PDA

View Full Version : Torii Hunter cleats

dwolfe12345
04-15-2008, 10:28 PM
Probably my favorite autograph to date. I picked these up over a year ago and have been itching to get out to get them signed. I did not think I would have any luck at a day game but I tried anyways. It was the normal miserable day, but I caught Hunter coming into the park. He was riding on the cart and I held the shoes up and yelled and just hoped he would see them. He looked over and made the guy stop the cart. He motioned for me to come over and said "Cool where did you find these at"? He was super nice as usual and signed them both perfectly. I also got him to sign a picture of him wearing the same style cleats in a game. It's not a true "photomatch" but still cool to have.

TFig27
04-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Very nice!

What kind of marker did you use for cleats?

Jags Fan Dan
04-16-2008, 08:34 AM
That is very cool! Awesome that he recognized the cleats and the effort that went into obtaining them, enough to make him stop and show some appreciation. Rare these days!

indyred
04-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Those look nice. Hunter has a great looking auto.

dwolfe12345
04-16-2008, 10:19 PM
I used the trusty Deco Liquid Silver paint pen. They are the best pen on the market for dark letters on jerseys. I thought he would sign them on the fabric so I was worried about using a silver sharpie.

Yeah his cleats are fairly easy to see though. He was probably only 10 feet away and they say Hunter pretty big. He has always been nice to the fans here in Arlington. He did comment that he is surprised we still like him here in Texas. I told him we can't help it the Rangers low balled him. Hunter is probably the best player I have ever meet when it comes to being fan friendly. He talked with us like 15 minutes last year after one of the games. The year before he had rented a car and it would not start. He sat there waiting on a family member of his signing anything and everything.

AWA85
04-16-2008, 10:22 PM
Great cleats, and the signatures turned out great!

frikativ54
04-16-2008, 10:33 PM
Great cleats, and the signatures turned out great!

Yeah, I love them. Congrats on things working out so well for you!

-Frik

dwolfe12345
04-16-2008, 10:35 PM
This is one of those items that I will never get rid of. Even if I am broke and being evicted, it will be me and my Hunter cleats hitting the streets!!!

frikativ54
04-16-2008, 11:06 PM
This is one of those items that I will never get rid of. Even if I am broke and being evicted, it will be me and my Hunter cleats hitting the streets!!!

LOL! My Mom and I joke about the same thing with my Jeff Bagwell shoes. Even though I won't have a roof over my head, these will be my prized possession.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j16/frikativ54/Game%20Used%20Album/DSCN6944.jpg

The standard line is that I'll be picking up my welfare check, which I will split between feeding the squirrels and my baseball card/memorabilia habit. Oh, boy!