PDA

View Full Version : Pete Rose Jersey

joelsabi
04-26-2008, 08:15 AM
Real or no real?

flaco1801
04-26-2008, 09:35 AM
id like to see a year,set number or name embroidered on the shirt.

tacprc
04-26-2008, 12:42 PM
I would need an LOA on this jersey before buying. An expert needs to see whether the tag was taken from another jersey and a tag was pulled from the collar of this jersey.

nate
04-26-2008, 06:07 PM
I'd be happy to share pics of the jersey if you need to see more. No tag was pulled from the collar. Correct me if i'm wrong, but there were no set, year or embroidered names on Reds '73 Wilson jerseys. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Regards,

Nate

tacprc
04-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Yeah, OK, but why don't you get an LOA if you are the seller? If the jersey is authentic, then the value of the LOA will far outweigh the cost.

I have a copy of an appraisal that Dave Grob (now with MEARS) did on a different Pete Rose 1973 road jersey, and he checked all kinds of things including the size of the letters and numerals -- before failing the jersey.

nate
04-26-2008, 11:32 PM
Dave was the first person I emailed in regards to the jersey and he pointed me in the right direction. Currently, I'm waiting for the letter of provenance to include with the jersey if I decide to authenticate it. No one has provided me with any information to think it's not authentic. I've always guaranteed my items to pass MEARS, PSA/DNA...etc. If I have a buyer that would like to have it authenticated first I'd be happy to help. Please let me know if there is anything else I should check on the jersey to assist Joel with his question.

Best Regards,

Nate