PDA

View Full Version : Items For Sale Comming Back?

tone1316
05-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Just curious if anyone knows if the items for sale forum will be making a comeback now that the spring auction is over???

ChrisCavalier
05-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Just curious if anyone knows if the items for sale forum will be making a comeback now that the spring auction is over???
We will soon be rolling out a new platform for individuals interested in offering items through Game Used Universe. We finalizing the details now and will be providing information to everyone as soon as things are ready. We appreciate your interest and thank you in advance for your patience as we prepare to roll things out.

kylehess10
05-10-2008, 02:16 PM
I sure hope so.....I gotta make some extra cash for a New York vacation coming up soon. HR Derby tickets don't pay for themselves! :D

kylehess10
05-10-2008, 02:17 PM
We will soon be rolling out a new platform for individuals interested in offering items through Game Used Universe. We finalizing the details now and will be providing information to everyone as soon as things are ready. We appreciate your interest and thank you in advance for your patience as we prepare to roll things out.

That sounds cool I can't wait to see it!

dcgreg25
05-13-2008, 12:11 PM
That does sound great! Any ETA for more details on the new platform?

Neely8
05-15-2008, 05:08 AM
So can you give us a rough idea when the For Sale section will return? Thanks.

dcgreg25
05-20-2008, 08:30 AM
Any updates on the details of the comeback of the For Sale board or the timing of an eventual return???

Neely8
05-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Bueller? Anyone? Bueller?

Jags Fan Dan
05-21-2008, 11:55 AM
...the anticipation builds....

nyjetsfan14
05-23-2008, 09:55 AM
...the anticipation builds....

Whoever is doing the drumroll must have very tired hands!

Vintagedeputy
05-23-2008, 01:55 PM
This topic has become very tiresome..........seems like every week someone posts something asking when the "for sale" forum will come back. Then they complain that it actually may cost (GASP!) money to post something there.

When it comes back, it comes back. When the generous owners of this site bring it back and decide whether or not there will be a listing fee attached, you will be notified. If you haven't read a minute by minute account of where the 'for sale' forum went, use the search feature.

I love the 'for sale' forum too, but reading the same question/complaint week after week is making me wonder if they shouldnt just do away with the darn thing altogether.

Yeah, I said it.

Jim

Fnazxc0114
05-23-2008, 02:47 PM
When is the for sale forum returning? just kidding

JETEFAN
05-23-2008, 03:04 PM
People ask because it is by far the most popular section on this forum. Since before the last auction we have been hearing about the "New For Sale". It's been a while and everyone is just wondering, I'm sure that is why the topic keeps comming up.

George

hiramman
05-23-2008, 05:09 PM
Amen Jim! It'll be back when it's back!

ndevlin
05-23-2008, 05:18 PM
100% agree Jim. People need to be patient! They said they are working on it. If it's not back yet, they are obviously still working on it. Lets be patient.

Neely8
05-24-2008, 06:07 PM
Well if an administrator in the know would just post some kind of update in this thread then there would be no redundant questions as to when the For Sale section is returning to read. The last GUU auction has been over for well over two weeks now. My .02.

Neely8
05-31-2008, 06:51 AM
Well it appears no one who knows anything about this new selling format is going to give us any kind of update. Just out of curiosity I am wondering why the old For Sale section can't just be put back up temporarily since it's been three weeks now since the last GUU auction ended? Wasn't the reason For Section was removed was so it didn't compete with people spending money in the auction?

camarokids
06-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Not trying to ruffle anyones feathers .....

I do enjoy the for sale section ...

Also , I enjoy the other sections too ....

Any updates on the for sale sections return to GUU???

Please let us know when you know of any new developments .....:)

Vintagedeputy
06-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Well if an administrator in the know would just post some kind of update in this thread then there would be no redundant questions as to when the For Sale section is returning to read. The last GUU auction has been over for well over two weeks now. My .02.

FWIW - I run my own website for my business (read: not hobby).

There are things that I can't get done or "fixed" on my site for more than 2 weeks. As far as posting why, its really no one's business but the site admin's why the "for sale" forum isnt up yet. If someone hounded me for a part of my site to come back up, I'd be pissed.

my .02

Jim

Neely8
06-02-2008, 08:35 AM
And as I posted before, at least some kind of response to a simple question would eliminate the need for anyone to continue asking what the deal is with that section. I wouldn't exactly call it being "hounded". All we are looking for is some kind of update on the situation. I still don't see why the old For Sale format can't be brought back for the time being if this new format is going to take so long to implement. If you think not having the For Sale section isn't affecting this site than you are sadly mistaken.

cohibasmoker
06-02-2008, 09:10 AM
FWIW - I run my own website for my business (read: not hobby).

There are things that I can't get done or "fixed" on my site for more than 2 weeks. As far as posting why, its really no one's business but the site admin's why the "for sale" forum isnt up yet. If someone hounded me for a part of my site to come back up, I'd be pissed.

my .02

Jim

Jim, I'am with you. The "For Sale" section was/is part of what made this site what it is today. BUT, we as members DO NOT own nor do we pay the bills to maintain this website.

It's a privledge to post an item (s) for sale at not charge and whenever the owners of this website decide to re-open the "For Sale" section, that's their decision and that's fine with me.

Jim

MSpecht
06-04-2008, 10:45 PM
Here is a link to a post made by Chris 6/3/08 that updates the situation. Thanks.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=16741

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com