PDA

View Full Version : Looking for photo match on Thomas Jones gloves.

courage23
05-07-2008, 08:07 PM
I recently purchased some game worn Thomas Jones gloves. I've spent many hours trying to find a card, picture or anything that I can photo match these gloves. My plan is to hang the gloves up next to a picture of him wearing them in a game. By the style of them, it's from either the 2005 or 2006 season with the Bears. Any help would be appricated, and would also be willing to purchase a photo from anyone who has a match.

Thanks

Jags Fan Dan
05-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Well, I couldn't even find a style match on those. Here is the closest I got, but it still isn't them:

Jags Fan Dan
05-08-2008, 09:29 AM
It should be noted that the gloves shown in the photo above that I posted appear to have only been worn that 1 game, which was 9/11/05.

34swtns
05-08-2008, 09:38 AM
I've got a few publications from those 2 seasons, yearbooks, calendars, programs, '06 season/SB XLI commemorative magazines. I'll check them out this evening and get back to you.

courage23
05-08-2008, 03:41 PM
I've found the orange and black version of these gloves that Thomas Jones wears, just not the white model of him in a game. It's tough because I can only manage to find photos from about 12 games in 3 seasons of the Bears. Magazines or papers, or personal shot will be the only answer for me. Looking forward to seeing if you have a match 34swtns.

Thanks

34swtns
05-10-2008, 03:53 PM
After looking through all of my publications I couldn't find a match. However, it looks like your gloves were most likely worn during the '06 season, as that is the only year that the most similar style of glove was worn. The biggest downside of my search is that I couldn't find a single example of any Bears player wearing that exact same type of glove style. There were several examples of players wearing a style that was very close, the only difference being a white piping around the wrist strap that seems to be missing from yours. But even still, I couldn't find a pic of Jones even wearing the similar style to yours. The upside is that even with all of my sources I don't have pics of Jones from every game in '06, so the possibility remains that they could still be legit, I just can't prove it one way or another. The only way to know for sure would be to check individual game footage from the '06 season, or possibly the "2006 NFC Champions, Chicago Bears" highlights DVD, none of which I have, unfortunately. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch any of the footage from that season yet. Too painful. :(

courage23
05-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Watching that video could be rather tough. I'm fairly sure the gloves are legit, I simply would love a photo to put next to them. I know watching video or hightlights is the way to go. As long as it's free, I'll try my best to obtain a photo or video match via internet. I was hoping some crazy Bears fan had something that wasn't on the net. I agree the gloves seem to be from the 2006 season.

thanks