PDA

View Full Version : Game used Mike Rabelo 1977 TBTC Tigers complete uniform

TNTtoys
05-08-2008, 10:36 AM
All,

I jumped on the bandwagon last year when the Tigers opened their doors for business, and bought the complete turn back the clock (1977 road style) uniform (cap, jersey and pants) of then rookie catcher Mike Rabelo from the team. I was actually hoping that Mike would eventually get more and more playing time (as Rodriguez is nearing the end of his career) and take over the catching position when Rodriguez retires. What transpired instead was Rabelo being dealt to the Marlins in the blockbuster trade off-season.

My questions to you guys...

Would such a uniform now hold more value to Marlins collectors or Tigers collectors?

Would the rookie year come into play moreso than either team would?

Anyone out there care to venture a guess at the approximate value of this uniform? (I know this is similar to the question on auction item discussion regarding the Alex Sanchez TBTC uniform, but this is also a rookie year uniform, whereas the Sanchez is not)

I want to weigh my options with this one.

Thanks
Nick

skyking26
05-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Given the slow way Rabelo is going, regardless of whom he is playing, I'd aim for what you bought it for in terms of $$ value. I doubt you'd get a premium. Playing for the Marlins he may get more time or fade into the background with the rest of the club...