PDA

View Full Version : Texas Rangers COA?

BergerKing22784
05-10-2008, 10:02 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110249389425&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

This jersey just ended liked I hoped it would with no bids as I want it but I feel thats to much for his game used jersey, so I am going to make an offer for it outside of ebay. My question is though I thought the Rangers had someone authenticate their jerseys for them? I bought a Brad Fullmer jersey from someone off the board not to long ago and it had like Meigary or whatever their name is authentication. Should I be concerned this one does not have that authentication and take the sellers word he bought it from the Rangers?

Thanks,
Brian

Fnazxc0114
05-10-2008, 10:35 AM
is there a inventory tag on the left inside tail of the jersey? i am no expert but that is a good thing to look for on post 02 jerseys or atleast that is what i learned on this website. do a search for rangers and meigray and they talk a little about what to look for on rangers jerseys.

Fnazxc0114
05-10-2008, 10:38 AM
also too generally now days if you buy a jersey directly from the rangers they will give you a rangers team coa

jerseydave.com
05-10-2008, 12:16 PM
also too generally now days if you buy a jersey directly from the rangers they will give you a rangers team coa

This is a yes and no answer. You buy the game used Rangers items through the Team Store at the Ballpark. When you buy them at the store, they do not issue LOA's with their items, they give you a receipt the sometimes does and sometimes does not state exactly what the item is.. some say game used jersey but no player's name is listed on the receipt and sometimes it has the player's name listed on the receipt:

Exp.. Game Used Jersey $125
Young Game Used $1500

Depending on how the item is in the store's inventory, it will or will not list the players name on the receipt.

Now, a guy named Eric runs the game used items for the store, but rarely is he the one working the Team Stores. So when you buy a game used item, you specifically have to ask the sales associate to get a Team LOA for your item.. They will give them if you ask, but the person at the store has to make that request.

Then they have Eric prepare the LOA, get it signed by the GM and then mails it to you. They will only do this when you buy the item at the store and make the request for the LOA.

So there will be alot of game used items out there that and good and not good depending on who bought it and if they asked for a LOA or not. It would be easy for a game issued jersey to be bought and sold as game worn. When the Rangers do this lists for sale, the jerseys are prices like this:

Game Issued/Player Worn jerseys: There is no difference in price for a issued or a worn jerseys and they are not separated. You have to look at each jersey to see if you see wear or not. And in some cases, a player might have 2 or 3 jerseys there.. 1 could show great wear and the other 2 look brand new.

When I bought alot of jerseys at the Team's fanfest, no LOA's were given so you used to use your receipt for the LOA.

So the 2 problems you have is the barcode on the inside of the jersey is in alot of their game issued jerseys as well... So not all jerseys that have the barcode are 100% game worn. The 2nd problem is, if someone bought a jersey at the Team Store or a Fanfest, it they did not ask for a LOA, it does not specifically mean its not real...they just might not have known.

On a side note, the Rangers are selling the Jackie Robinson game worn jerseys through the Team Store, all of them were signed by the player and have a MLB hologram on them. The MLB guys were in the clubhouse after the game and when they pulled the jersey off, they signed it in front of the MLB rep and then hologram went on. The jerseys were not washed and the MLB Holograms have not been added into the system yet. The Rangers are not giving Team LOA's out on these as they have the MLB holograms. None of these jerseys have set tags... The player who actually wore it has his real jersey # written on the front hem tag and then signed the front of the jersey.

Another not of things they do, I was looking last week at David Murphy's 2007 #28 jerseys the Rangers have for sale and the have bar codes inside the jerseys, but the jerseys themselves only have a size tag, there were no set tags on these jerseys. So you will also have Rangers jerseys with Bar Codes but not set tags that are out there and real as well.

Also, when the Team issues a LOA, they do not list the bar code inside the jersey on the LOA itself. So you have to do some homework and somtimes see who the seller is.

Millwood's jerseys at the Team Store ranges from $500 - $750, so this guy is already selling it below what he paid. The Rangers are not a cheap team to buy from. They have Soriano's still for $1750.00, Sosa at $1500.00, Michael Young at $1000.00 - $1500.00, Tex at $1000.00 - $1500.00, and last years Kinsler's and Blaylocks are $800.00.

I hope this helps...

David
Jerseydave@sbcglobal.net

BergerKing22784
05-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Thank you for all your help..... Yeah I contacted seller and he isnt going to budge from that price so I guess I have a decision to make!