PDA

View Full Version : Help with 84 SF Giants jersey

boardburn
04-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi all,

I'm considering a jersey purchase, but need to do some homework first. I'm looking at a 84 SF Giants jersey with the 84 AS patch sewn onto the sleeve. Specifically, I'd be very interested in seeing close-up photos of the AS patch, the stitching style on the inside of the sleeve, and the maker/year/uni number/set tagging in the tail. If you cannot take any photos, I'd appreciate a written description of the stitching and tagging.

I have one of these jerseys in my collection already, but would like to see more than one of these jerseys before I pull the trigger on the purchase.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

PS: You can send the images directly to my e-mail address if you prefer, geschoss@aol.com

lon lewis
04-23-2008, 04:44 PM
boardburn, It would help to know which jersey you're talking about. The Giants jerseys in 1984 were mfr'd by Wilson with the Wilson tag on the outside lower left tail and carried a set/strip tag below with the players number and a 2 digit year designation in black chainstitch. Example 22 84 for Jack Clark. The All Star patch was located on the left sleeve and in almost all cases was straight stitched to the sleeve in black thread. The stitch went along the outside black border. With all of that being said, it should be noted that the Giants only ordered 1 set of 1984 jerseys ( with a couple of exceptions) and recycled the 1983 jerseys (arm band removed) for the 2nd set. The 1983 jerseys were tagged in the same fashion as the '84's. "blank" or extra jerseys only carried the 2 digit year designation and were used for players/ coaches that joined the team (such as Dusty Baker) after the jersey order was placed. Some of the others had the NOB/ numbers changed. If you have any other questions or want to discuss this further,I can be reached via email shadowsdad@worldnet.att.net or phone 775 856 4253

boardburn
04-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Lon,

Thank you very much for the informative reply! E-mail sent!

Regards,
Tom