PDA

View Full Version : Manny Ramirez & a 2007 World Series bat

Oil Can Dan
04-11-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm watching the Sox vs Yankees game right now and noticed that Manny is using an X-Bat that very, very clearly has his name & "2007 World Series" on it. I noticed it during his first at-bat, and confirmed it on his second. Unfortunately I don't have the ability to do screen grabs.

Anyway, I found it interesting and thought I'd pass it along here. I find it interesting that a player carries bats from one season to another. I guess I just figured there wasn't a reason to not just use the bats they get delivered during spring training and throughout the season...

frikativ54
04-11-2008, 09:25 PM
You just wait until Elite sells one of these Man-Ram bats as World Series game-used.

Vintagedeputy
04-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Dont think for one minute that Manny isnt intentionally using those bats now....I'm sure he's in on the fix....

matt
04-11-2008, 10:18 PM
I just returned from that game and noticed that Manny retired the SSK he has been using. Makes me wonder about the 2004 World Series Bat on ebay for $9500. Has anyone photomatched that one?

BTW, Jeter and AROD both signed generously in the pre-game rain tonight, while the red sox players did not.

Matt

bscott
04-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Is it possible Manny using the 2007 X-Bat has something to do with the licensing trouble the X-Bat company had with MLB earlier this year?

Maybe Manny couldn't get new X-Bats for 2008 yet, and was just using last October's bats? Or maybe he is just fond of that bat?

-bscott.

BMH
04-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Nomar said his last bats of bats from of weren't right, he always orders a C271. So he sends in the bat he said is perfect. It's a C271 from when he was with Boston. After we made the adjustments to the C271 he wanted us to return it to him because he was still using that bat playing for the Dodgers. Good bats have no expiration date when a player is involved.

metsbats
04-12-2008, 05:41 PM
I'd like to think Manny's doing it for the Yankees as they have not been this close to a WS bat in 5 years.:p

Rob L
04-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Elite will have no problem selling these, or Manny's company for that matter. Fact of the matter is, the bat is game used and they are World Series 2007 bat. Plain and simple. That is all the LOA will say and it's true. As long as they steer clear of actually stating that it was used in the 2007 World Series, there fine. It's really too bad though, because the price will end up reflecting that it's an actual bat used during the World Series.

David
04-13-2008, 01:53 AM
"Game used 2007 World Series bat"

BMH
04-13-2008, 10:00 AM
I'd like to think Manny's doing it for the Yankees as they have not been this close to a WS bat in 5 years.:p

That sounds like a very good answer to me.

Oil Can Dan
04-13-2008, 12:49 PM
I'm not positive, but I think Manny was using that same bat yesterday when he hit a donger, then a 2 RBI double. Even though it's wasn't the WS, I'd love to have that bat!

gameused
04-13-2008, 04:27 PM
I just returned from that game and noticed that Manny retired the SSK he has been using. Makes me wonder about the 2004 World Series Bat on ebay for $9500. Has anyone photomatched that one?

BTW, Jeter and AROD both signed generously in the pre-game rain tonight, while the red sox players did not.

Matt

Matt,

Black colored bats are the hardest to match. Unless you can match the players number on the knob or top of the barrel, ballmarks on the barrel are really difficult to match.

Bobby

gameused
04-13-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm not positive, but I think Manny was using that same bat yesterday when he hit a donger, then a 2 RBI double. Even though it's wasn't the WS, I'd love to have that bat!

Dan,

Here's a good pic of Manny holding the X-bat vs the Yankees on 4-11-08, It looks like Manny Ramirez, 2007 World Series, Pro Maple 34 engraved on the barrel.

When I compare the photo to my W.S. bat that I received shortly after the 2007 series it matches up line for line.

Bobby

mwbosoxfan
04-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Bobby,

You better check your bat very closely. Even though you received it shortly after the World Series last year, I suspect that it was probably used this year and is an integral part of Manny's bat conspiracy! And, when you find out this is probably true, e-mail me and I'll take your bat off your hands.

Thanks,
John

gameused
04-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Bobby,

You better check your bat very closely. Even though you received it shortly after the World Series last year, I suspect that it was probably used this year and is an integral part of Manny's bat conspiracy! And, when you find out this is probably true, e-mail me and I'll take your bat off your hands.

Thanks,
John

John,

Thats funny! I rarely move my Manny items but if I decide to sell, I'll let you know!

Thanks, Bobby

DGRROSEN
04-14-2008, 06:52 PM
There is a possibility, but difficult to prove, that the bat was actually used in the 2007 series, and also used in 2008.

Oil Can Dan
04-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Once again not positive, but I think the monster 2 run HR in the 9th vs the Indians was hit with that same bat.

I'm at the point now that I'm just about infatuated with this!

suave1477
04-14-2008, 10:17 PM
MetsBats that was a lowblow lol lol:D

Maybe the Yankees should stop by Shea and show the players the bats they got pounded with during the 2000 World Series lol lol

suave1477
04-14-2008, 10:24 PM
GameUsed I actually think the Manny picture that you just posted he is using a Nokona bat not an Xbat.

The Logo in the middle more resembles the New Nokona Logo and funny enough I saw 2 reps at the Red Sox show this weekend showing David ortiz there bats, maybe for possible approval on the bats. So I wouldnt be surprised if maybe Manny like them or wanted to try them out.

Oil Can Dan
04-14-2008, 11:08 PM
You may be right, but what are the odds that the very next day Manny would be using an X-Bat that's similar in color and that absolutely had "2007 World Series" on it?

gameused
04-15-2008, 01:42 AM
GameUsed I actually think the Manny picture that you just posted he is using a Nokona bat not an Xbat.

The Logo in the middle more resembles the New Nokona Logo and funny enough I saw 2 reps at the Red Sox show this weekend showing David ortiz there bats, maybe for possible approval on the bats. So I wouldnt be surprised if maybe Manny like them or wanted to try them out.

It was definetly an X-bat Manny was using on 4-11-08, here's a pic from that game. Ortiz used the new Nokona bats during spring training.

Bobby

suave1477
04-15-2008, 01:43 PM
GameUsed ok thanks for the clarification but interestingly enough if you look at the Cabreara Nokona bat you can easily see how it can be easily mistaken for the Xbat.

Color is almost the same, Logo when not being show a 100% direct on can look very simlar and even the players name and description written on the barrel is similar font and lines.

BULBUS
04-18-2008, 09:19 AM
Manny is still using 2007 playoff bats. He was using a 2007 ALCS bat to knock around Moose and the Yanks last night (4/17/08). I paused my tv and took this picture:

suave1477
04-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Thats An esm bat Waiting To Happen Lol Lol:d