PDA

View Full Version : Opinions of this Jim Edmonds bat please

arl423
04-30-2008, 04:35 PM
Does anyone have any opinions on This game used Edmonds bat listed on ebay? Seems to me that it is missing his tape job, Also not sure if Jim was a label in or out hitter. Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140227541601&indexURL=8&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Thanks in Advance
Adam

stlbats
04-30-2008, 06:54 PM
The absence of the handle tape is enough for me to stay away from it. Must be for everyone else too because it has no bids and Edmonds bats are usually pretty hot. Jeff Scott did mention some of his bats this yr in SD were STL bats with NO tape for several ABs.

Ask the seller if its from this year or not?

Thanks

Jason
stlbats@bellsouth.net

BMH
04-30-2008, 07:21 PM
I can't comment on it's use by the player but it looks like a 2004 bat since the end brand has been lasered engraved instead of foil branded.

arl423
04-30-2008, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the Help. Have gotten very vague respones from seller. Think I will stay away from this one as well.

indyred
04-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Lack of tape won't help. Maybe it's a BP bat. Still time left in the auction, I'm sure some snipes will come in on it last second. It does show nice use.

bigtruck260
04-30-2008, 10:11 PM
I have been looking at this one and discussing it with some friends of mine who are members of the forum.

Here is my two cents...

It is probably a BP bat. There is no tape, but I have seen (and Mr. Scott has commented on his site about this) other bats not taped that are of the batting practice variety - both Walker finished and black.

It's still a nice bat - and for $100, it is really a nice bat:)

Dave

arl423
05-01-2008, 06:51 AM
No new updates from the seller about the bat. But I did find out that his wife just gave birth to their second child so maybe thats why his responses have been vague.

Thanks again for the opinions.

shoremen44
05-01-2008, 08:27 AM
Hey guys... this is my listing... we did just add another little boy to the family... thanks...

as for the bat... the vagueness of the responses are that I don't have alot of information about the bat.

I got it from a salesman who works for me in St Louis. He told me it was game used, but then again what the hell does he know.

It does not have the Edmonds tape job, and it does have a handle crack that looks like someone repaired. It shows really good use...

other than that.. I cant really help...

let me know if you need any other info.

thanks

DonTheLegend
05-01-2008, 09:38 AM
i noticed the #4 above the #15.

if it is an '04, is it possible Tony Womack may have used this also?

im not familiar with what Womack used, nor do i know if he had used C271's in the past.

bigtruck260
05-01-2008, 09:39 AM
CONGRATS SHOREMAN!!!

Very Cool. Little boys (I have one) - are awesome. He LOVES my bat collection.

Anyway, I knew you would chime in eventually. It's not as if you see an Edmonds bat every day...I think the listing is fair. Obviously most Cards collectors know what to look for. even a bat in this condition is desireable in my humble opinion. If I didn't have one, I'd bid on it....

shoremen44
05-01-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm an O's fan, but I have always liked Edmonds...

but alas... we all have to clear out items from time to time... it is a great bat, and I don't think the $99 start is unreasonable...

arl423
05-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Congrats again on the Little one. Hope things are well. This would have been my first game used purchase so I was a little hesitant. Good to know it was listed by a fellow member though.

bigtruck260
05-01-2008, 04:04 PM
....and the $180 ending price is pretty good.