PDA

View Full Version : PCM Sports Goevany Soto GU Bat

bigtruck260
05-12-2008, 11:29 AM
OK -

So I was looking into this for a client in Chicago...something to give as a gift for being such a good customer. I have not dealt with these folks before, and I guess I just expect too much.

Here is the item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150246455184

The bat looks BRAND NEW - even the knob info looks like it was inscribed at the signing.

I asked the seller once about the Use..."are there ball marks, tar, etc."? His repsonse...

Very Little Use

OK - so, I wanted more info - so I included the word SPECIFICALLY. Does the bat have ANY signs of use...ball marks, tar, etc.
His repsonse...

Not much

The bat is inscribed that it is GU too...

Has anyone dealt with PCM recently, and what have your reults been. I am probably going to pass since this seller is obviously trying to be a vague as possible in his description. It is still a nice signed bat - regards of use, it would make a nice gift...and under normal circumstances, I would have bought it using the company credit card.

An example of how a seller can lose a sale by not being upfront and detailed in an item description.

AWA85
05-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Dave, I have to agree with you the bat looks like has never seen the field.

jlew22
05-12-2008, 11:59 PM
I have tried buying from PCM Sports before, and they are not the easiest people to make deals with. I have also experienced the very short responses similar to the ones they gave you. I was interested in purchasing a Ryan Theriot bat from them last year, but the bat looked brand new. I asked them about it, but they said it was "game used" even though it showed no use.

AWA85
05-13-2008, 12:18 AM
I've been trying to get a hold of them for a little while about checking on an item, nothing but answering machines for me so far. They might be lacking a little on the customer service side.

PCM Sports
05-13-2008, 01:12 PM
We answered your questions and did not lose a sale as someone has bid on it. We were not misleading. We do not care if you buy the item or not. If you want it, but it. If not don't. Someone else will. We are not worried about that. Just dont be a complainer about it because we did not do it at your price or write you a novel for an answer to your question. As for JLew, we answered your questions and dont give our items away. Sorry we would not offer you items that have value for nothing. Finally, the best way to get a hold of us is via email as we travel often and are not in the office. We have plenty of satisfied customers and before you make comments on a company you need to get your facts straight or we will be glad to return the favor.

sarahsdad
05-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Now hears a company that oozes customer service!! Wow. I am sure that response just earned them some business from Forum members!! That response makes Elite look like Mother Theresa.
Sarahsdad

shoremen44
05-13-2008, 01:25 PM
PCM... no offense, but that response isnt going to get you alot of friends.

I have never dealt with you guys, so I will give you the benifit of the doubt, and maybe these transactions were tough to deal with. With that said I run a sales organization for a living and pissing off your customer base is not the best idea.

I am realatively new to the GU collectors scene, but for the most part the guys on this forum are very knowledgeable, and helpful to me.

If they ask questions and you provide complete and legitimate answers they will not only buy items, but buy them at top dollar. I have learned to be very careful as to what I buy, and I search out many of my fellow collectors advice, I assume that is what they were trying to do. If you are forthcoming with what is needed I too will spend top dollar.

Being short on answers and tough on customers will simply push them away.

kylehess10
05-13-2008, 01:25 PM
We answered your questions and did not lose a sale as someone has bid on it. We were not misleading. We do not care if you buy the item or not. If you want it, but it. If not don't. Someone else will. We are not worried about that. Just dont be a complainer about it because we did not do it at your price or write you a novel for an answer to your question.

He was not complaining, he was asking a legit question. Take a look at the pics for yourself. In my opinion, the bat in question is indeed game issued and was not used at all. I don't see ANY signs of use on that bat.

From the way you people treat your customers, I'll be sure to stay away from PCM Sports for now on.

suave1477
05-13-2008, 01:35 PM
WOW that was a bit harsh from PCM.

I don't see anything wrong that was said by the other members. All they did was point out there thoughts on an item and were polite about there experirience.

TO PCM YOU DO LOSE A SALE. EXAMPLE... YOU ARE AUCTIONING AN ITEM. SO INSTEAD OF HAVING 2 PEOPLE WHO MAY BID AGAINST EACH OTHER AND POSSIBLY GET A HIGHER SALE. NOW YOU HAVE ONE PERSON BIDDING ON IT AND IT SELLS FOR WHAT YOU LISTED IT FOR INSTEAD OF MAKING HIGHER PROFITS AND I AM SURE YOU WOULD HAVE APPRECIATED HIGHER PROFITS OTHERWISE YOU WOULDN'T HAVE LISTED IT ON EBAY AUCTION STYLE. Last time I checked your supposedly running a business to make money.

If you don't understand that, to be honest your response was less than satisfactory I personally would have no need to do business with your company in the future even if you had an item I might be interested in.

Jags Fan Dan
05-13-2008, 02:13 PM
PCM, you need to count to 10 and take a breath before you post responses like that on message boards that are filled with potential customers. I particularly dislike the "if you don't buy it, someone else will" attitude. My initial reaction after reading your post was that it reads like something written by an angry teenager.

3arod13
05-13-2008, 02:14 PM
The bat looks BRAND NEW - even the knob info looks like it was inscribed at the signing.

I asked the seller once about the Use..."are there ball marks, tar, etc."? His repsonse...

Very Little Use

OK - so, I wanted more info - so I included the word SPECIFICALLY. Does the bat have ANY signs of use...ball marks, tar, etc.
His repsonse...

Not much

The bat is inscribed that it is GU too...

I believe it does make a different to be more specific than "Very Little Use" or "Not much."

If those are your responses, I believe you could have easily added additional information on how you came up with that response.

PCM's response in this thread seems more defensive and less customer service oriented.

PCM, word of mouth is a killer for any business. Would rethink how you respond in the future.

cigarman44
02-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Past PCM top notch customer service!