PDA

View Full Version : How Is This Game-Used?

frikativ54
04-28-2008, 01:17 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/JEFF-BAGWELL-Autographed-ASTROS-GU-JERSEY-PREMIER-LOA_W0QQitemZ270232686060QQihZ017QQcategoryZ27264Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The LOA states merely that it's authentic.

TNTtoys
04-28-2008, 08:47 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/JEFF-BAGWELL-Autographed-ASTROS-GU-JERSEY-PREMIER-LOA_W0QQitemZ270232686060QQihZ017QQcategoryZ27264Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The LOA states merely that it's authentic.

Looks like a quantum leap from a "signed" jersey to a "game used" jersey.

In fact, the LOA does not appear to mention anything about the jersey. It just mentions that the signature is authentic.

By the content in the LOA, you're buying an autograph on a jersey, not a game used jersey.

I'd be curious to find out how the seller arrived at the jersey being game worn?

loumud
05-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Looks like a quantum leap from a "signed" jersey to a "game used" jersey.

In fact, the LOA does not appear to mention anything about the jersey. It just mentions that the signature is authentic.

By the content in the LOA, you're buying an autograph on a jersey, not a game used jersey.

I'd be curious to find out how the seller arrived at the jersey being game worn?

I'm by no means an expert, but even if the LOA said it was game used, which it doesn't appear to, it would be hard to tell specific game use characteristics without looking at the jersey is person, especially with the photos posted. Some sellers on ebay never cease to amaze me, as well as the buyers that pay top dollar for questionable items!

kingjammy24
05-02-2008, 05:56 PM
I'm by no means an expert, but even if the LOA said it was game used, which it doesn't appear to, it would be hard to tell specific game use characteristics without looking at the jersey is person, especially with the photos posted.

the photos posted seem to indicate it's a retail jersey.

rudy.

frikativ54
05-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Here's the reply that I got from the seller:

You can see the sweat stains on the neck and dirt on parts of the jersey, so I asked another long time collector to check the make and emblems during that era and he stated it is 100% authentic game issue and that it would most likely not have been available in this fashion to the direct public. So I made it my guarantee that it was player worn game used. And will refund if ever found to the contrary. I feel 100% certain that it is authentic game jersey. Thanks for your interest! Let me know if you have any other questions.

From the looks of it, doesn't sound like he understands the difference between g/u, game issued, or retail. Just my first thought.