PDA

View Full Version : Grey Flannel: 1993 McGwire

mattmueller
04-11-2008, 05:54 PM
The text of the lot detail says, in part "On the left front tail is the "Russell" manufacturers size 48 tag with wash instructions. Attached are the "100% Polyester" and "2" Extra Length" flag tags."

I don't see a extra length flag tag here:

I phoned GFA today today and was told the tag is underneath the 100% poly flag. Am I the only one who can't see it?

I also had a question on McGwire's sizes and extra length through the years. Historic Auctions upcoming auction has three McGwires ('91 is 52 no length tag; '94 is a size 48 and has a 2" length tag; their '99 is a 52 (w/ crisp set tag), no extra length tag).

Anybody have an idea of what these should be?

mattmueller
04-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Wow that is ugly, I should probably learn to preview the post. Anyhow, my question that got lost in the top of the previous post was the lot detail text says there is a 2" length tag. I spoke with GFA today who said it is beneath the 100% poly tag, just not real visible from that picture. I can't see it, anyone?

kingjammy24
04-11-2008, 06:12 PM
i can see it. it looks like only the poly tag is showing but if you look carefully, the poly tag is showing AND the bottom of the extra length tag is showing directly beneath. you can see the end/line of the bottom of poly tag running across.

that said, i don't think i've ever seen crisper tagging. a hot iron couldn't improve them.

rudy.

mattmueller
04-12-2008, 06:17 AM
Ok, I see it now. I guess in my short experience I have never seen a tag that was completely buried beneath another like that. Thanks Rudy.