PDA

View Full Version : 2008 All Star Fan fest in New York

suave1477
04-15-2008, 11:59 PM
This looks to be pretty cool I was wondering if anyone else is going???

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/fan_forum/asg/fanfest_fun.jsp#attractions

Dewey2007
04-16-2008, 12:19 AM
I went to the AS Fan Fest last year in San Francisco. Definitely worth checking out at least one day. HOF items were cool to see. Lots of stuff for kids to do.

frikativ54
04-16-2008, 12:57 AM
I signed up just to see if they'd select me. I hope you can back out, if it doesn't work with your travel plans.

allstarsplus
04-16-2008, 03:47 AM
I plan on being there and already have my hotel reservations! This should be a great All Star week!

Andrew

Swoboda4
04-16-2008, 07:49 AM
I'm trying to get through the fine print,how do you get home run derby tickets?
Robert

kylehess10
04-16-2008, 08:16 AM
I\'ll most likely be therebtw does anybody know what Homerun Derby tickets might go for a piece? There\'s no way in hell I can get into the All Star Game but I\'d still like to be able to get in the Homerun Derby

Dewey2007
04-16-2008, 08:18 AM
I didn't go last year but I think I remember face value on Home Run Derby tix being around $100. I remember scalpers asking a lot more then that though.

DonFan23
04-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Season ticketholders have not received their ticket info yet, so I've not seen any pricing.

All we've been told is that if we have 2 season tickets, that's how many tickets we'll receive for All Star Sunday, the HR Derby and the AS Game itself, but we'll have to pick up 4 FanFest tickets as part of the deal. Not much of an issue as I can either take my son twice, or bring additional family along.

TNTtoys
04-16-2008, 10:43 AM
This looks to be pretty cool I was wondering if anyone else is going???

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/fan_forum/asg/fanfest_fun.jsp#attractions

Jason,

Considering that I work only 1 block from the Javitz center, I will DEFINITELY be there on one of the weekdays. I'd go in for the morning, leave at lunch and spend the rest of the day at Fan Fest. Haven't decided which yet.

Btw, check your email!!

Nick

suave1477
04-16-2008, 10:47 AM
tickets for the fanfest $30 per person / per day

Tickets for home run derby and allstar game are sold out

Tickets are being sold through places such as ebay and stub hub
Home Run Derby range rom $500 a person and up
All Star game range from $700 a person and up

suave1477
04-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Tnt I will be at the Fans fest most likely that Saturday morning all day

TFig27
04-16-2008, 11:01 AM
tickets for the fanfest $30 per person / per day

Tickets for home run derby and allstar game are sold out

Tickets are being sold through places such as ebay and stub hub
Home Run Derby range rom $500 a person and up
All Star game range from $700 a person and up

Where did you get this info?

Season ticket holders didn't even get info on these tickets yet.

suave1477
04-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Tfig I believe they have tickets set for the Season ticket holders as far as tickets for public sale if you go to the webs ite it comes up a sold out. Yet there are tons of tickets available through other channels.

As far as for the Fanfest that is not something that would be offered to season ticket holders at least I don't think it would be since that is a seperate event.

But to be honest with you All Star Game tickets / HR Derby tickets might not be offered to season ticket holders since it is not a Yankee event. Which is why you might not have been contacted about it. If they were available to season ticket holders I am sure you would have been contacted by now. Since they are already available everywhere else. I would suggest to call up your rep for the Season ticket holders and ask them.

BernBabyBern
04-16-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm a B Plan (46 game) season ticket holder (2 seats) and I haven't yet received any information on the All-Star game festivities. I was told I'd get offered tickets to the game and the other events such as the Home Run Derby and Fan fest. If I decide to pick them up most likely only go to the All Star game since I moved 2 years ago to FL. I'll just fly to NY for the game.

I will sell the tickets for the other events for above face value but at a reasonable price. I'm not looking to rip off anyone here on the forum.

Anyone on this forum interested to have first crack at these tickets can e-mail me at mikeapno1@yahoo.com. First come first serve.

Thanks,
MAP

kellsox
04-16-2008, 02:10 PM
email sent.
-Kelly
kelspeck@gmail.com

cjclong
04-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Does anyone know if there are any plans for any current or former Yankee players to be there in situations where the fans can meet them and get autographs? I went to the All Star game in Houston in 04 and was surprised there weren't many former players at the fan fest and none of the All Star selections.

suave1477
04-16-2008, 02:46 PM
I would expect there are probably gonna be quite a few Yankess players. It does list in the promotion that there will be autograph signings. I would expect it to be players like this. these are the usual players you find in the north east area doing promotional signings.

Tommy John
Mickey Rivers
Roy White
Goose Gossage
Bucky Dent
Jim Leyritz
Oscar Gamble
Whitey Ford
Yogi Berra
Darryl Strawberry
Don Larsen
Graig Nettles

I am not saying any of these players are going to be there this is just specualtion based on the normal players that are at these type of promotional events here in New York.

Tedw9
04-16-2008, 03:39 PM
I'll be there all day Saturday. I've never been to anything even close to an event like this, so I will be like a kid in a candy store. :D I gotta try to cram as much fun into one day as possible.

I would expect the autograph lines to be long, as the players sign for free. I know that the card companies will be there selling product as well as McFarlane selling show exclusive figures. I'm thinking I will just stick with the card aspect of the show, as I don't want to spend all day in line for an autograph. Although I may have to get Yogi if he appears.

I know this is off topic, but I will be in NYC for a few days that weekend with my family. Can anyone tell me where there are any good Italian delis? I want some real cannoli. :D

suave1477
04-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Tedw9 ahhhhh your defintiely not from New York lol lol

It would be a Italian Bakery not a Deli lol lol

There are plenty here in New York but depends what kind of transportation your relying on. But the easiest would be for you to head down to Little Italy you should find quite a few down there its in lower Manhattan.

DonFan23
05-01-2008, 03:38 PM
My invoice arrived today, and it's not pretty.

But at least I didn't get dislocated. I'll have my regular seats for all 3 events (Futures/Celebrity, HR Derby, and ASG).

The fun has already started on StubHub, with tickets listed for as much as 15k per - not that any will move at that price.:eek: