PDA

View Full Version : Blue Jays - another favor

kingjammy24
02-25-2006, 02:07 PM
hello,

I've one more favor to ask regarding Blue Jays jerseys. I'm unsure when it was that the Jays decided to open up the vaults and start selling the vast collection of jerseys they'd been storing. 2005? 2004? earlier?

At any rate, the first 'spreadsheet' I received from Mike Andrejek was in May 2005.
My request: does anyone have a spreadsheet from Mike from earlier than May 2005?

I'm basically looking for the earliest spreadsheet from him that's out there.
If you've got one earlier than May 2005, please contact me at petrucious2000@yahoo.com and/or on here.

thanks very much!

Rudy.

BaseballGM
02-26-2006, 09:21 PM
Hey Rudy: I didn't even know about that. How extensive was the list? ie, how far back did the jerseys go? Were there stars like Carter, Olerud, Molitor and Alomar? - Kevin

larry bourget
02-26-2006, 11:20 PM
Rudy,

you should direct that question to Bruce Hartel."Hartell Sports",.......i remember that the Blue Jay's did their own Auction's about 4 yrs. ago.

Larry

kingjammy24
02-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Kevin: In May 2005, I became aware that the Jays were directly selling jerseys to the public. Single jerseys, multiple jerseys, to anyone. No auctions, no restrictions, no middlemen. The jerseys for sale spanned the period from 1988 until now. They included game worn jerseys, game issued jerseys, batting jerseys, and blanks. (There never seemed to be any batting jerseys prior to 1997 however). The way it works is you email Michael Andrejek, who works for the Jays, and he sends you an Excel spreadsheet with his current offerings. You select the ones you want, he tells you the price, and a week later they show up at your door. The customer service is superb. Each one comes with the Jays COA. When I received the spreadsheet in May 2005, it had over 1600 jerseys for sale.

When I recieved my first spreadsheet in May 2005, it was somewhat obvious that I wasn't among the first to receive it because several choice pieces were absent. There were no Carters, Alomars, Molitors or Oleruds. Furthermore, there were no Borders, Stiebs, Cansecos, Clemens, Hendersons, Grubers, Henkes, or Whites. (There was a game-issued Devon White from the early 90's..I forget the exact year). I grabbed a '91 Manny Lee and '91 Greg Myers, both showed tremendous use, especially the Myers. They also had Hentgens, a nice Junior Felix, some Duane Wards, more Manny Lees, etc. Over the past year, the Jays stock of early 90's jerseys ('the glory years') has rapidly diminished. The last spreadsheet I received had about 1300 jerseys for sale. Collectors seemed to grab almost every 1989-1994 jersey, even if it was a set 4 game-issued. They didn't seem to care if it showed any use or not. Last I checked though, they still had a beautiful 1988 Tony Fernandez set 1, game-worn, baby-blue jersey left and a 1993 World Series Darnell Coles, game-worn jersey too.

Rudy.

bigtime59
02-27-2006, 06:28 PM
I could hijack the entire bandwith of this forum, and still not run out of good things to say about Mike Andrejek. Any moronic request I've ever made of him (and I've made a few) he's listened to, and taken time to investigate, and often delivered on. He's customer service personified. The other MLB teams should each recieve a clone of this man. He is without peer.
BTW, for 2005 jerseys, there are no Blue Jays holograms/loas. They've gone to MLB holos.

kingjammy24
03-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Larry,

What's Hartel's connection with the Jays? Did he do a bulk order at one point or ..??

re: the Jays auctions.
Yes I remember during the Alumni weekends at the Skydome when they'd trot in Ernie Whitt or Kelly Gruber or Damaso Garcia, they'd also have one of those 'garage sale' type auctions. I always resented not being able to attend and envisioned collectors grabbing up all the Oleruds and Alomars. I'm guessing the auctions occurred prior to the Jays selling all of their jerseys directly so most of the choice pieces were probably snagged at the auctions.

Rudy.

Sincityson
11-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Perhaps this question has been answered, I am not sure.. But does anyone know what the price range on the jerseys are? or what the lesser known players were going for? I also agree, their customer service is top notch!

suave1477
11-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Its is really funny this topic came up as a coincidence I contacted the Jays this morning about possibly doing a deal and of course investigating what stars they had left. Unfortunatly to my dissapointment over the older stars they didn't have much if anything left.
Molitors
Alomars
Bell
Wells
Olerud

and anyone else you can imagine have been sold out
Mike is actually traveling on business and wont be back till next to week to give everyone a heads up.

Again I am in process trying to possibly work out a deal with the Blue Jays and my company, so if anyone is interested please let me know what players you are interested in, as you can imagine the more orders I can put the cheaper I can get the items for. I would then give the Jersey to you at whatever the cost is with out my profit. As of course I would only do this for members of the forum.

You can contact me admin@gameuseddirect.com
Jason

STLFan2003
11-07-2006, 10:49 PM
can you ask about Hinske jerseys?

suave1477
11-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Whats is your email address?

STLFan2003
11-08-2006, 06:50 PM
cardsfan4life@hotmail.com

thank you

Sincityson
11-16-2006, 02:03 AM
Anyone know if the Jays 2006 GU & GW jerseys have been updated on the spreadsheet yet?

s