PDA

View Full Version : Sold to someone with ZERO feedback

worldchamps
05-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Has anyone sold to someone with zero feedback? I got a best offer from someone, it is still not what I want, but they have zero feedback....I am leearly on if I would even accept an offer from them if it was a good offer.

What should you be concerned, can they retract paypal payment??? Or just not pay at all, just bid to mess with you???

Any advise???

Thanks

bigtruck260
05-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Well -

It seems that 80% of the buyers in general have been poor with prompt payment recently. I have filed 6 Non-paying bidder complaints in the past month.

It might not matter that someone has zero feedback...they could just be an old-eBayer starting over with a new account. Which MAY be because they had trouble with the previous one.

I would accept it, but prepare yourself for a possible headache. Goes with the eBay experience.

ahuff
05-05-2008, 03:11 PM
I have sold to "zero" feedback people. Everytime, it makes me very nervous. The major setback I've had, is that they don't understand things as well as experienced people. Therefore, you may not get your feedback or they will leave you negative feedback for very insignificant things. I've never had them "take back" their payments.

shoremen44
05-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Just make sure you get a signature confirmation when you ship... I learned that one the hard way when I first started selling on ebay... lost the buyers $375 back to them and my bat

worldchamps
05-05-2008, 03:58 PM
That is interesting to know, I always send Fed Ex with insurance and tracking, but no not do signature...I will start doing that

karamaxjoe
05-05-2008, 04:06 PM
I will never sell to anyone with less than a ten feedback rating again.

The scam that his hitting me know is the buyer had a rating of 6, bought one of my items and paid for it with paypal. I figured I was safe after receiving payment from paypal, but a couple weeks later paypal suspended my account and is issuing a chargeback. What this means is the buyer either used a stolen credit card for his account and the owner of the card is contesting the sale with his credit card company or the buyer is claiming he never authorized the charge to paypal.

Of course I received positive feedback from the moron and have proof of delivery from the postal service. The big problem is my paypal account will be down for about 90 days until the buyers credit card company decides what to do.

Mike

worldchamps
05-05-2008, 04:17 PM
That is scary, that is exactly what I was afraid of.

David
05-05-2008, 05:35 PM
All eBayers, even those with 16,000 100% feedback, started at zero.

As a seller, my experience with newbie eBayers is that they have been reliable as everyone else. Of course, I prefer they win an inexpensive lot rather than expensive.

worldchamps
05-05-2008, 10:03 PM
i just got another offer from someone with 12 feedback, but they are private so you can't see what they were????? They have been on ebay for 2 years...however private feedback!!!! What is the point

Any dealings or advise on this???

beavisrules
05-05-2008, 10:57 PM
worldchamps,

There is no guarantee whether you go with the zero feedback versus anyone else. The last chargeback I encountered was a person with 500+ feedback - in fact, I've never had a zero feedback due a chargeback (although no payment is another issue altogether). Granted, I am not a dealer or frequent seller like others on this site, so take it for what it is worth.

You could return the offer with counteroffer for the same price, but add in the additional terms that they pay with a money order ONLY due to their feedback. If they decline, move on. If they accept, then they can't chargeback the money order obviously.

Good luck.

Jags Fan Dan
05-06-2008, 08:27 AM
It is a challenge if they are new because they just don't get how things work. For example, I sold one of my wife's Longaberger baskets and an elderly gentleman with very low feedback won it. I clearly stated in the auction that I would accept Paypal ONLY if funded by a bank account. He proceeded to pay with a credit card. I refused the payment. He insisted that the payment had been sent. I explained I had refused it. He stated it still showed as paid in his account. I finally had to take a PHOTOGRAPH of my computer screen of my paypal account showing the payment had been refused. He finally just mailed me a check, but what a freaking headache!:(

otismalibu
05-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Many eBayers have 2nd and 3rd IDs that have little or no feedback. Many eBayers create IDs just for posting on the eBay message boards. If someone is going to flip an item, they might buy it with one ID and sell it with another.

I'm sure in most cases, it's a new member, but you'll sometimes see that they've been a member for years but have hardly any feedback on that account.

Like if Grey Flannel sold thru eBay, I'd have to create another account so I could bid :)