PDA

View Full Version : Fake Game Used Auction????

suave1477
04-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Well from seeing so many seriously questionable items passing authentications and soo many seriously questionable items go into auctions and go into bidding wars by bidders who didn't do there home work selling for astronomical amounts of money compared to what they would be really sold for if the people took out 5 minutes to do some research.

Why not just start a blaintant fake game used auction and see how much we can all profit lol lol

Name
PhonyAuctions.com
motto
"its fake till you bid on it"

We accept consignments from anyone and whatever you find even if it is home made. Don't be shy to send us that ball your 5 year old signed Mickey Mantle we will accept that too lol lol
We want to satisfy our consignors and we will even help you with a story of where your item orignally came from.
Grandmas old blanket - originally used by George Washington while crossing the delware river
Your cub scout Jersey - orginally worn by Mickey Mantle on cub scout day during his rookie year - don't worry if you cannot find any news stating this game existed "trust us" it did

We will have one of the leading authenticators Lou Lampson issue out LOAS on some of the finest toilet paper, you can even pick it Charmin or Scottie lol lol

Pictures???? who needs pictures we have some of the finest forensic artists from my nephews 3rd grade class that will draw up what ever it is your trying to get rid of from your garage.

Now the best part is we charge you a consigment fee and a fee for to pay my car notes, plus a buyers fee and a fee for the buyer to help pay my mortgage.

As I see this as a win I win situation lol lol

BoneRubbedBat
04-29-2008, 08:45 AM
Suave,

This has already been done.....and the items are prominently advertised on multiple pages in SCD every week.

godwulf
04-29-2008, 09:13 AM
PhonyAuctions is a little blatant. How about FantasyAuctions? That's a little more ambiguous, and just as descriptive.

skipcarayislegend
04-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Suave, you're onto something. I say forget about the samaritans who come on here and stir up trouble by trying to clean up the hobby. Let's do this right. I know a guy with "connections" to stuff that'll blow your mind. (See below for examples.) We'll take out a few ads in SCD, I'll write up a results review after every auction--which SCD will gladly run for a few extra bucks ... and bam, we're in business! Keep your eyes on the prize Suave, no matter what anyone says, we've got the "voice of the hobby" on our side.

Have a look at these beauts.....

both-teams-played-hard
04-29-2008, 03:31 PM
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/2959/almostauthenticcatalogsv1.jpg

suave1477
04-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Guys with your items and keen sense of items that might grandmother wouldnt pass off and my stupidity we will be millionaires before the year end.
I dare some one from this forum to challenge us and say are items are not fake.

Try to find a pic of a player who wore our fake jerseys...... I dare ya

Try to find a pic of Babe Ruth singing an 80's label Rawlings bat......I dare ya

:D :D :D :D

both-teams-played-hard
04-30-2008, 12:32 AM
Try to find a pic of Babe Ruth swinging an 80's label Rawlings bat......I dare ya

Suave
I had to laugh when I read your quote. Everybody knows Babe only used an Anderson Bat Company PyroTech senior league model. A great example is in the Almost Authentic 2008 Summer Auction. It shows great use and its photo-matched.
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/1844/alumruth2kr8.jpg
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/1391/alumruthrl5.jpg

suave1477
05-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Bothteams, great find!!! I have a call in to Lou for an LOA for your bat. He told me not to worry he will write me an LOA as we speak. I asked him if he would like to see the bat, he said no need he didn't want me to waste money on gas to drive to him.
What a swell guy!!!

lol lol