PDA

View Full Version : Curse Jersey

BULBUS
04-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Look at this thing go!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ortiz-Yankees-Curse-Jersey-to-benefit-the-Jimmy-Fund_W0QQitemZ120248650648QQihZ002QQcategoryZ24889 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

scottanservitz
04-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Great cause! Great rivalry! Hope it goes for HUGE money.

Scott

jake33
04-20-2008, 06:54 PM
I personally CANNOT STAND most retail jerseys, they are horribly inconsistant, since when do the red sox where last names on the back of their home jerseys? And I HATE seeing JETER on the back of ANY yankee jersey/shirt, why don't they make it consistant to what is worn on the field, one of the bigger reasons I got into game used items is becauase I think almost ALL retail sports items are complete garbage. I am not sure why fans put of with all these knock off items.

Also, $33,000 for a jersey that the media made a big deal for 10 minutes? You could get a game used world series jersey of ortiz for half the cost and have it mean something 100 years from now. A year from now this story will fade into nothing, especially whenever the yankees win their next world series it will be completely insignificant.

cohibasmoker
04-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Great cause! Great rivalry! Hope it goes for HUGE money.

Scott

Scott,

I could not have said it any better.

I would like to add that, the money will go a long way to help a lot of kids. Maybe the folks at the Jimmy Fund will decide to split the money with a kids charity supported by the Yankees.

Jim

TNTtoys
04-21-2008, 10:38 AM
$69,500 and counting!

Now they have more than enough money to rebuild the section of the stadium that they ripped apart to find it :D

Seriously, if the end result of a silly prank is to raise this kind of money for a good charity, it couldn't have a better end result. Besides, digging up a jersey hidden in Yankee stadium could possibly change the outcome of a Yankees-Sox series. The real answer to that conundrum is that the Yankees need pitching! :p

Nick

WadeInBmore
04-21-2008, 12:00 PM
I agree with everyone that it is for a good cause...but come on. I still feel like this is a big hoax. What were the odds of actually finding it on the first dig? Wasn't Hoffa reportedly buried in some stadium? I don't remember anyone digging up a stadium to find his body. They made such a spectacle of this situation that I truly feel it was all hype and an inside job. Also, why would you believe that this particular construction worker actually did plant the jersey? The cost to perform the dig and the risk involved really doesn't seem to make sense to me. I am glad that it is making so much money and that its going to the jimmyfund...but I still don't believe it.

wade

camarokids
04-21-2008, 12:36 PM
I agree with everyone that it is for a good cause...but come on. I still feel like this is a big hoax. What were the odds of actually finding it on the first dig? Wasn't Hoffa reportedly buried in some stadium? I don't remember anyone digging up a stadium to find his body. They made such a spectacle of this situation that I truly feel it was all hype and an inside job. Also, why would you believe that this particular construction worker actually did plant the jersey? The cost to perform the dig and the risk involved really doesn't seem to make sense to me. I am glad that it is making so much money and that its going to the jimmyfund...but I still don't believe it.

wade

I agree , sure the money is going to a great cause .

But , it's only a retail jersey .

It was Giants Stadium (I believe) that Hoffa was rumored to be buried in ....

suave1477
04-21-2008, 12:42 PM
I agree , sure the money is going to a great cause .

But , it's only a retail jersey .

It was Giants Stadium (I believe) that Hoffa was rumored to be buried in ....

Yes David thats where I buried him I didnt care for the way the guy combed his hair lol lol:p

ndevlin
04-22-2008, 12:45 PM
I wish they would keep the old Yankee stadium, and the Mets stadium for that matter :( I dont get it.

camarokids
04-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Yes David thats where I buried him I didnt care for the way the guy combed his hair lol lol:p

Speaking of comb overs .....

Could "the Donald" be next ??????? :D

cohibasmoker
04-24-2008, 01:47 PM
$175,100.00 how good is that!!!!

Jim

ndevlin
04-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Thats just silly! Nice cause I guess, if thats where it really goes.

cohibasmoker
04-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Thats just silly! Nice cause I guess, if thats where it really goes.

It really does go there because as stated in the auction:

Amounts in excess of $715 are tax deductible.

Jim