PDA

View Full Version : Operation Foul Ball......where's my helmet?

karamaxjoe
04-08-2008, 04:53 PM
A long,long time ago I consigned an Eddie Murray Indians helmet to the infamous North Shore Sports during the big FBI raid on that company. To this day I have yet to see that helmet turn up anywhere and am guessing it's stuck in some evidence warehouse.

I'm very curious to find out if someone on this forum acquired it somehow back in the day. The helmet was from about 1995 and the indian logo was coming loose. Of course if someone has it I woudn't be interested in getting it back since I wrote off that sad story years ago.

Eddie......are you out there?

Mike

sarahsdad
04-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Mike:
I too had several items seized in the FBI raid on North Shore Sports. And I got all my items back! Several months or maybe even a year passed and I got a phone call from the FBI field office in Charlotte, NC telling me they had my items and where I could go to pick them up at. The FBI in Chicago shipped them down to Charlotte. At the time I was in professional baseball (Minor Leagues) and they stated they had no issue with my items and if I just came by their office I could have them back. So I did, I signed a receipt and off I went.
Sarahsdad

karamaxjoe
04-08-2008, 08:46 PM
The local FBI agent made it REALLY clear to me that he had more important things to do than help me. I understand others received items back also, but I never received a call back.

Mike

tone1316
04-08-2008, 11:59 PM
I'm pretty new to this hobby.. can anyone tell me what happened with North Shore Sports?? and the FBI???