PDA

View Full Version : Facts on GUF User List

Eric
04-23-2008, 08:12 AM
On mearsonline.com, Dave Bushing wrote:

"4. GUF states that someone has a compete list of everyone who signs up but they protect that identity ( they do not make it available to the public)"

I have explained this many times now- here AND on the mears site, but for some reason it's not translating.

A list of GUF users is available to ANY registered member of Game Used Universe. Sign in and click on the Hobby Network link on the top toolbar and click browse profiles to see the list.

It is factually incorrect to say "they protect that identity ( they do not make it available to the public)"

Anyone who logs in can see the list. It is that way now. It has always been that way. If there are any questions about this, post here or email me at ecky3@aol.com

People are responsible for their own comments on this forum. Users register with a valid first name, last name and email address. No one's identity is being hidden.

Eric

aeneas01
04-23-2008, 08:27 AM
eric -

troy contacted me about my "q&a" post, felt it was not accurate, and wanted me to address his points. dave quoted my post at mears and invited me to post any questions or concerns i might have. i am eager to oblige both troy and dave but have no interest in registering at mears - is it appropriate to post my replies at guu?

of course, if you feel that this is fine, it will only perpetuate this extremely odd, almost surreal, method of exchanging opinions given that they made it clear to me that they will not respond to posts at guu - at least that was my understanding. as such, it will go something like this: i post my thoughts here, they read them and respond at mears, i go to mears to read their responses and then return here to reply. beautiful, eh?

otismalibu
04-23-2008, 08:30 AM
they do not make it available to the public

Perhaps he means that unregistered surfers don't have access to that info. The other message boards I frequent only allow contact info for registered users. Some of the sites don't even allow access to all of the message board areas until registration is complete. That is pretty common protocol for message boards, I think.

That said, I'm not registered for the Mears Bulletin Boards, but I can click on any poster's name and send them a direct email thru Outlook Express. I tried this once, but received no response. No biggie.