PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal on eBay with re-listing sold items?

Jags Fan Dan
04-30-2008, 02:54 PM
I have noticed a lot of items lately that ended successfully but yet they are re-listed shortly there after. For example, a bat ended successfully on April 24 but was re-listed yesterday. I know shill bidding would be the likely suspicion, but I don't think I have uncovered any of that type of activity. Just wondering what anybody thinks the reason for this might be, if it is in fact not shill bidding?:confused:

scottanservitz
04-30-2008, 05:04 PM
It is very likely shill bidding...."hey bud, cover my auction...I will eat the fees"....ebay doesn't care as long as they get their monies.....just a thought.
Scott

Jags Fan Dan
04-30-2008, 06:46 PM
I guess that is the only explanation, really. I just wondered if I was missing something there.

David
04-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Presumably it would be due to non-payer, return, shilling or seller owns identical items.

Jags Fan Dan
05-01-2008, 07:52 AM
Presumably it would be due to non-payer, return, shilling or seller owns identical items.
Agreed. I was just throwing this out there to see if there was something beyond the obvious explanations that I hadn't thought of.

platinum1
05-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Well looking thru some newly listed items on Ebay an I noticed that some items I have ending today showed up as newly listed and if you click on the listing it does show it ending today. Is anyone else having that problem?