PDA

View Full Version : Instigating A Possible New Service at LVS

DGRROSEN
02-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Has anybody with contacts at LVS, especially Jim C. and Mike S., considered asking LVS to provide bat shipping records of modern players to collectors for a service fee? This could be done on the telephone, on the internet, by FAX, or written request. I would gladly pay a fee of $20 to get the records in which I am interested.

gameused
02-25-2006, 03:47 AM
I was told from a dealer who has access to modern LVS players records up until 2004 that LVS has stopped releasing records from 2005 and in the future. Can anyone confirm this?

Bobby

MSpecht
02-25-2006, 04:05 AM
Hi Bobby --

I'm looking at some records through May, 2005, so I guess that dealer's representations were not entirely accurate.. I believe that access is largely a matter of relationships that have been formed over a number of years. The number of people that have pretty much free access can be counted on one hand with a finger or two left over. It would be great if everyone had the opportunity to go to a research room within the museum and have total access, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Good Luck in future collecting.

Mike

Birdbats
02-26-2006, 02:11 PM
I also have some records through May 2005, but the person who gave them to me says H&B told him they are no longer providing records of current players. He used to ask for the records of 1-2 players at a time and built up a nice library of Cardinals records, which he has shared with me. Unfortunately, he has been turned down on recent requests for current players' records.

I think H&B views this as competitive information, which I can kind of understand. When it was just H&B and Adirondack, it was no big deal. But with two dozen companies trying to get players to use their bats, I can see why H&B doesn't want to make it easy for every Dinger and Zinger to know which models it is turning for particular players.

Jeff
http://www.birdbats.com

DGRROSEN
02-27-2006, 11:21 AM
Well, I tried contacting LVS in an e-mail to request bat records, and here is that correspondence:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2006 12:14 PM
To: Rosenfeld, David G.
Subject:

Hello-I am sorry but we do not make this information public.

Thanks,
lsmweb

Previous Message Feb 23 2006 11:35PM
During the 1990's I collected Mo Vaughn bats while he was a Red Sox player (both in the minor and major leagues). I have 12 LVS bats from the period 1989 to 1996. I would like to find out the specs of the bats he ordered during this period: dates, quantities, models, weights, lengths, and colors. is this information available to the public? If so, how do I acquire the data? Thank you for your help. David Rosenfeld