PDA

View Full Version : Giants Update-TI Super Bowl Jerseys

pietraynor
04-16-2008, 01:28 AM
For any NY Giants football fans, the club has listed Team Issued Super Bowl jerseys ($300 & up) as well as updated the site w/ practice worn jerseys including Manning ($500). Jay.

helmets
04-16-2008, 06:25 AM
Typically, how many TI jerseys for each player are made? Are they only made for the SB? What is to stop the Giants when someone buys the Strahan from sewing up another one?

I don't know much about jerseys, hence the questions.

ham1963
04-16-2008, 09:15 AM
In noticed that they are all listed game issued not game used.
John

BULBUS
04-16-2008, 11:15 AM
I assume these jerseys were backups for the players. I'm sure the players get to keep their game worn jerseys. I also noticed a couple of the jerseys have 06 year tags so they were made up with left overs.

I picked up one of the $300 jerseys and it disappeared from the site. Looks like they only have one from each player. They had an Eli Manning GI jersey for $1750 and it sold right away. The jersey however, had elastic sleeves??????

Vintagedeputy
04-16-2008, 12:36 PM
pie - Thanks for spilling the beans! :)

7 pages of game "issued" jerseys dont really thrill me anyway. I want some dirt stained jerseys. One pair of unidentified cleats? The same masks that they've been pushing for 2 months?

Where's the good stuff Big Blue?

Jim

BarryMeisel
04-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Hi everybody,

I thought I could help this topic along, since I spoke yesterday with two members of the Giants' marketing department, and a member of their equipment staff, asking about these game-issued jerseys.

Remember, MeiGray worked with the Giants from 1997-2002, and we did have one set of Giants' Super Bowl jerseys in 2000, the jerseys the team wore on Media Day. That year, the players got to keep their Super Bowl-game-worn jerseys from SB XXXV.

When speaking yesterday, I was told that the set being offered was the backup set brought to Arizona for the game. The players got to keep their SC XVII game-worn jerseys, and the jersey each player wore on Media Day.

I was told there was one backup set, this set being offered.
As I am a huge Giants fan, and attended the game with my family, I purchased the Tyree (Manning was already gone) and Umenyiora (my 14-year-old daughter's favorite player).

Regards,
Barry Meisel, MeiGray

BarryMeisel
04-17-2008, 06:39 PM
OOPS. I meant SB XLII.

Barry

BULBUS
04-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Barry,

I saw the Manning on the site before it sold. It had elastic sleeves. I might have bought it was cut like his game jerseys. Why do you think it had the elastic?

Thanks,
Chris

PS - nice pickup on those two jerseys.

BarryMeisel
04-19-2008, 07:59 AM
Hi Bulbus,

I do not know. I could only speculate: Perhaps they did not have another QB cut, but wanted to have an emergency backup just in case ...

... Manning got his jersey ripped when he was grabbed by a lineman, who tugged and stretched his jersey while he miraculously wriggled out of trouble and threw a 34-yard prayer downfield to a backup receiver who made one of the greatest/clutchest catches in NFL history.

(Sorry, folks. Couldn't resist. Still reveling in our perfect season).

Barry

beantown
04-19-2008, 05:00 PM
Forget the Giants, they got Lucky ....;)

As for Tom Brady, he wore TWO jerseys in Super Bowl XLII....note the differences in the placement of the nameplate.....

Vintagedeputy
04-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Forget the Giants, they got Lucky ....;)

And here's what "lucky" looks like!

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xt/80461875.jpg?v=1&g=editorial11&s=1

NEfootballguy
04-19-2008, 09:39 PM
He's a Fraud! Beantown is right on the money! Pure luck with a couple stars aligned! The only reason he got the mvp was because of the 7 letters on his back! They won't even sniff the playoffs in 08. Tell your star DE, who doesn't like to sweat and bleed with the rest of his team in June/July, to show a little bit more class with his super bowl wins, will ya? Show a little respect for 18-1, because NY won't see it any time soon. Enjoy the next 9 months.

Vintagedeputy
04-19-2008, 10:07 PM
He's a Fraud! Beantown is right on the money! Pure luck with a couple stars aligned! The only reason he got the mvp was because of the 7 letters on his back! They won't even sniff the playoffs in 08. Tell your star DE, who doesn't like to sweat and bleed with the rest of his team in June/July, to show a little bit more class with his super bowl wins, will ya? Show a little respect for 18-1, because NY won't see it any time soon. Enjoy the next 9 months.

Wow! Now that's one disgruntled Pats fan. Sorry about your luck.

nyjetsfan14
04-19-2008, 10:15 PM
Show a little respect for 18-1, because NY won't see it any time soon. Enjoy the next 9 months.

Sheesh, the Boston Bruins win game 6 and out come the disoriented Pats fans from the closet! I agree, the New Jersey Giants were a fortunate team and won't sniff post in 08 season but the really sad part for you will be the real NY team (an no not the Toronto Bills) back on top of the AFC East. Sorry but Stanlet Morgan is not walking thru that door!

GO JETS!

nyjetsfan14
04-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Sheesh, the Boston Bruins win game 6 and out come the disoriented Pats fans from the closet! I agree, the New Jersey Giants were a fortunate team and won't sniff post in 08 season but the really sad part for you will be the real NY team (an no not the Toronto Bills) back on top of the AFC East. Sorry but Stanlet Morgan is not walking thru that door!

GO JETS!

Wow, with spelling like that I should have my high school diploma revoked!!! That was brutal folks, sorry...I think I just set myself up for some bad spelling = Jets fan jokes.

Vintagedeputy
04-19-2008, 10:30 PM
the New Jersey Giants were a fortunate team

How many road games did the Giants win?

Who beat Brett Favre IN Green Bay?

Who quite nearly beat the Pats in that last regular season game?

Oh yeah, who won the Super Bowl?

Thanks for playing, be sure to pick up your parting gift at the door.. :)

beantown
04-19-2008, 10:32 PM

Perfect analysis!

Moreover, as a conspiracy theorist, the league got what they wanted....back to back Manning's winning the SB...

Anyone else tired of seeing these three?

mvandor
04-20-2008, 09:29 AM
With the value they would have, if I was Brady I'd have changed after every series and would use the money to put my kid through college. :)

lund6771
04-20-2008, 12:16 PM
I also noticed that many, if not all, of the Patriots changed jerseys at half time...

the only thing that makes sence to me about this is that the team and players would each have a Superbowl jersey from the perfect season...

BULBUS
04-22-2008, 07:59 AM
"Show a little respect for 18-1, because NY won't see it any time soon."

I agree, we play in the best division in football, not the weakest.

"Enjoy the next 9 months."

I WILL, THANKS!

Anyway, I got my game issued SB jersey yesterday, it's awesome!