PDA

View Full Version : Is this guy nuts???

gameused
04-18-2008, 02:31 AM
Someone paid $1025 bucks for a Javy Lopez bat....can't figure this one out??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220213502922

Jags Fan Dan
04-18-2008, 07:08 AM
Essentially, all of the bidding was by two people. That is either one serious pissing match, or they both have al ot of dough and wanted that bat!

skipcareyisfat
04-18-2008, 10:07 AM
I just noticed that too yesterday! Crazy stuff. As a seller you gotta love it when two bidders go at it with each other like that. Having recently bought something from the seller of the bat, my money's on it being a legit transaction.

suave1477
04-19-2008, 01:02 AM
Well get this guys!!!

I spoke to the buyer and his explanation was for paying the amount he did for the bat:

1) Because it was Javy Lopez bat
2) and because it was a bat that might have been used during a game he was at when Javy lopez hit a home run
3) Also he added that had had bought a Mizuno Lopez bat for even more money.

ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW:confused:

platinum1
04-19-2008, 01:49 AM
Well get this guys!!!

I spoke to the buyer and his explanation was for paying the amount he did for the bat:

1) Because it was Javy Lopez bat
2) and because it was a bat that might have been used during a game he was at when Javy lopez hit a home run
3) Also he added that had had bought a Mizuno Lopez bat for even more money.

ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW:confused:
Im sorry If this Sounds rude but why would you ask the buyer Why he payed so much for the bat. The guy might not want to pay for the item now that he knows he "WAY" over payed for the Bat.

suave1477
04-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Nothing rude about your question.

Plain and simple I was curious why he paid the amount

When i asked him i asked him in a way if the bat had some significance not about value. So I did no wrong by asking him.

As you can see by his answers which he did give a little more detail to his answer but i didnt add the whole thing but as you can tell i doubt anything would stop him from buying this bat.
Especially since he had no problem forking over more money for another Lopez bat.

Jags Fan Dan
04-19-2008, 01:23 PM
Wow, that is still an awful lot of dough for that bat, but if he is happy with the purchase(s), ok and good for him. But even better for the seller!:D

ndevlin
04-19-2008, 01:27 PM
I actually did contact the seller asking him if there was something special about the bat. Well, he never responded. I guess I wouldnt either if someone bat a $1,000+ Javy Lopez bat from me.

bubbrubb25
04-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Something seems fishy about this,

I'm 99.9% sure this bat was once listed for a $50.00 starting bid and got no bids and the seller relisted it and now it went for over 1k?

loumud
04-19-2008, 11:45 PM
Something seems fishy about this,

I'm 99.9% sure this bat was once listed for a $50.00 starting bid and got no bids and the seller relisted it and now it went for over 1k?

Whatever the reasoning, it's truly fishy if HOF gamers are going for less than this! If it shows up again on ebay then we'll know there was some true shill bidding going on here, and they should be reported. I can't imagine many scenarios where a bat like this should go for so much...

mdube16
04-20-2008, 04:54 PM
I know if I owned a Lopez gamer it would be on ebay right now

ryantex
04-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Strangely enough, there is a better Javy bat on ebay right now that is going for about $980 cheaper. What a bargain.

bigtruck260
04-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Even if there was shill bidding going on...wouldn't someone still have to have a ceiling bid of a grand?

Dave

Jags Fan Dan
04-22-2008, 06:53 AM
Even if there was shill bidding going on...wouldn't someone still have to have a ceiling bid of a grand?

Dave
That's the thing. It takes two to tango. And the seller is going to get hit with some nice fees when it closes successfully at a grand if he had 2 shill bids going.