PDA

View Full Version : stay away from the ebay seller "33-bird"

mchmaj
05-06-2008, 10:48 PM
i found sherman douglas celtics jersey from seller "33-bird" and asked for best price for the jersey , and he asked too much for it ... then i emailed him back that i found similar celtics douglas awhile ago on ebay and it was sold around $200-$250. he said sorry and then i asked is it too greedy to ask for too much for douglas jersey when i saw his sold for 200-250, then he called me cry baby in one email then next email f**k you, then the last email cry cry.

hes not a good seller however he got really nice celtics collection !!!
i just want to share to you guys , and too bad it happened to me !
it is not worth to buy something from harsh seller like him, as he could lose buyers like me
ps. i knew theres forum member that has similar name but forum guy is great guy to deal with, therefore ebay seller 33-bird is different guy i am talking about
marcus

LWMM
05-06-2008, 10:57 PM
i found sherman douglas celtics jersey from seller "33-bird" and asked for best price for the jersey , and he asked too much for it ... then i emailed him back that i found similar celtics douglas awhile ago on ebay and it was sold around $200-$250. he said sorry and then i asked is it too greedy to ask for too much for douglas jersey when i saw his sold for 200-250, then he called me cry baby in one email then next email f**k you, then the last email cry cry.

I'm not sure what you expected, but calling him greedy without provocation is, to me, out of line; it is absolutely his prerogative to ask what he wishes, and if you did not wish to pay that, you should have just walked away.

I also assume that you sent several emails to him that you omitted here, accounting for his fourth and fifth responses.

mchmaj
05-06-2008, 11:34 PM
but calling me names is not need
i didnt send him several emails
it was like my second or third email and he three emails in a row with my 3rd email as i stopped reply back , so you think its cool to call F **K you ??
if i called him greedy then he should say something better than that
no excuse here

mchmaj
05-06-2008, 11:45 PM
again, i was called greedy in the past and i didnt reply back calling people F**K YOU , CRY BABY CRY CRY on each emails total 3 emails, and remmy i told him about sherman douglas that went 200-250 and he asked too much for it ...thats the fact here ! he also told me i knows everything, its true ! i want to save money as much as i can :)

that show the TRUE COLORS of him therefore hes not a friendly seller so i dont want future buyers face the same thing i did
thank you

mchmaj
05-07-2008, 12:35 AM
i am serious about this one as i just got 4 emails from this seller and he have been sending me 4 emails in row calling me A**HOLE, 2nd email get a job, 3rd email get a life
wow seriously stay away from that seller !!!!

aeneas01
05-07-2008, 05:58 AM
most ebayers are not professional operations that place a high priority on customer satisfaction - for the most part, excluding store fronts, they're just average joe's trying to sell merchandise. and while it would be nice if everyone on ebay offered prompt, courteous service, that's just not the reality of the ebay world.

yet, having said that, it seems to me that you were asking for abuse. if i understand you correctly, you emailed the seller with an offer and then badgered him because he didn't accept and because you felt he wanted too much? honestly man, good grief.

ndevlin
05-07-2008, 09:31 AM
harrasement my man, harrasement. Leave the guy alone. What did he do to begin with? Ask too much for a Sherman Douglas jersey? He owns it, he can put whatever price he wants on it, and shouldnt be harrased to change his price. Thats silly. I dont see why you are upset with the name calling. Im sure I would do the same too if someone was bothering me about a price. But if it really bothers you, I would contact Ebay about the name calling, not here. Just my 2 cents.

mchmaj
05-07-2008, 09:36 AM
yeah i understand , whats this game used forum's purpose ???
to give people head up about anything related to game used stuff.
as you guys know boston celtics is hot right now and i am sure buyers wuld look for celtics stuff to buy. that seller is bad guy to deal with.
for example, car dealership, the people there are not nice and rude to sell the cars, of course we walked away and not buying the cars and we share this to people local. so i thought i should share this on this fourm.....

again seller wants it for $400 but why would he set best offer under buy it now ? honestly something wrong with him mentally !
am going to leave him alone and he will not sell sherman douglas with the price he wants :)
thanks guys
marcus

bigtruck260
05-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Hi Marcus -

Something to consider about this exchange...

Email and forum posts unfortunately can mean different things to different people. The tone is usually lost somewhere, and people take offense to things like sarcasm (even when you are trying to be funny)...

I am not trying to offend you here, either - but you may want to speak a little more clearly in your posts (emails too). You might be the most educated person here, but if your posts ramble with poor grammar, a seller might get the idea that you are not a serious buyer - or a kid playing games with him.

The language used by him was unacceptable (if this is indeed the language he used) - but to attempt to ruin a guy's rep in a very public place is not the best way to make friends in the community...I know of very solid sellers who are not the friendliest people in the world.

Take the advice that Nate gave you and leave that type of thing to eBay.
It's great that you want to help, but it really sounds like you were out of line with your "greedy" comment (and I am a prolific seller/buyer on eBay with 100% feedback).

Regards - and hopefully you get some resolution.

mchmaj
05-07-2008, 10:35 AM
thanks man
will do that and see what ebay can do about it but mostly ebay wuldnt do anything ........

33bird
05-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Just to let everyone know-it's not me he's referring to. I've dealt with Ron quite a bit and have never had a problem. Marcus is a good guy. Ron is a good guy. Just let it go. It's just a jersey, and a Sherman Douglas at that! Just my 2 cents.
Greg
biggamebird@yahoo.com

David
05-07-2008, 02:12 PM
The seller should not have responded that way I agree, but most people will take being called "greedy" as an insult.

mchmaj
05-07-2008, 03:56 PM
if called "greedy" and its an insult then i made a mistake
thanks guys
marcus

godwulf
05-07-2008, 05:04 PM
if called "greedy" and its an insult then i made a mistake
thanks guys
marcus

Marcus...I didn't want to say anything that might be construed as being, in any way, offensive to you, but I have to ask - is English your native language? Because, seriously, I cannot imagine "greedy" being used in any way but as an insult.

LWMM
05-07-2008, 06:26 PM
i am serious about this one as i just got 4 emails from this seller and he have been sending me 4 emails in row calling me A**HOLE, 2nd email get a job, 3rd email get a life
wow seriously stay away from that seller !!!!

I emailed the seller, and said that you had, indeed, sent him more emails after his response to your "greedy" mention (though he said he has already deleted them).

grandpahoo
05-07-2008, 09:32 PM
honestly man, good grief.

Amen.

3arod13
05-08-2008, 10:54 AM
mchmaj - I know you collect Syracuse stuff. Are you from Syracuse?

Email me at arod13tb@yahoo.com

mchmaj
05-08-2008, 11:55 AM
I emailed the seller, and said that you had, indeed, sent him more emails after his response to your "greedy" mention (though he said he has already deleted them).
whoa whoa i did not email him more after he sent me several emails
for example, when he emailed me three straight emails, i told him wow this is first time i was called F**K YOU
then he kept on sending me emails , get it ???

mchmaj
05-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Marcus...I didn't want to say anything that might be construed as being, in any way, offensive to you, but I have to ask - is English your native language? Because, seriously, I cannot imagine "greedy" being used in any way but as an insult.answer your question, yes english is my second language, american sign language is my native language , you got problem ?

mchmaj
05-08-2008, 12:01 PM
mchmaj - I know you collect Syracuse stuff. Are you from Syracuse?

Email me at arod13tb@yahoo.com
yeah i am from syracuse, i grew up there whole of my life.... i used to live few blocks from carrie dome and i went to almost every lacrosse home games in 90s and few in late 80s, both my parents are graduated from SU(deborah rinehart/michael chmaj) know them ?
i moved to washington dc for college and graduated there in BA for history (believe it or not) then moved to southern california for the job reason :)

cheers
marcus

mchmaj
05-08-2008, 12:07 PM
answer your question, yes english is my second language, american sign language is my native language , you got problem ?
secondly of all, i was called greedy few times before and i didnt take it as an insult but i laughed at these people who called me that name... you know ?

3arod13
05-08-2008, 12:13 PM
yeah i am from syracuse, i grew up there whole of my life.... i used to live few blocks from carrie dome and i went to almost every lacrosse home games in 90s and few in late 80s, both my parents are graduated from SU(deborah rinehart/michael chmaj) know them ?
i moved to washington dc for college and graduated there in BA for history (believe it or not) then moved to southern california for the job reason :)

cheers
marcus

I was born and raised in Syracuse (1960-1978). Graduated from Henninger High School and then joined the Navy.

mchmaj
05-08-2008, 12:20 PM
I was born and raised in Syracuse (1960-1978). Graduated from Henninger High School and then joined the Navy.
i would have go to nottingham high school but theres no deaf program there, so i went to westhill high school near west genesee. whats more westhill did not have lacrosse program so i went to nottingham after school and played lacrosse there every spring seasons. because nottingham is my school district i can play sports there if westhill doesnt provide sports that i wanted to play.....

mchmaj
05-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Marcus...I didn't want to say anything that might be construed as being, in any way, offensive to you, but I have to ask - is English your native language? Because, seriously, I cannot imagine "greedy" being used in any way but as an insult.
you mocking me as is english as my native language ? look at the meaning of greedy , i dont see any meaning of insulting
dj., -i·er, -i·est.
Excessively desirous of acquiring or possessing, especially wishing to possess more than what one needs or deserves.
Wanting to eat or drink more than one can reasonably consume; gluttonous.
Extremely eager or desirous: greedy for the opportunity to prove their ability.Wanting or taking all that one can get with no thought of what others need.
adjective
Having a strong urge to obtain or possess something, especially material wealth, in quantity

ironmanfan
05-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Can we lock this thread? I have a Slurpee headache....

mvandor
05-08-2008, 03:03 PM
you mocking me as is english as my native language ? look at the meaning of greedy , i dont see any meaning of insulting
dj., -i·er, -i·est.

Excessively desirous of acquiring or possessing, especially wishing to possess more than what one needs or deserves.
Wanting to eat or drink more than one can reasonably consume; gluttonous.
Extremely eager or desirous: greedy for the opportunity to prove their ability.Wanting or taking all that one can get with no thought of what others need.
adjective
Having a strong urge to obtain or possess something, especially material wealth, in quantity

Marcus, we've had this discussion before. You come across as abrasive, that may just be your personality, it may be the handicap of not having a handle on a second language. And yes, greed is considered a sin, a flaw, an unattractive trait. It's generally taken as insulting.

frikativ54
05-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Marcus, we've had this discussion before. You come across as abrasive, that may just be your personality, it may be the handicap of not having a handle on a second language. And yes, greed is considered a sin, a flaw, an unattractive trait. It's generally taken as insulting.

Wow - the poor guy is deaf, and you have the nerve to call him abrasive? We all need to respect each other's learning differences. He's already apologized if he was being rude. The seller may have been lying to cover up his insults, hence why he had "deleted" the OP's emails. Whatever the reason, the OP was just trying to warn people to deal with caution with the seller in question. Not worth getting into a fight over.

-Frik

3arod13
05-08-2008, 04:04 PM
I think it's best not to add further to this thread. I don't believe anyone meant any harm.

nyjetsfan14
05-08-2008, 04:30 PM

What's up shipmate? 13+ years in the United States Navy Seabees (enlisted man). Out in late 2003, I miss it more than I could have ever guessed.

God Bless America!

3arod13
05-08-2008, 05:15 PM
What's up shipmate? 13+ years in the United States Navy Seabees (enlisted man). Out in late 2003, I miss it more than I could have ever guessed.

God Bless America!

WHAT??? 13+ years and then you abandon ship! Less than 7 years and you could have had a retirement check for the rest of your life.

I know a good recruiter (lol)

Tony

mvandor
05-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Wow - the poor guy is deaf, and you have the nerve to call him abrasive? We all need to respect each other's learning differences. He's already apologized if he was being rude. The seller may have been lying to cover up his insults, hence why he had "deleted" the OP's emails. Whatever the reason, the OP was just trying to warn people to deal with caution with the seller in question. Not worth getting into a fight over.

-Frik

I missed that part, however, I'm not sure what not being able to hear has to do with reading and writing? However, I concur that the seller was unnecessarily abusive and a warning to that effect seems fair.

JETEFAN
05-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Hi Marcus -

Something to consider about this exchange...

Email and forum posts unfortunately can mean different things to different people. The tone is usually lost somewhere, and people take offense to things like sarcasm (even when you are trying to be funny)...

I am not trying to offend you here, either - but you may want to speak a little more clearly in your posts (emails too). You might be the most educated person here, but if your posts ramble with poor grammar, a seller might get the idea that you are not a serious buyer - or a kid playing games with him.

The language used by him was unacceptable (if this is indeed the language he used) - but to attempt to ruin a guy's rep in a very public place is not the best way to make friends in the community...I know of very solid sellers who are not the friendliest people in the world.

Take the advice that Nate gave you and leave that type of thing to eBay.
It's great that you want to help, but it really sounds like you were out of line with your "greedy" comment (and I am a prolific seller/buyer on eBay with 100% feedback).

Regards - and hopefully you get some resolution.

Hey Bigtruck,
It's amazing how much you look like La Russa:D http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/image.php?u=2228&type=sigpic&dateline=1208900012

sammy
05-08-2008, 06:38 PM
I always see a younger Peter Paul Gualtieri aka Paulie "Walnuts" from the Sopranos when I see your photo.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/image.php?u=2228&type=sigpic&dateline=1208900012 http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/cast/character/paulie_walnuts.jpg

nyjetsfan14
05-08-2008, 09:45 PM
WHAT??? 13+ years and then you abandon ship! Less than 7 years and you could have had a retirement check for the rest of your life.

I know a good recruiter (lol)

Tony

LOL, tell me about it. One day my ex-spouse just got tired of being a wife/mom/American and hit the road back to her native land. There I was with my two boys and can't take kids on deployments with you so I had no choice but to cut loose. I am now in the final stages of obtaining my B.S. and still doing the single father deal. As mentioned I miss it more than I could have ever imagined. I shop at a local Marine base commissary and just being in an environment where men and women carry themselves in such a professional and respectful manner brings back fond memories although does make me feel old - those young men and women are everything good about this country. All the best to you and yours Tony and thanks for serving!

God Bless America

frikativ54
05-08-2008, 10:11 PM
LOL, tell me about it. One day my ex-spouse just got tired of being a wife/mom/American and hit the road back to her native land. There I was with my two boys and can't take kids on deployments with you so I had no choice but to cut loose. I am now in the final stages of obtaining my B.S. and still doing the single father deal. As mentioned I miss it more than I could have ever imagined. I shop at a local Marine base commissary and just being in an environment where men and women carry themselves in such a professional and respectful manner brings back fond memories although does make me feel old - those young men and women are everything good about this country. All the best to you and yours Tony and thanks for serving!

God Bless America

Sorry that your wife left you and the kids like that. Seems like a horrible thing to do to one's family; I know I'd hate it if my Mom just decided to up and leave. I respect the military and what it does for America, but I honestly don't see how they are "everything good about this country." Care to explain? I'm not trying to be rude here; I just would like to better understand your perspective. Good luck with being a single dad!

-Frik

nyjetsfan14
05-08-2008, 10:56 PM
Sorry that your wife left you and the kids like that. Seems like a horrible thing to do to one's family; I know I'd hate it if my Mom just decided to up and leave. I respect the military and what it does for America, but I honestly don't see how they are "everything good about this country." Care to explain? I'm not trying to be rude here; I just would like to better understand your perspective. Good luck with being a single dad!

-Frik

No thanks Frik, I think I'll steer clear of this one and really no desire to explain. Don't want this to steer away from a collecting post. I was just saying hi to Tony, a fellow service member. Best of luck in all your endeavors.

frikativ54
05-08-2008, 11:06 PM
No thanks Frik, I think I'll steer clear of this one and really no desire to explain.

Wow, "steer clear" is like you're avoiding a land mine. I was just curious...I seem to be skating on thin ice. I guess you've got to be careful of certain personalities; they'll blow up at any second.

When you make outlandish statements, then you've got to be prepared for people to question you. I for the record don't believe that the military is everything that is good about this country. It's a bit disturbing, really.

both-teams-played-hard
05-09-2008, 12:37 AM
I for the record don't believe that the military is everything that is good about this country. It's a bit disturbing, really.
You have officially stated your position on the military. Now it's time to moveon.org! Don't forget this is still a sports memorabilia forum...

I hearby nominate this thread:
Worst. Thread. Ever.

BULBUS
05-09-2008, 07:36 AM
I hearby nominate this thread:
Worst. Thread. Ever.

I SECOND THAT!

ham1963
05-09-2008, 07:53 AM
After reading this thread I must agree this is the dumbest thread ever.

Jags Fan Dan
05-09-2008, 07:55 AM
Let us now let it fade into oblivion.

bigtruck260
05-09-2008, 09:26 AM
I always see a younger Peter Paul Gualtieri aka Paulie "Walnuts" from the Sopranos when I see your photo.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/image.php?u=2228&type=sigpic&dateline=1208900012 http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/cast/character/paulie_walnuts.jpg

I wish somtimes I could be a drunken Tony Larussa....:D