAY SINCE THIS SITE DOESN'T HAVE THE FOR SALE OPTION POST ANYMORE.SOME PEOPLE HAVE WAY TO MUCH TIME ON THEIR HANDS."HE'S JUST TRYING TO MAKE A BUCK" YOUR DAMM RIGHT PAL. I GUESS THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN THOUGH, IF 25 PEOPLE WRITE IN A THREAD AND TELL ME TO NOT POST HERE ANYMORE I WILL LEAVE WITH MY DIGNITY INTACTED:D

both-teams-played-hard
05-29-2008, 02:45 PM
I GUESS THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN THOUGH, IF 25 PEOPLE WRITE IN A THREAD AND TELL ME TO NOT POST HERE ANYMORE I WILL LEAVE WITH MY DIGNITY INTACTED

Seacrest..out

bubbrubb25
05-29-2008, 02:49 PM
:confused: YOU GUYS SOUND LIKE MY TWO YEAR OLD. I DIDN'T LIE ABOUT WHAT I'M SELLING,ALL I DID WAS TEST THIS WEBSITE TO SEE IF ADVERTISING ON HERE WILL HELP ME SELL ON EBAY SINCE THIS SITE DOESN'T HAVE THE FOR SALE OPTION POST ANYMORE.SOME PEOPLE HAVE WAY TO MUCH TIME ON THEIR HANDS."HE'S JUST TRYING TO MAKE A BUCK" YOUR DAMM RIGHT PAL. I GUESS THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN THOUGH, IF 25 PEOPLE WRITE IN A THREAD AND TELL ME TO NOT POST HERE ANYMORE I WILL LEAVE WITH MY DIGNITY INTACTED:D

Well if you were testing us "LOL!!!!!" why when we said you were the one selling it your totally denied it? Why right then and there didnt you say I was just "testing?" yous? You waited till we had solid proof, to say oh I was just testing the site? :rolleyes:

R. C. Walker
05-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Wow. This thread has become real informative a educating. :rolleyes:

bigtruck260
05-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Which is why I suggested to have it locked.

platinum1
05-29-2008, 03:31 PM
I understand that Frik, but the point has been made that he was the original poster, he lied, he broke rules - and has now been tagged as someone less than truthful. No real sense in parading him around...

All it is doing (and now I am guilty of it 2 times) is continuing to bump his self-created thread to the top, where his eBay link remains.

Hurling insults at someone just muddies the waters at GUU. He knows what he did.
Maybe it should be locked but dont delete it. Other buyers or sellers should be able to one day go back and read about what this guy try to pull off.

bigtruck260
05-29-2008, 04:10 PM
Maybe it should be locked but dont delete it. Other buyers or sellers should be able to one day go back and read about what this guy try to pull off.

Right.

Swoboda4
05-29-2008, 09:03 PM
I had responded earlier to this thread (#13) before it became this 1,900 viewed "car accident". I noticed that he relisted for $49 less and wondered what was the lowest anyone had ever seen a seller finally settle for. Well no one answered that but I later contacted Henmick through ebay. I identified myself and asked him what's up. What's up is he is 17 years old and he made a mistake. He boxed himself into a corner and he didn't help the situation by being combative. I asked him to be apologetic and whether he succeeds to everyone satisfaction is up for debate. I got that he is an avid game use collector and what he got from me is that he needs us more than we need him. We'll see.

allstarsplus
05-29-2008, 10:38 PM
What's up is he is 17 years old and he made a mistake.

I read the train wreck and didn't want to add to the circus, but I am wondering about your quote above that he is 17 years old.

:confused: YOU GUYS SOUND LIKE MY TWO YEAR OLD.

Based on Henmick saying a previous "poster" sounds like his 2 year old means he fathered the child at 15 and now I am really scratching my head......conceived when he was 14......

Something ain't adding up here in my calculator......sure it is possible but call me skeptical but I ain't buying this either!

jppopma
05-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Hopefully Henmick will apologize. Business is business, but honesty and sincerity are very important parts of running any business. Especially in a hobby/business like this where many purchases are made based only on the word and reputation of the seller. There are alot of good guys in this forum that you could learn that from.

True Henmick didn't lie about the jerseys, but ownership has been a hot topic for a while with many auction houses. It's best to be open and honest in all aspects of the item, acquisition, ownership, etc. You never know what one little thing may make or break that sale.

Maybe this will be a good lesson learned by him and others who may consider compromising their ethics.

HENMICK44
05-29-2008, 11:45 PM
:mad: HEY JJPOPMA START A NEW THREAD ALREADY,THIS IS GETTING OLD.TOLD YOU GUYS ALREADY I WAS ADVERTISING HERE TO SELL SOMETHING ON EBAY BECAUSE THE ITEMS FOR SALE POST IS NO LONGER PERMITTED.AND STOP WITH "HE WAS LYING" CRAP, I STAND BY EVERYTHING I SELL AND HAVE DONE ALOT OF BUSINESS ON THIS WEBSITE AND THE OTHER AND HAVE NO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FROM ANYTHING I SELL OR BUY.I MIGHT HAVE LIED ABOUT THE FACT I WAS THE ACTUAL SELLER BUT IT WAS JUST A RUSE TO SEE IF ALOT OF PEOPLE ON EBAY ARE ALSO ON HERE AND THATS IT.SO IN CLOSING IF I PISSED ANYONE OFF HERE I'M AM SORRY BUT IN THE END IT WAS JUST AN EXPERIMENT AND GOOD ADVERTISING BECAUSE LOOK AT ALL OF YOU HERE THAT HAVE ADDED FEEDBACK.:rolleyes:

frikativ54
05-29-2008, 11:45 PM
Hopefully Henmick will apologize. Business is business, but honesty and sincerity are very important parts of running any business....Maybe this will be a good lesson learned by him and others who may consider compromising their ethics.

I think that Henmick already apologized. The problem is his subsequent emails that avoid responsibility and say "Well, anyone would do that." In time, hopefully he'll learn that there is nothing wrong with admitting that you made a mistake. Heck, I've seen other people on this board mentioning things that they were selling and being up front and honest about it. Next time, he should just say what he is selling, give people a link, and that will be that. No need for any drama or anything.

frikativ54
05-29-2008, 11:51 PM
:mad: HEY JJPOPMA START A NEW THREAD ALREADY,THIS IS GETTING OLD.TOLD YOU GUYS ALREADY I WAS ADVERTISING HERE TO SELL SOMETHING ON EBAY BECAUSE THE ITEMS FOR SALE POST IS NO LONGER PERMITTED.AND STOP WITH "HE WAS LYING" CRAP, I STAND BY EVERYTHING I SELL AND HAVE DONE ALOT OF BUSINESS ON THIS WEBSITE AND THE OTHER AND HAVE NO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FROM ANYTHING I SELL OR BUY.I MIGHT HAVE LIED ABOUT THE FACT I WAS THE ACTUAL SELLER BUT IT WAS JUST A RUSE TO SEE IF ALOT OF PEOPLE ON EBAY ARE ALSO ON HERE AND THATS IT.SO IN CLOSING IF I PISSED ANYONE OFF HERE I'M AM SORRY BUT IN THE END IT WAS JUST AN EXPERIMENT AND GOOD ADVERTISING BECAUSE LOOK AT ALL OF YOU HERE THAT HAVE ADDED FEEDBACK.:rolleyes:

He must have responded while I was composing what I just wrote. All you need to do is be honest. If you had a question about an item you were selling or if you wanted to share it with us, just say that. Why not just say that you are selling some stuff? There is no reason to be angry and write in all caps.

All anybody is asking for you to do is just be honest. No experiment needed. Most of the people on this board are nice guys. And they will tell you what they are selling. Honesty is the best policy.

Good luck selling your items. I hope you get a lot of bids.

-Frik

HENMICK44
05-29-2008, 11:55 PM
Thank You Frik. Its Good To See Some People Are Forgiving. Sorry Again. Please Lets Move On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

frikativ54
05-29-2008, 11:56 PM
Thank You Frik. Its Good To See Some People Are Forgiving. Sorry Again. Please Lets Move On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Don't worry about it. I have done much worse things in my life...this thread should be locked.

loumud
05-30-2008, 02:48 AM
Don't worry about it. I have done much worse things in my life...this thread should be locked.

Agreed, Frik. Let's move on from this. But, for the record, HENMICK44, you're deceitful tactic that you tried to employ to sell your jerseys is against the ethics of the members of this website! This website is for honest game used collectors to help each other out in our pursuit of building our collections and doing legitimate business. Shame on you!! :mad:

HENMICK44
05-30-2008, 10:50 AM
Ok Loumud Give It A Rest.

chakes89
05-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Ron Villone

not

RON VALONE

It says right there on the jersey you have pics of

bubbrubb25
05-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Ron Villone

not

RON VALONE

It says right there on the jersey you have pics of
Previously established.

loumud
05-30-2008, 03:02 PM
Ok Loumud Give It A Rest.

How about, NO!!

Swoboda4
06-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Enough. What?,3,000 posts and we all get a free trip to Atlantic City?
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:HBstqB0s7VLAzM:http://videodetective.com/photos/022/000939_45.jpg (http://videodetective.com/photos/022/000939_45.jpg)
"I want to talk about the China Blossom Motel"
"I'm no longer interested in the squalid place of asignation."