PDA

View Full Version : michael garciaparra, brother of nomar, help please

mchmaj
04-18-2008, 02:45 PM
i am getting michael garciaparra minor league game worn jersey, i am wondering if it has any value on it ? is it worth it to get michael garicaparra game worn jersey from a minor team. i am asking because michael garciaparra is nomar 's brother and does it help with michaels value ?
help me out
thanks !
marcus

Chris78
04-19-2008, 07:29 AM
Michael Garciaparra is nothing special in my opinion. He was in the Phillies system last year and I remember seeing him at Reading. He is not in the Top 30 for any teams in the 2008 Baseball America Prospect Handbook. He might get his "cup of coffee" in the majors, but will not be a star. If the item is a jersey, I would not go more than $100 or so, since this was around the starting bids at Reading when they had there jersey auctions at the end of last year. How much is the guy asking?

bubbrubb25
04-19-2008, 09:15 AM
Chris78 do you have any Reading Phillies game used jerseys and do you live close to Reading? I live 35-40 min away.

mchmaj
04-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Michael Garciaparra is nothing special in my opinion. He was in the Phillies system last year and I remember seeing him at Reading. He is not in the Top 30 for any teams in the 2008 Baseball America Prospect Handbook. He might get his "cup of coffee" in the majors, but will not be a star. If the item is a jersey, I would not go more than $100 or so, since this was around the starting bids at Reading when they had there jersey auctions at the end of last year. How much is the guy asking?
the inland empire 66ers sells old jerseys from 2003 to 2007 and i got white jersey #7 and it was worn by michael garicaparra and it is cheap for me to buy the jerseys and i happened to buy 9 jerseys from 66ers such as furcal, ryan ketchner (2003 playoff california league MVP), ramon troncoso, mark lowe, and eric oflaherty. mark lowe and eric oflaherty are on mariners roster and they are starter for pitchers. ramon troncoso is pitcher for the la dodgers.

a guy who work in 66ers collected game bats and game jersey for more than 15 years and he have #21 blake dewitt turn a clock ahead 66ers jersey , u think worth it if i offer him $100 for the dewitt jersey ??
let me know
thanks !!
marcus

metsbats
04-19-2008, 08:47 PM
I think it's interesting that success in baseball usually originates from father to son rather than brother to brother. Classic examples that come to mind would be the Alous, Ripkens, Alomars, Griffeys, Felders. With brothers you typically don't see two superstars. One usually would be much better than the other. Ex. Hank and Tommy Aaron, Mike and Tommy Piazza, Tom and Mike Glavine, Jose and Ozzie Canseco, etc. One exception i can think of is Phil (318 wins) and Joe Niekro (221 wins) who between them won 539 games.

Here's an interesting article that appeared in the NY Times regarding the recent surge of brothers in MLB

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=950CE1D8113DF931A2575BC0A9619C8B 63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=2

-David

Chris78
04-19-2008, 09:01 PM
bubbrubb25,

I live about 50 miles from Reading and I do have some of their jerseys from last season. I have 3 of the regular jerseys, 2 of the Saturday jerseys, and 1 of the Sunday jerseys. I also won in a raffle one of the jerseys that they wore on April 12, 2008 which were ugly with no name on the back. I probably would not be interested in selling if that is what you have in mind.

Chris

bigtime59
04-22-2008, 09:38 AM
bubbrubb25,

I live about 50 miles from Reading and I do have some of their jerseys from last season. I have 3 of the regular jerseys, 2 of the Saturday jerseys, and 1 of the Sunday jerseys. I also won in a raffle one of the jerseys that they wore on April 12, 2008 which were ugly with no name on the back. I probably would not be interested in selling if that is what you have in mind.

Chris

Chris:
Would like to see photos of what you have, and also to know if they sell directly?
Thanks,
Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

Chris78
04-22-2008, 04:24 PM
Bigtime59,

They did briefly have a few of the jerseys from 2007 on their Web site, but they seem to have been sold. I was at Reading on April 1st and April 12th when they had their games and they did not have any jerseys from 2007 that I saw. I did buy a Pat Overholt jersey from them back in December, which was my Sunday jersey.

Chris

bubbrubb25
04-22-2008, 06:48 PM
Bigtime59,

They did briefly have a few of the jerseys from 2007 on their Web site, but they seem to have been sold. I was at Reading on April 1st and April 12th when they had their games and they did not have any jerseys from 2007 that I saw. I did buy a Pat Overholt jersey from them back in December, which was my Sunday jersey.

Chris
How much were they charging on there site for a jersey? And I was at the game on april 12th when they wore the yellow dragon jerseys I was bidding on the Fabio Castro.

Chris78
04-22-2008, 07:17 PM
They were charging $150 on their Web site. They had probably 6 or 7 jerseys if my memory serves me right -- some had the name still sewn on and some did not. They actually gave me the Overholt for $120 because they knew I bought other jerseys in their auctions.

BTW, I did not bid on any of the dragon jerseys. I decided to do the raffle instead and I looked at all of the containers and noticed that one of them was hidden a little bit and only had a few tickets in it (#48 Kip Bouknight). I spent $20 and put 4 tickets in #48, 3 tickets in #45, and 3 tickets in #33. I won the #48 jersey. I am curious, were you allowed to win more than one jersey in the raffle?

Chris

bubbrubb25
04-23-2008, 02:06 PM
They were charging $150 on their Web site. They had probably 6 or 7 jerseys if my memory serves me right -- some had the name still sewn on and some did not. They actually gave me the Overholt for $120 because they knew I bought other jerseys in their auctions.

BTW, I did not bid on any of the dragon jerseys. I decided to do the raffle instead and I looked at all of the containers and noticed that one of them was hidden a little bit and only had a few tickets in it (#48 Kip Bouknight). I spent $20 and put 4 tickets in #48, 3 tickets in #45, and 3 tickets in #33. I won the #48 jersey. I am curious, were you allowed to win more than one jersey in the raffle?

ChrisI wish I would have seen that overholt on there site, yes you are allowed to win more than one in a raffel.

nomah!
04-28-2008, 11:34 PM
I own a Michael Garciaparra Everett Aquasox (Mariners Single A), I have a letter from the team, and a picture of Michael wearing the exact jersey(perfect match). If interested - let me know.

mezaboys45
05-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Hi, I noticed you have Michael Garciaparra G/U jersey. I may be interested if the price is right. LMK. Thanks.

suave1477
05-18-2008, 11:18 PM
I think it's interesting that success in baseball usually originates from father to son rather than brother to brother. Classic examples that come to mind would be the Alous, Ripkens, Alomars, Griffeys, Felders. With brothers you typically don't see two superstars. One usually would be much better than the other. Ex. Hank and Tommy Aaron, Mike and Tommy Piazza, Tom and Mike Glavine, Jose and Ozzie Canseco, etc. One exception i can think of is Phil (318 wins) and Joe Niekro (221 wins) who between them won 539 games.

Here's an interesting article that appeared in the NY Times regarding the recent surge of brothers in MLB

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=950CE1D8113DF931A2575BC0A9619C8B 63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=2

-David

You forgot the Leiter brothers lol lol or did you do that on purpose because Al started as a Yankee lol lol:p

Mr.3000
05-22-2008, 10:39 PM
the inland empire 66ers sells old jerseys from 2003 to 2007 and i got white jersey #7 and it was worn by michael garicaparra and it is cheap for me to buy the jerseys and i happened to buy 9 jerseys from 66ers such as furcal, ryan ketchner (2003 playoff california league MVP), ramon troncoso, mark lowe, and eric oflaherty. mark lowe and eric oflaherty are on mariners roster and they are starter for pitchers. ramon troncoso is pitcher for the la dodgers.

a guy who work in 66ers collected game bats and game jersey for more than 15 years and he have #21 blake dewitt turn a clock ahead 66ers jersey , u think worth it if i offer him $100 for the dewitt jersey ??
let me know
thanks !!
marcus

Marcus,

Can I have your email address? I'd like to ask you something.

mchmaj
05-26-2008, 07:50 PM
Marcus,

Can I have your email address? I'd like to ask you something.
sure, its marchrisyr@aol.com
marcus