PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a GU Base with Post ?

Jays1fan
04-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Does anyone here have a game used BASE with the Post attached ?
Could you please post a picture of the underside of the Base. Wondering HOW they mount these to the posts.
Thanks.

BULBUS
04-23-2008, 08:48 AM

Jays1fan
04-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Bulbus - Thank you. Is that All 1 Piece ?? Except for the 4 Metal Strips on the outside. I take it the medal base goes into the actual Base pretty deep ?
Thanks,
Scott

BULBUS
04-23-2008, 10:10 AM
No problem Scott. I no longer have the base, I sold it, then it went missing in the mail, but from bases that I have seen without the post, the post is attached to a thin plate which slides under the flaps. Then screws go through those metal strips, through the flaps, and into the plate. So, no, the post does not go deep into the base. I hope this helps.

-Chris

Jays1fan
04-23-2008, 03:49 PM
No problem Scott. I no longer have the base, I sold it, then it went missing in the mail, but from bases that I have seen without the post, the post is attached to a thin plate which slides under the flaps. Then screws go through those metal strips, through the flaps, and into the plate. So, no, the post does not go deep into the base. I hope this helps.

-Chris

Chris ,
That helped a bunch. Thanks ! I think I will just find a thin piece of metal to silde underneath and drill a hole then hang it on the wall.