PDA

View Full Version : SCD's Chris Nerat chats with Lou Lampson on video

sammy
05-01-2008, 03:49 AM
Chris Nerat: "Lou Lampson is one of the largest game-worn jersey collectors in the world. This video is one of about ten parts to the 30-minute long interview I did with him at Heritage Auction Galleries sale in May of 2007."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yTCq2gkygw&eurl=http://gavelchat.sportscollectorsdigest.com/True+Collectors+Talking+About+Their+Gameworn+Equip ment+Video.aspx (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yTCq2gkygw&eurl=http://gavelchat.sportscollectorsdigest.com/True+Collectors+Talking+About+Their+Gameworn+Equip ment+Video.aspx)

PudgePollyMillerFan
05-01-2008, 06:05 AM
He probably does have THE LARGEST GAME WORN JERSEY COLLECTION IN THE WORLD......only guy I know that can walk into a sporting goods store and walk out with 10 new "GAMERS"!!!

PudgePollyMillerFan
05-01-2008, 06:16 AM
Just watched the video.......one thing comes to mind..........notice he carries an ink pen at all times in his hand....always ready to sign that ever so important LAMPSON LOA I guess.:p

kylehess10
05-01-2008, 06:23 AM
The more I watch the video, the more I wanna slap the guy just for his facial expression. I can't wait to meet him someday ;)

otismalibu
05-01-2008, 06:59 AM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb110/otismalibu/ll.jpg

aeneas01
05-01-2008, 07:17 AM
90 seconds into the interview lampson says...

"in football i had a similar experience and i will never forget it. it was 1962, patriots in the old afl, a very colorful league, challenged the nfl. they, um, they had their home opener at harvard stadium that year it was a beautiful sunny day puffy white clouds..."

never forget it? the pats played that game at nickerson field (boston university field) which was their home from 1960-1962. they didn't play at harvard stadium until 1970...

Vintagedeputy
05-01-2008, 07:18 AM
"puffy white clouds"

What an ass.

skipcarayislegend
05-01-2008, 08:01 AM
Tune in tomorrow and watch Lee Trythall reveal the secrets behind his amazing discoveries!

Vintagedeputy
05-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Next thing ya know, Lampson will team up with Geraldo Rivera....

Tune in for....

Secrets of Lampson's 80,000 photo storage vault.....

mvandor
05-01-2008, 08:43 AM
From that accent I think Boston has to take responsibility for this guy. Man, with the money he's making, you'd think he could dress better.

mvandor
05-01-2008, 08:44 AM
From that accent I think Boston has to take responsibility for this guy. Man, with the money he's making, you'd think he could dress better.

BTW, that Nerat guy sure travels in the higher circles of morality - LL, Coach's Corner... he must be a real beacon of truth for the hobby.

Eric
05-01-2008, 10:50 AM
BTW, that Nerat guy sure travels in the higher circles of morality - LL, Coach's Corner... he must be a real beacon of truth for the hobby.

Honestly, if you have actual issues with someone or something in the hobby go ahead and state them. But do we really need to be catty?

ChrisCavalier
05-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Hello Everyone,

This is the first chance I have had to read this thread and I have not yet watched the video. However, I want to remind everyone that this forum is designed to help us all educate one another and it is not intended to take things to a personal level. Specifically, here is the forum rule in that regard:

No Personal Attacks. Do not harass, belittle, threaten or “flame” another member. Do not call other members names, even in jest. You may dispute opinions and facts, but do so with facts and not by taking it to a personal level. This forum is intended to operate in a positive environment. Please help us achieve that goal.

This rule applies whether or not the person being referenced is a forum member or not as we clearly want to create a positive environment here for all who participate.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions thank you in advance for your compliance.

gwh11
05-01-2008, 12:27 PM
At the risk of hijacking the thread, I thought Scott Harpt's video was fun to watch; really well done. Scott's enthusiasm and focus are what great collections are all about.

Guy

harpt
05-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Wow, thanks Guy. I really appreciate that feedback. I have gotten some nice responses via email too. I appreciate them all.

Scott

aeneas01
05-01-2008, 02:43 PM
scott - when it comes to collecting i'm pretty much one dimensional, vintage football helmets, so i automatically was drawn to the lampson video (given that he seems to be the most prolific authenticator of vintage football helmets) and neglected to even look at what you had put together. but i was glad to see that nerat quickly reminded folks to be sure to take a look at your video as well, which i then did, and he was absolutely right - your video is fantastic! great job! gotta love your simmons story as well as your passion for the hobby which, imo, we all share - it connects us all.

Danny899
05-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Hello Everyone,

This is the first chance I have had to read this thread and I have not yet watched the video. However, I want to remind everyone that this forum is designed to help us all educate one another and it is not intended to take things to a personal level. Specifically, here is the forum rule in that regard:

No Personal Attacks. Do not harass, belittle, threaten or “flame” another member. Do not call other members names, even in jest. You may dispute opinions and facts, but do so with facts and not by taking it to a personal level. This forum is intended to operate in a positive environment. Please help us achieve that goal.

This rule applies whether or not the person being referenced is a forum member or not as we clearly want to create a positive environment here for all who participate.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions thank you in advance for your compliance.

Amen to that! That's all this thread is, personal attacks and inflamatory remarks on a person who obviously has no credibility here. To the forum members who just can't let the Lampson thing go, please read Mr. Cavalier's comments, especially those in bold lettering. I agree with him 100% and comply fully with his mandate. Lastly, please read again one of my few posts:
I'm wondering what some avid collector who stumbles upon this site for the first time will think when instead of finding useful, informative information about his passion, he finds bickering, immaturity and a serious clashing of egos. Is there a way for him to navigate around the madness and the never ending Lampson posts? Yes, we know you have no confidence in Lou lampson, let it go! Who cares what your real name is? Go back to posting useful information. There used to be real beneficial information posted here that was generated among mature, humble friends. It was a lot more fun then. Dan

kneerat
05-01-2008, 03:29 PM
I also want to add how happy I was with how Scott's memorabilia turned out, and all kidding aside, I thought Lou's interview was very entertaining.

It would be awesome to see more videos like Scott's, showing off your memorabilia, because really, this is what collecting is all about.

Thanks to those of you who saw the positive side of my video postings and held back the jabs.

Vintagedeputy
05-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Hello Everyone,

Chris,

I'd like to apologize for calling Lou Lampson an ass.

I could have come up with something much more descriptive and creative.

momen55
05-01-2008, 05:35 PM
where is the video that scott made? i would like to see it. somebody post the link please. thanks.

harpt
05-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Robert,

Thanks for those comments. I appreciate them.

Momen,

There is a link at Chris Nerat's gavel chat. Here is a link to that:

http://gavelchat.sportscollectorsdigest.com/ (http://gavelchat.sportscollectorsdigest.com/)
http://www.sportscollectorsdigest.com (http://www.sportscollectorsdigest.com)

Thanks again for all the feedback guys. I would love to see footage of your collections too.

lund6771
05-01-2008, 10:23 PM
great video...after hearing Lampson talk on tape, here's my opinion...Lampson talks about football jerseys being used for multiple seasons...15 years ago I was gong to Nationals where Lampson & Capolla were set up together..they had many football jerseys that showed ZERO wear....I even asked to look at a few out of the show case and they were crisp...

since he's fully aware of the use that a footall jersey should have from "the old days", how could he be selling mint shirts then and still authenticating them now?

he obviously knows EXACTLY what he's doing....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$

mvandor
05-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Eric, are your PM capabilities turned off by intent? I wanted to PM you re: your response to me in this thread.

Jags Fan Dan
05-02-2008, 10:20 AM
I also really liked Scott's video! I share the philosophy of collect what you like, as I'm sure many on here do.

Eric
05-02-2008, 10:43 AM
Eric, are your PM capabilities turned off by intent? I wanted to PM you re: your response to me in this thread.

Not sure why my private messages wouldn't be working. In the meantime if you like you can send an email to me at ecky3@aol.com
Eric

cjw
05-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Scott...enjoyed the video of your Brew Crew collection....i too have a fondness for the power blues...Jays are my fave, but i alson have a couple of Expos and would like to add a Brewer jersey to my collection. chris

harpt
05-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Yeah, I don't know what it is about those powder blues, but they really do it for me...instant childhood memories.

Thanks for the kind words about the video.

lund6771
05-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Hi Scott...you're video truely exemplifies the spirit of collecting...congrats on a wonderful collection!!!!