PDA

View Full Version : grey flannels new auction

lund6771
04-10-2008, 08:27 PM
I think that this is one of the best auctions that I've ever seen!!!!...incedible, a lot of museum quality stuff!!!!

I'm sure there's a few hick-ups, but the overall level of quality is extremely high wth a nice new format for viewing

I'm very impressed

Danny899
04-10-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm sure there's a few hick-ups,

Like a Seaver Scoreboard jersey for instance?

dcgreg25
04-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Just finished looking at the auction and overall I am very impressed. I am sure there at least a few bad items that may have slipped through but a lot of good looking items with good authentication. I like the new presentation and overall am quite impressed. Outside of GUU, I like Grey Flannel the best of the auction houses. I know others have had issues in the past but just my 2 cents.

lund6771
04-10-2008, 10:50 PM
dc & dn, I know wat ur saying...

cjmedina1
04-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Hi Folks

Just curios if any of you sent them an email requesting more info on the auctions lots and got a reply?I ask this cause I just sent an email requesting info on lot 658?
Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

worldchamps
04-11-2008, 11:15 AM
All of the game used basketball shoes have a logo sticker on them that looks like a crown...anyone know what this is???

I am curious if you could remove those stickers, I personally hate having those on game used items.

otismalibu
04-11-2008, 11:42 AM
All of the game used basketball shoes have a logo sticker on them that looks like a crown...anyone know what this is???
I am curious if you could remove those stickers, I personally hate having those on game used items.

Is that a JSA sticker to show the auto was given a thumbs up? Looks horrible and I have no idea why they'd think someone would want that added to a game used piece.

You might be able to remove them, but it would surely suck to dame the item just trying to remove that goofy sticker.

Some great looking hoops stuff, though. They always have the best selection of hoops stuff.

After selling that ABA Dr. J. jersey for $140K, I told the Mrs. that I bet we'll see a few other nice Erving pieces up for auction at GFC in the not so distant future. They've got the ABA dunk contest uniform and also a blue road Sixers jersey on their website. Nice.

If anyone bids on the game issued shoe lot and wants to sell the Erving game issued shoes, let me know. I'm blacklisted :)

mvandor
04-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Several interesting items, if legit. That Roman Gabriel lid really piques my interest. Aeneas, I'm sure that would interest you as well, care to gander at it to see if you see any red flags like you did with the Namath?

The Dawson SB lid is of interest too because they claim a photo match and a Dawson LOA.

Always a bit skeptical of an auction though that has the high demand guys in such volume:

Payton GU Jersey
Montana GU Jersey
Elway GU Jersey
Marino GU Jersey

To name a few...

tom1315
04-14-2008, 08:19 PM
The Roman Gabriel helmet on the upcoming Grey Flannel auction is indeed interesting. I had chance to meet Roman in person New Year's eve 12/31/07 at Rey's Restaurant in Cary NC. Turns out he and Rey knew each other from the days Roman traveled to New Orleans to play the Saints.

He was one of my heros growing up - a great night of stories!

Arenas1 - your thoughts re the helmet?

Tom