PDA

View Full Version : O/T - Gets worse for Clemens...

bigtruck260
04-28-2008, 12:26 PM
If his life wasn't already a mess, along comes an assumption that he had a relationship with Mindy McCready - when she was 15. Oh brother...

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BBO_CLEMENS_MCCREADY?SITE=MOSTP&SECTION=ENTERTAINMENT&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

David
04-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Oscar Wilde famously sued someone for libel and was sentenced to prison.

David
04-28-2008, 02:33 PM
In the Wilde case, the judge decided that the 'libelous' statement Wilde sued over was not only accurate but that what Wilde was accused was against British law. Wilde was sentenced to two years of hard labor (proverbial breaking rocks), which likely is not the ending he anticipated when starting the lawsuit.

bigtruck260
04-28-2008, 03:23 PM
In the Wilde case, the judge decided that the 'libelous' statement Wilde sued over was not only accurate but that what Wilde was accused was against British law. Wilde was sentenced to two years of hard labor (proverbial breaking rocks), which likely is not the ending he anticipated when starting the lawsuit.

...so if I am reading this correctly, if Roger decides to go after a newspaper for printing lies, and they in fact have some dirt on him - it will be even worse for Roger. Hmmm. Will be interesting to see what statments Clemens's lawyer perpares for rebuttal.

34swtns
04-28-2008, 03:49 PM
And what a piece of work she turned out to be. From Wikipedia:

On August 5, 2004, McCready was arrested in Tennessee for using a fake prescription to buy the painkiller OxyContin. Although she initially denied the charge, she finally pleaded guilty on November 9, 2004 and was fined $4,000, sentenced to three years probation, and ordered to perform 200 hours of community service.
Two days later, on May 8, McCready’s ex-boyfriend and aspiring country singer, Billy McKnight, allegedly broke into her house and beat and choked her. He was charged withattempted murder and aggravated burglary.
In July, 2005, McCready was charged in Arizona with identity theft, attempted fraudulent scheme and artifices, unlawful imprisonment, hindering prosecution and unlawful use of transportation. Police said she and a man stole a truck and forced a woman to accompany them against her will. McCready's lawyer claimed that she was in the process of helping authorities catch an alleged con artist who had bilked her and 35 other celebrities when the charges were filed.
On August 10, 2005, an arrest warrant was issued for McCready for violation of her probation when she left Tennessee without permission from her probation officer. McCready was also charged with not reporting to her probation officer during July. She was finally arrested in Florida onAugust 26 and returned to Tennessee.
On Septembar 19, 2005 during a court appearance in Tennessee to appeal terms of her bail, she confirmed that the July 22 drug overdose in Florida was a suicide attempt. She added that the attempt came after learning she was pregnant with McKnight's baby.
Just four days later, on September 23, McCready was again hospitalized after overdosing on antidepressants after arguing with McKnight over their unborn baby.
On July 19, 2006, a jury of 12 found McCready not guilty of driving under the influence, but found her guilty on the charge of driving on a suspended license.
On July 21, 2007 McCready was arrested in Ft. Myers, Florida. She was charged with battery and resisting arrest for apparent scuffle with her mother.
She was released from jail on December 30, 2007.

frikativ54
04-28-2008, 03:53 PM
She had a fight about her unborn baby and then overdosed...how intelligent. :rolleyes:

-frik

bigtruck260
04-28-2008, 04:25 PM
A few photos of Mindy at various stages in life...

eGameUsed
04-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Here is a funny joke I heard on the Houston sports talk channel today at lunch.

When asked about R. Clemens (note reference to R. Kelly) preferences, he said "I prefers 29 Year Olds." The reported responded, "There is nothing wrong with that." Roger replies "Well, some people think there is a problem with 20 Nine Year Olds."

I couldn't stop laughing!

Man, I remember the day I had 4 Clemens Jerseys, a few bats, and picked up some of his Yankees items. Glad I only have my photomatches 2004 Jersey, 2 Bats, Cleats, and Batting Glove left. Those are in my collection or I would be getting ready to take a hit on the HOF Investment!

Thanks,

frikativ54
04-29-2008, 01:30 AM
Interesting, and I remember back in 2005 when Canseco claimed on the Sean Hannity show that Roger Clemens was the only player he knew that didn't cheat on his wife.

And it was platonic, wasn't it? :rolleyes:

David
04-29-2008, 01:39 AM
Unless Canseco and Clemens shared the same bed every night, how would Canseco know that anyway?

David
04-29-2008, 01:47 AM
I'd also like to hear Canseco explain how the never-married players he knew cheated on their wives.

frikativ54
04-29-2008, 02:08 AM
Unless Canseco and Clemens shared the same bed every night, how would Canseco know that anyway?

Maybe they discussed their sexual exploits. Who knows? A lot of the stuff that Canseco has said has been right on, but in the case of Clemens, Jose Canseco has shown himself to be not above partiality.

frikativ54
04-29-2008, 02:11 AM
I'd also like to hear Canseco explain how the never-married players he knew cheated on their wives.

There are never-married ballplayers? Unless they are gay and don't live in Massachusetts, I thought that every athlete was either married and/or had more sexual opportunities than a drugstore has pills.

3arod13
04-29-2008, 05:36 AM
Makes me kinda glad I'm just an average joe living in today's society. The more famous you are, the more they are looking to bring you down. However, they can only do that if you give them something to use.

Personally, not interested in Clemens personal life. Not saying cheating is acceptable, but I'm only interested in his baseball issues. However, if he says he didn't have relations with her, and it's proven he did, then it's definately a credibility issue.

skyking26
04-29-2008, 08:10 AM
A former player recently told me that Canseco was engaged to Esther when a rookie (or married) and had 2 woman in his hotel room at once (not Esther). Not much morality there, so who you gonna believe...?

sayhey24
04-29-2008, 09:41 AM
Hi Chris,

I've been trying to get a hold of you about the Staub bat I'm holding for you, but haven't had any luck through conventional email.
When I noticed your post in this thread, I thought I'd try you here.
Could you please email me?

Sincerely,

Greg

eraser1980@aol.com

bigtruck260
04-29-2008, 09:50 AM
From SI.com:

McCready confirms Rocket affair (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/48430)

Posted: Tuesday April 29, 2008 05:50AM ET

Barricaded behind tightly drawn blinds at her Nashville home Monday, country singer Mindy McCready confirmed a long-term affair with embattled pitcher Roger Clemens (http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/7219). "I cannot refute anything in the story," a tearful but resolute McCready told the Daily News, which broke the story at midnight Sunday. After the teenage McCready met Clemens at a Fort Myers bar called The Hired Hand, she returned with the Rocket to his hotel room, but there was no sex that night, sources told The News. It wasn't until later, after McCready had moved to Nashville and become a country singing star, that the relationship turned intimate.

both-teams-played-hard
04-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Personally, not interested in Clemens personal life. Not saying cheating is acceptable, but I'm only interested in his baseball issues. However, if he says he didn't have relations with her, and it's proven he did, then it's definately a credibility issue.

Cheating isn't the issue. She was a teenager and he was a grown man. That's a pedophile in my state.

sylbry
04-29-2008, 01:10 PM
I am curious what she was doing in a bar at 15 years old? I am assuming singing but who books a 15 year old to sing in a bar?

And what 28 year year old would take a 15 year old back to his hotel room? Further, what parent, guardian, manager, ect... would allow a 15 year old to go with a 28 year old unaccompanied to his hotel room?

Maybe Roger was a strike out artist in more than one way and had to lower his standards to those who don't know any better.

camarokids
04-29-2008, 01:38 PM
If they didn't go back to the hotel room for sex ? Maybe she was showing Roger how to put on his make up ?

eGameUsed
04-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Hi Chris,

I've been trying to get a hold of you about the Staub bat I'm holding for you, but haven't had any luck through conventional email.
When I noticed your post in this thread, I thought I'd try you here.
Could you please email me?

Sincerely,

Greg

eraser1980@aol.com

Greg,

Just saw this post and found your e-mail in my junk folder. Sorry about that, but you and a lot of other AOL users were there. E-mail about to be sent.

Thanks,

otismalibu
04-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Fox News is reporting that Roger Clemens and Josef Fritzl have scheduled a joint news conference for later this week.

Never too late for a little damage control.

:D

David
04-29-2008, 02:56 PM
It wasn't a booked gig. She was doing karaoke.

Rob L
05-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Here we go again! Sucks to be Roger:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view.bg?articleid=1090659&srvc=home&position=6

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2008/04/30/2008-04-30_roger_clemens_linked_to_john_dalys_ex.html