PDA

View Full Version : Latest eBay adventure

Jags Fan Dan
05-07-2008, 01:10 PM
I am guessing this is not a new one, but it was a new one to me:

I bid on an item, got outbid, so I bid again. I get outbid at the last second, and then immediately receive a "second chance" offer for the item at my highest bid price. And lo and behold, the person who outbid me both times has 1 feedback, it just happens to be from the same seller as the item I was outbid on, and he has "won" other auctions from the same seller and has a eerily similar username to the seller.

This is a good deal for the seller if the second highest bidder always bites, because he always gets top dollar for the item thanks to the schill bidding.

Needless to say, I am passing on the "second chance" offer.:rolleyes:

BULBUS
05-07-2008, 01:29 PM
I would email Ebay and let them know.

otismalibu
05-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Try and bid just once, at the very last moment.

Don't give any bidders (legit or otherwise) a chance to bump you up or beat you.

I've got a Death To All Nibblers bumper sticker on my car. Ok, I don't...but the thought has crossed my mind.

Jags Fan Dan
05-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Well, I usually do just bid once, but this item ended with no bids the last time it was listed, so I didn't think I needed to stake it out like I normally do. I wasn't going to do anything about this, but after a little while to think about it, I did report it to eBay.

34swtns
05-07-2008, 02:16 PM
I've got a Death To All Nibblers bumper sticker on my car.

Sweet. Where can I get one?!

Last 5 seconds.......the only way to bid.

otismalibu
05-07-2008, 02:26 PM
but this item ended with no bids the last time it was listedWhen I miss an item that ended with no bids, sometimes I'll just email the seller and strike a deal.

I wasn't going to do anything about this, but after a little while to think about it, I did report it to eBay. You can spend all day reporting stuff to eBay. It never ends. I see stuff that supposedly sold a week ago (and had multiple bids) and was immediately listed again (non-paying bidder, the seller says). Right. Sometimes I email the seller, pointing out he's selling a fake auto or a pre-print. Some take it down, some carry on. Then I might email the buyer or kill it with a PSA/DNA Quick Opinion myself. Went to do that on an obvious fake last week (seller was first informed) and PSA/DNA came back with a Likely Genuine. Crazy. They've given the thumbs down to the same player 'auto' (from the same forger) in the past. No longer worth my time or $7.95.

Last 5 seconds.......the only way to bid.Unless you forget. Or unless they chicken out and end the listing early.