PDA

View Full Version : Conor Jackson game used bat ?

Dewey2007
05-05-2008, 11:39 PM
I might have just picked up a Conor Jackson game used bat on a good deal considering how hot he's been to start the season. Anyone know what type of LVS model he's using these days? The bat I just won on eBay is a Model B345

I was looking around on-line and I mostly saw LVS Model R227's and even a R219 that Jackson has used in the past. Any info would be appreciated. Here's the link to the bat I just won:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150240640624&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=005

AWA85
05-05-2008, 11:48 PM
Looks like you picked up a pretty nice bat at a very low price.

BMH
05-06-2008, 09:01 PM
From what I can tell he ordered 18 of them 8/18/2004. The bat should be 34in/31oz and cupped. He's only ordered the B345 with no finish in Ash once.

Dewey2007
05-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Brian, thanks for that info on the Jackson bat. Much appreciated!

Dewey2007
05-06-2008, 11:34 PM
BMH, I just noticed that Conor Jackson didn't get called up to the bigs until July 28, 2005. I'm guessing the 2004 date you provided is just an oversight?

Thanks again,
Dewey

BMH
05-07-2008, 05:12 AM
No it's not, it is exactly what is in our ordering system. Players do use bats before they get into the majors...

BMH
05-07-2008, 07:25 AM
I cut and pasted this out of our system. They were ordered by the Diamondbacks for Conor in 2004.

Dewey2007
05-07-2008, 09:31 AM
BMH, I really appreciate the detailed follow-up. I wasn't aware that players in the minors ordered bats with the MLB team name on them. Now hopefully the bat I'm getting matches up to these records. Best, Dewey

godwulf
05-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Ah, nuts! :rolleyes: I've got to keep reminding myself that not every game-used bat is listed in the "Game Used Memorabilia" category. I missed that one, or you wouldn't have gotten it for 36 bucks, if you got it at all! :D

I don't have one of Conor's B345s, which is why I'd have especially wanted to add it to my collection.

I've got several of Conor's R227s, which he used in the minors and possibly as late as '06 (I had him sign one the other day and he showed it to one of the other players and remarked on the odd barrel shape of the bats he "used to use") but all of his bats that I've got from '06 and '07 are M110s (except for a Rawlings 822B from '06). I've also got a Sam MMO from '03, obviously a minor league bat.

Congrats on a great pickup!

Dewey2007
05-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Thanks! Believe me I was very surprised that I got the bat so cheap and that there was only one other bid.

I haven't gotten to take a look at the bat in person yet but if I remember correctly your a big D-Backs collector so I might be willing to trade it for another Jackson bat. I just wanted one because he's a former Cal Bear's player.

Send your e-mail to: deweystg@berkeley.edu and I'll contact you after I receive it.

godwulf
05-07-2008, 02:28 PM
We might be able to work something out. I do have several "duplicates"...although, like most every bat collector, all my "babies" are different and precious. :D

What I'd be interested to know is...how this bat got to Florida.

CJ started out '04 in Lancaster, but by August I'm sure he was probably in El Paso of the Texas League...but I'm thinking that the farthest East team in the Texas League is, what...Wichita? And by '05, he was playing in Tucson - also a long way from Florida.

The Seller states he/she attends ST games, but (as I'm sure you know) the DBacks have ST in Tucson, not Florida.

The only thing I can think of (other than that somebody in Florida bought this bat on eBay and had it sent there) is that Conor might have taken it to Florida in '05, after his call-up to the Majors, if the DBacks went out there for a series with the Marlins. That, or it was sent as a hand-me-down, at some later time, to the DBacks' then-AA affliliate in Tennessee, which no doubt played against at least one Florida team.

The world may never know! :rolleyes:

Dewey2007
05-07-2008, 03:36 PM
"What I'd be interested to know is...how this bat got to Florida".

I had the same exact question about the whole attending ST games in FL and the D-Backs training in Tucson. Seller told me they collect bats of up and coming prospects and bought it from a dealer in AZ. The last time they went to AZ for spring training they just missed out on getting it signed by Jackson and I guess decided to put it up for sale.

godwulf
05-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Ah, okay, I guess that would explain it. When the Seller mentioned ST, I guess I just assumed they were talking about the Grapefruit League.

Conor no doubt took this bat with him to Tucson from El Paso, then.

GoTigers
05-07-2008, 06:30 PM
I just picked this Conor Jackson up off Ebay for $51 plus shipping.. as you can see it's hammered. There is a large amount of checking on the back barrel, so much that some grain has separated... but I figure I'm going to put in a minimal amount of wood glue and fix it up.. there are no pieces missing so you shouldn't be able to tell a repair was made... a ton of seam marks and ball transfers

godwulf
05-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Wow...that's a beauty! I can't read the date stamp on the knob...is that from '06, by any chance?

GoTigers
05-07-2008, 06:48 PM
I believe so.. the stamping gets pretty light.. Its 822B 257 and I believe 06. As you can see its got 34-32 and 16 in sharpie.. then its got 32 Jackson written in pen, but is not shown in the pictures... I'm working on a photomatch... but not there yet.

godwulf
05-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Our boy had a rough time last night - and on his 26th birthday, too! Hit by a pitch, and then involved in a collision with Shane Victorino at First that put him down for a good ten minutes with a helmet to the face. I know he loves the game, but you've got to wonder if he doesn't sometimes wish he'd followed his dad into acting. :rolleyes: