PDA

View Full Version : Scd - M.i.a?

cohibasmoker
04-17-2008, 08:19 AM
There have been plenty of comments made by forum members about several items currently being offered both on eBay and by auction houses. Yesterday, it occurred to me, there is one voice that is missing - SCD.

Mr. Nerat and SCD had plenty to say about the Namath/Jets helmet so I was wondering, what is their stanze about the current batch of items?

What exactly is "Good for the Hobby"? The comments made by forum members? Or, the current batch of items that have been discussed on the forum by forum members?

So, let's hear from, "The Voice of the Hobby".

Jim

skipcareyisfat
04-17-2008, 12:51 PM
As long as SCD remains the mouthpiece for the world’s biggest auction scam, the best thing would be for the "voice of the hobby" to keep its mouth shut. Nothing beneficial or remotely relevant seems to come out of it anymore anyway. Nevertheless, I’m sure we'll continue to get jabbed by SCD's altruistic blog crew while they tout the genius of Lampson, the magic of inserts and the unbelievable bargain buys found on pages 10-25 inside every weekly pamphlet, I mean priceless hobby resource.

kingjammy24
04-17-2008, 04:50 PM
what on earth are you guys talking about? have you not seen steve bloedow's last column "Would you jump over an Aston Martin if you made $30 million?" here it is in case you missed it: http://bloedowsblock.sportscollectorsdigest.com/Would+You+Jump+Over+An+Aston+Martin+If+You+Made+30 +Million.aspx

it's an unreal piece of blistering journalism. steve advances the controversial theory that bryant didn't really jump over the car, but rather alongside it! he totally blows the lid open on "special effects" in commercials!!! nike is going to have a big headache when they see steve's expose. however, he doesn't stop there! he talks about attending a conference in phoenix and the extreme temperature differences between phoenix and wisconsin! holy smokes, i don't know how steve is going to make it through 96 degree weather but i'm sure as hell going to tune in next week to find out!!

and lest you think steve is a one-trick pony, his previous article was "Which NBA Draft was better - 1996 or 2003?" found here:
http://bloedowsblock.sportscollectorsdigest.com/Which+NBA+Draft+Was+Better++1996+Or+2003.aspx

when i saw that headline, i almost spit like john madden watching the magical moves of brett favre! here i always thought the big debate was the 1994 vs 2002 nba draft. that's what everyone thought right? steve totally blows that one out of the water with his 8 paragraph analysis of the '96 vs '03 draft.

anyway, clearly you guys are off your rocker. i'm eagerly awaiting steve's next articles "Florida is more humid but not as hot as Arizona", "Ball park fries: with ketchup or without?", and "Cards can be neat".

rudy.

otismalibu
04-17-2008, 05:02 PM
Rudy, you faceless, nameless SOB!!!

Is it sweeps week?

You've been giving us A+ material this week.

:applause:

34swtns
04-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Co-sign with Mr. Malibu,

That was comedy gold, Rudy.

kingjammy24
04-18-2008, 05:23 PM
greg, if there is ever a GUU meet, perhaps at the National, i'm all in favor of making up "Nameless, faceless GUU SOB" tshirts for everyone to wear.

rudy.