PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Mets Nostalgia Game Jerseys

island_style
04-19-2008, 05:56 AM
Hello, Forum members.

Does anyone have any information regarding the tagging for the jerseys the Mets wore for the 1992 Nostalgia Game held on August 30, 1992? This is in reference to the 1985 Mets jersey thread and the Adult tag.

I have a Mets jersey that is tail-tagged with the Nostalgia Game date, along with the player's name. However, it has a retail-type collar tag with Adult. Does anyone know if these jerseys were sold in the team shop at that time? Please share photos or knowledge if you can.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

dcrules01
04-19-2008, 06:45 AM
I remember that game Bobby Bonilla hit a game winning home run off Rob Dibble in the bottom of the 9th.My father and my brother and me were there..Oh the memories..

metsbats
04-20-2008, 08:17 AM
Ron,

Nice jersey. You don't see too many of those 92 Nostalgia jerseys around. The Met team shop in 92 was a very small store in the atrium of 575 5th Ave in NYC. They didn't have the volume of game used items or jerseys you can order in those days.

Like these nostalgia jerseys the other type of GU jersey you hardly see are the MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Association) Shirts off their backs gamers. During the early 90's the Mets would have a games where you can buy raffle tickets during the game and you can win the jersey that a player wore for the game. Special MDA patches were affixed to the jerseys and winners were allowed to go on the field after the game and were handed the jersey personally by the player who autographed it on the spot. Proceeds of funds went to the Muscular Dystrophy Association.

David

metsbats
04-20-2008, 08:22 AM
"MDA JERSEYS OFF THEIR BACKS RAFFLE: The final Super Saturday Raffle will take place on September 22, 2007 and will benefit Muscular Dystrophy Association as part of the MDA "Jersey Off Their Backs" Raffle. For this one night the raffle tickets are $5 each or five for $20. 15 authentic, game-used jerseys will be offered through the raffle which will start when the gates open and end with the last out of the fifth inning. A special ceremony will be conducted after the game at section 242 where the jerseys will be awarded to the lucky fans."

The Florida Marlins had a MDA "Jersey Off Their Backs" Raffle last year!

David

island_style
04-21-2008, 04:54 AM
Ron,

Nice jersey. You don't see too many of those 92 Nostalgia jerseys around. The Met team shop in 92 was a very small store in the atrium of 575 5th Ave in NYC. They didn't have the volume of game used items or jerseys you can order in those days.

Like these nostalgia jerseys the other type of GU jersey you hardly see are the MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Association) Shirts off their backs gamers. During the early 90's the Mets would have a games where you can buy raffle tickets during the game and you can win the jersey that a player wore for the game. Special MDA patches were affixed to the jerseys and winners were allowed to go on the field after the game and were handed the jersey personally by the player who autographed it on the spot. Proceeds of funds went to the Muscular Dystrophy Association.

David

Thanks, David. Very good info and, as always, it is appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com