PDA

View Full Version : OT: Joe Montana sues Heritage

kingjammy24
05-08-2008, 04:34 PM
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0508081montana1.html

rudy.

mdube16
05-08-2008, 04:41 PM
The letter to her parents about his freshman football practices are well worth reading. Very cool piece of history.

David
05-08-2008, 05:04 PM
He obviously gave the letters and cards to her, so she, not he, has ownership of those items and can resell them. By legal definition, if you give someone a gift you are giving up ownership rights to them. That's what a gift means.

godwulf
05-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Montana, 51, claims that the sale of the assorted items--which were auctioned last weekend by a Dallas, Texas firm--violated his copyright and privacy rights.

Gee, who knew that everything you scribbled on a card, or wrote in a letter to your wife, was automatically "copyrighted"? :rolleyes:

Aside from the matter of what fast food chain issued Montana's attorney his law license, this brings up a number of interesting questions.

One - which I'm sure has been brought up on this forum at least once, even during my relatively brief stint here - is, Why would anyone be interested in collecting personal stuff like this, very little if any of it having any relation whatsoever to the career of the athlete in question, or to the game he played?

I didn't go through the whole list of items, but I did see the student i.d., which might have some marginal interest to some sports hobbyists...but the rest of it, from what I saw...feh! No doubt really appealing stuff to a stalker...

suave1477
05-08-2008, 09:30 PM
I think its funny hes pleading that she obtained them after they were divorced.

How do you obtains items like this from someone after your divorced?????

frikativ54
05-08-2008, 09:34 PM
I think its funny hes pleading that she obtained them after they were divorced.

How do you obtains items like this from someone after your divorced?????

Friends with benefits!?!? :D I thought that athletes had more girls than dollar bills.

both-teams-played-hard
05-08-2008, 10:13 PM
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5568/jordanlovepoemwe9.jpg
Along the same lines...This uncopyrighted work was auctioned by Leland's a few years ago. Lord Michael Wordsworth Jordan...